Rumored Concert Date Thread

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Are Australians really THAT hyped about GnR they are putting them to play 100k venue? Whoa??? Isnt it a bit large for concerts? MCG i mean...

We only really have 80k venues. We dont have baseball stadiums.  Bon Jovi and Foo Fighters were at the SCG in recent years, they had full stadiums. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah they do get sold through night train, but if you look at the US shows, the pit tickets are available at the General sale also, they don't get sold out at the presale. So I don't want to pay $45 extra just for getting the tickets early as I will only go to one show.

The presale tickets are usually good for people who want seats, you can choose the seats at a good price before any one does. 

I just saw gnr in San Fran. I couldnt buy a pit ticket at all on ticketmaster website. My only option was stubhub and i paid $650 aus for it. I dont know why there were no pit tickets left but i think its cause they were all snapped up by Night train members. So just be careful incase this is similar for Aus concerts (may only occurred cause US pits were small) im flying out of San Fran tonight back home to Sydney, so will be getting a pit ticket for the Sydney concert.  If the pit is larger then probably no need to buy nightrain membership. 

• Like 1

btw regarding no seats in aus venues.  10 years ago pearl jam came out here and at the bands/promoters behest the entire arena floor was filled with rows of seats.  at the time i was working as a loader and they were the only show to do that.  so i guess that means technically floor seats are a possibility.

2 hours ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

8973.jpeg

Sorry about size. So this is where guns is apparently playing in QLD. Will the pits be larger than the states? ACDC were good size. Any idea on pit ticket prices & best way to get in early??

Pits will almost definitely be larger than the states. I imagine it'll be similar to Eminem when he toured Oz/NZ most recently, in that the floor was split up in to two sections with the front one being more of a "d" barricade as pictured below (just after gates opened). Also same venue GNR are rumoured to play in NZ next year. 

So, I think bigger than the US pits, but smaller than the AC/DC front one pictured above. Otherwise, at AC/DC for example, they were first in first served and acted more as a safety barrier  I'm also guessing $300-ish (local currency) for front pit, and like 150-180 for standard GA. They'll also likely bring a decent opener and have another few local acts on the bill, always happens with Stadium tours down under. 

westernsprings-gallery1.jpg

Edited by cremefraiche
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

I've got a good source telling me Auckland 4th February at Western Springs

So this means NZ will be before OZ. 

If this is the case then I assume the last OZ show will be on the weekend of 18th feb. So Tokyo could be on the weekend of 24th Feb

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyles said:

I just saw gnr in San Fran. I couldnt buy a pit ticket at all on ticketmaster website. My only option was stubhub and i paid $650 aus for it. I dont know why there were no pit tickets left but i think its cause they were all snapped up by Night train members. So just be careful incase this is similar for Aus concerts (may only occurred cause US pits were small) im flying out of San Fran tonight back home to Sydney, so will be getting a pit ticket for the Sydney concert.  If the pit is larger then probably no need to buy nightrain membership. 

Thanks for sharing your experience 

my budget for the tickets is 400USD. I know where you are coming from cause OZ has a big gnr fan base. So its better to take no chances

im still having 2 minds about the nightrain membership. I just dont have extra 45USD to throw it away. That money could be used for transport/food etc etc while im in Japan. So well lets hope for the best

The only shows I can remember seeing which had floor seating were the Bruce Springsteen shows I attended. All others, even if they are bands who in the US would have floor seating, were all standing.

The Stones played Adelaide Oval, where GNR are rumoured to play, a few years back and the only segregation on the floor was for more expensive tickets closer to the front. The back half of the oval had cheaper tickets, but still GA.

8 hours ago, cremefraiche said:

Pits will almost definitely be larger than the states. I imagine it'll be similar to Eminem when he toured Oz/NZ most recently, in that the floor was split up in to two sections with the front one being more of a "d" barricade as pictured below (just after gates opened). Also same venue GNR are rumoured to play in NZ next year. 

So, I think bigger than the US pits, but smaller than the AC/DC front one pictured above. Otherwise, at AC/DC for example, they were first in first served and acted more as a safety barrier  I'm also guessing $300-ish (local currency) for front pit, and like 150-180 for standard GA. They'll also likely bring a decent opener and have another few local acts on the bill, always happens with Stadium tours down under. 

westernsprings-gallery1.jpg

Rose tattoo will be on the bill I'm sure. What does one have to do to get on pre sale? I would not be surprised if pit tickets were snapped up quick in Aus, I expect demand to be high.  

BREAKING!!!!! THIS POST WILL BE CONSTANTLY UPDATED SO CHECK BACK FOR NEW NEWS!!!
We now have the tv ad on our page!
From a very good source:
TELSTRA PRE-SALE
VIC: Fri 19 Aug, 10am - Mon 22 Aug, 10pm
NSW: Fri 19 Aug, 11am - Mon 22 Aug, 10pm
QLD: Fri 19 Aug, noon - Mon 22 Aug, 10pm
SA: Fri 19 Aug, 1pm - Mon 22 Aug, 10pm
GENERAL PUBLIC ON SALE 
VIC: Tue 23 Aug, 10am 
NSW: Tue 23 Aug, 11am 
QLD: Tue 23 Aug, noon 
SA: Tue 23 Aug, 1pm

Ticket Limit: 10 per transaction. No news on Nightrain members yet, but you'd assume prior to Telstra. 
Ok this is what we know so far: 
BRISBANE no official confirmation but 95% Feb 7 QSAC Stadium
Sydney no official confirmation but 95% Feb 10 ANZ
Melbourne no official confirmation but 95% Feb 14 MCG
Adelaide no official confirmation but 95% Feb 18
Perth being worked on. Domain Stadium TBC
No news on NZ shows yet, but Paul Dainty did hint as much about a month ago. TEG Dainty is the promoter.
Triple M will announce the shows Wednesday Morning.
VIC, NSW, QLD and SA tickets are through Ticketek and the WA show will be through Ticketmaster

UPDATE: We are told VIP package WILL be available, here is what they included in the states:

TOUR PACKAGES
Some packages may not be available for every date. Please check tour dates for availability and modifications.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE PIT EXPERIENCE $1750 USD
One general admission standing ticket in the Pit!
Exclusive access to an intimate backstage tour: Go behind the scenes and ask select members of the GN'R crew what it takes to put this elaborate production together (tour led by your VIP concierge)
Go on stage before the show for a group photo opportunity. (Digital download will be sent to you by the end of the night) *
Invitation to the Paradise City Lounge including: hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, beer, wine, and signature cocktails. **
DJ rockin' your favorite GN'R hits!
Photo booth set up, GN'R trivia and more!
One parking space per order (where available)
Official Guns N' Roses Paradise City Lounge laminate
Limited edition Guns N' Roses VIP book in custom packaging!
VIP commemorative concert ticket
Early entrance into the venue
Crowd-free tour merchandising shopping
Private VIP check-in location with red carpet entrance
VIP photo opportunity at red carpet entrance in front of the VIP backdrop to commemorate your night!
VIP Concierge team on-site
* No band members included in on-stage group photo
** Subject to local liquor laws

PARADISE CITY VIP LOUNGE PACKAGE $750 USD
One premium reserved seat in the first 10 rows behind the GA Pit!
Invitation to the Paradise City Lounge including: hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, beer, wine, and signature cocktails. *
VIP photo opportunity at red carpet entrance in front of the VIP backdrop to commemorate your night!
* Subject to local liquor laws

CIVIL WAR VIP RISER PACKAGE $625 USD
One general admission standing ticket in the VIP Riser near the mixing board!
Private access to your own open bar with beer and wine! *
Official Guns N' Roses VIP Riser laminate
* Subject to local liquor laws. Bar times will vary by venue.

LIVE AND LET DIE VIP TOUR PACKAGE $495 USD
One premium reserved seat in the first 20 rows behind the GA Pit!

Reading the above leads me to believe the floor will be seated, or are the packages copy paste from US shows???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

BREAKING!!!!! THIS POST WILL BE CONSTANTLY UPDATED SO CHECK BACK FOR NEW NEWS!!!
We now have the tv ad on our page!
From a very good source:
TELSTRA PRE-SALE
VIC: Fri 19 Aug, 10am - Mon 22 Aug, 10pm
NSW: Fri 19 Aug, 11am - Mon 22 Aug, 10pm
QLD: Fri 19 Aug, noon - Mon 22 Aug, 10pm
SA: Fri 19 Aug, 1pm - Mon 22 Aug, 10pm
GENERAL PUBLIC ON SALE 
VIC: Tue 23 Aug, 10am 
NSW: Tue 23 Aug, 11am 
QLD: Tue 23 Aug, noon 
SA: Tue 23 Aug, 1pm

Ticket Limit: 10 per transaction. No news on Nightrain members yet, but you'd assume prior to Telstra. 
Ok this is what we know so far: 
BRISBANE no official confirmation but 95% Feb 7 QSAC Stadium
Sydney no official confirmation but 95% Feb 10 ANZ
Melbourne no official confirmation but 95% Feb 14 MCG
Adelaide no official confirmation but 95% Feb 18
Perth being worked on. Domain Stadium TBC
No news on NZ shows yet, but Paul Dainty did hint as much about a month ago. TEG Dainty is the promoter.
Triple M will announce the shows Wednesday Morning.
VIC, NSW, QLD and SA tickets are through Ticketek and the WA show will be through Ticketmaster

UPDATE: We are told VIP package WILL be available, here is what they included in the states:

TOUR PACKAGES
Some packages may not be available for every date. Please check tour dates for availability and modifications.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE PIT EXPERIENCE $1750 USD
One general admission standing ticket in the Pit!
Exclusive access to an intimate backstage tour: Go behind the scenes and ask select members of the GN'R crew what it takes to put this elaborate production together (tour led by your VIP concierge)
Go on stage before the show for a group photo opportunity. (Digital download will be sent to you by the end of the night) *
Invitation to the Paradise City Lounge including: hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, beer, wine, and signature cocktails. **
* No band members included in on-stage group photo
** Subject to local liquor laws

PARADISE CITY VIP LOUNGE PACKAGE $750 USD
One premium reserved seat in the first 10 rows behind the GA Pit!
Invitation to the Paradise City Lounge including: hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, beer, wine, and signature cocktails. *
* Subject to local liquor laws

CIVIL WAR VIP RISER PACKAGE $625 USD
One general admission standing ticket in the VIP Riser near the mixing board!
Private access to your own open bar with beer and wine! *
Official Guns N' Roses VIP Riser laminate
* Subject to local liquor laws. Bar times will vary by venue.

LIVE AND LET DIE VIP TOUR PACKAGE $495 USD
One premium reserved seat in the first 20 rows behind the GA Pit!

Reading the above leads me to believe the floor will be seated, or are the packages copy paste from US shows???

They are copy/paste from US offers.