AXL/DC show sales

nelsontod

29 minutes ago, batatadoce said:

lisbon was sold out but now there have been alot of refunds (sorry for my english)

I don't know, I was looking a week ago and it wasn't sold out there...maybe it was "sold out" meaning they held back tickets to sell them later, at least that's what always happens in Germany. 

56 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

this is going to be a special small piece of rock n roll history , if you get the chance GO . think about it for a couple months of the long history of ac/dc axl was the frontman.

Axl said he still has 2 weeks until he is done with the boot. That would mean he's likely sitting in the Grohl throne for the first AC/DC show in Lisbon. I dunno how many GN'R fans are clamoring to see Axl with a broken foot as the frontman of AC/DC.

9 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Axl said he still has 2 weeks until he is done with the boot. That would mean he's likely sitting in the Grohl throne for the first AC/DC show in Lisbon. I dunno how many GN'R fans are clamoring to see Axl with a broken foot as the frontman of AC/DC.

IMO, axl should acually raise the sales....if axl will deliver his reunion voice thats a one in a lifetime chance for every classic rock fan. and not only that...axl will probably sing songs like touch too much again...i'm pretty sure axl will convince the fans in lisboa.

11 minutes ago, maxpax said:

IMO, axl should acually raise the sales....if axl will deliver his reunion voice thats a one in a lifetime chance for every classic rock fan. and not only that...axl will probably sing songs like touch too much again...i'm pretty sure axl will convince the fans in lisboa.

Yeah I'm guessing the Touch Too Much was a hint. I'm predicting a mostly Bon era set list. Imagine if Guns did a full Appetite / Lies era set list, we'd be ecstatic. That's how the die hard ACDC fans should be thinking. Celebrate ACDC with the final shows being tribute to the great Bon era. 

Edited by MrSoftie

1 hour ago, slammerjam said:

I don't know, I was looking a week ago and it wasn't sold out there...maybe it was "sold out" meaning they held back tickets to sell them later, at least that's what always happens in Germany. 

The show sold out on the first week it went on sale, but after the announcement that axl was the singer they started to refund people and selling those tickets (thats how i was able to get one)

I can pull up phenomenal seats for Buffalo. That said, I could still pull up decent seats for it before the stuff with Brian happened. First Niagara Center shows never seem to be complete sellouts. I think the concert market in Buffalo in general is soft. Even the Black Ice show there in 2009 wasn't sold out. Close, but not to capacity.

There seem to be quite a few tickets still left for London. Not sure if that's due to refunds or just more being released. Often with 'sold out' shows some more are released before the show. People wanting refunds have until 5pm on May 6th so I imagine more will pop up after then.

3 hours ago, Torque78 said:

Has it been confirmed that Axl will do the 10 U.S dates that need to be rescheduled? I would love to ride up to Columbus to catch that show if Axl will be there. 

Yes - it was in the full press release. The dates themselves have yet to be rescheduled but I'd guess September or October.

16 minutes ago, Torque78 said:

I sure hope there are some decent seats left for the Columbus show.

No worries there - there will be. Any tickets that people opt for the refund will be resold by the venue and the secondary markets (StubHub) won't get the premiums that they anticipated because for all intents and purposes, it's not what people paid for. You'll be able to find plenty at face value. It seems that anything the die hard AC/DC fans sell/return will just be scooped up by Guns fans. I also reckon many casual fans will still be interested since it's bound to be unique. I'm in the position where I'm a die hard of both bands as I'm sure many other people are, but nevertheless plenty of tickets will be available.

You might even want to check tickets now if they can be bought for Columbus. I can buy tickets right from the First Niagara Center site for the Buffalo show (it just says date to be announced). Great seats come up in all sections.

59 minutes ago, James Bond said:

No worries there - there will be. Any tickets that people opt for the refund will be resold by the venue and the secondary markets (StubHub) won't get the premiums that they anticipated because for all intents and purposes, it's not what people paid for. You'll be able to find plenty at face value. It seems that anything the die hard AC/DC fans sell/return will just be scooped up by Guns fans. I also reckon many casual fans will still be interested since it's bound to be unique. I'm in the position where I'm a die hard of both bands as I'm sure many other people are, but nevertheless plenty of tickets will be available.

You might even want to check tickets now if they can be bought for Columbus. I can buy tickets right from the First Niagara Center site for the Buffalo show (it just says date to be announced). Great seats come up in all sections.

I too am a big fan of both, I have seen AC/DC twice and GnR 4 times. Going to Nashville in July to see GnR then Columbus whenever that will be. Tickets aren't available on ticketmaster. So you are saying to try the arena its self? 

2 hours ago, Torque78 said:

I too am a big fan of both, I have seen AC/DC twice and GnR 4 times. Going to Nashville in July to see GnR then Columbus whenever that will be. Tickets aren't available on ticketmaster. So you are saying to try the arena its self? 

Try the arena website. I'm not sure if Columbus was sold through Ticketmaster or not (Buffalo wasn't - Ticketmaster just redirected to the First Niagara site). If it's not, you'll just have to wait until the postponed dates get re-announced, at which point they'll be back on Ticketmaster and you should have no problems getting decent seats! 

5 hours ago, nelsontod said:

people are returning their tickets in UK

Really? If I got tickets for any AC/DC shows I would still go to see them with Axl as their singer.

I mean I got the tickets already. I bet it'll be a great show anyway.

I'm sure if Brian were well enough to perform nothing would stop him, but he can't and I commend AC/DC for going on with their shows.

Just saw a news item that the tickets for the Werchter concert can be refunded if you request before the 2nd of may. The show is sold out so those on the waiting list will get first dibs. I suspect it's a small minority over here who will go for the refund, most people will still want to see them.

On 27.4.2016 at 4:12 PM, batatadoce said:

lisbon was sold out but now there have been alot of refunds (sorry for my english)

Naaaah that is bullshit with big stadium shows. They tell you that there sold out, but the truth is they sold their contingent and usually hold tickets to sell a month until days before the show. Happened with AC/DC on their Black Ice Tour as well as basically every concert on the Rock Or Bust tour in Europe. 

I guess we'll see a lot more tickets once the refunds are done next week. Those tickets released now may be tickets they held back.