08/19/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium

RussTCB

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

Mostly. Buckethead is as talented as anyone who has ever been in GN'R, including Axl or Slash or Steven or Izzy or Duff. Bucket is a freak show type of person but he is also very very talented. 

I'm not questioning their talent but Bucket spent his entire Guns career largely playing covers. Even on CD a lot of his solos were replaced by another hack. It is difficult to argue that he, through certainly no fault of his own, was a hack.

2 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Mostly. Buckethead is as talented as anyone who has ever been in GN'R, including Axl or Slash or Steven or Izzy or Duff. Bucket is a freak show type of person but he is also very very talented. 

and then he himself leaves GNR cause he could not take any more shit, he wants to be far away from the word Guns N' Roses. 

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

To be honest I'm surprised he joined in the first place. 

I guess he saw a good potential, but well that din't work out. The work he has done on his solo albums are FANTASTIC. 

Most of his work deserves much more exposure. 

Fuckin Christ. It's cool they give Steven a couple songs at some gigs. Who knows what was the plan with Izzy, but that's a whole different animal. But here we fuckin go again with the Adler nutters...

Please listen to the last 3 min or so of Coma from last night, and be honest with your Adler nut swinging selves. Do you think he could play that? Plus the other 2.5 hours of the show? 

Then we'll have the setlist complaints. It's well documented that Adler practices AFD all the time.

All this "sounds like classic GnR w Adler" bullshit is just nostalgia. In a full show, Frank just fuckin kills it. 

Lets not even get started on a new album (:lol:) with Adler...

It's fuckin cool for what it is. "Take it for what it is"...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

I guess he saw a good potential, but well that din't work out. The work he has done on his solo albums are FANTASTIC. 

Most of his work deserves much more exposure. 

I think he likes staying low key. But yeah, a lot of his solo albums are amazing. If there is one good thing about the Chinese Democracy clusterfuck, it's that a lot of people did become more aware of Bucket and introduced to his other music. 

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Fuckin Christ. It's cool they give Steven a couple songs at some gigs. Who knows what was the plan with Izzy, but that's a whole different animal. But here we fuckin go again with the Adler nutters...

Please listen to the last 3 min or so of Coma from last night, and be honest with your Adler nut swinging selves. Do you think he could play that? Plus the other 2.5 hours of the show? 

Then we'll have the setlist complaints. It's well documented that Adler practices AFD all the time.

All this "sounds like classic GnR w Adler" bullshit is just nostalgia. In a full show, Frank just fuckin kills it. 

Lets not even get started on a new album (:lol:) with Adler...

It's fuckin cool for what it is. "Take it for what it is"...

I do not even like Coma very much - turgid self-indulgent rubbish - so you are probably asking the wrong person, but I have it on good authority by a drummer friend that there is nothing complex in songs like Coma and the other Illusion songs.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not even like Coma very much - turgid self-indulgent rubbish - so you are probably asking the wrong person, but I have it on good authority by a drummer friend that there is nothing complex in songs like Coma and the other Illusion songs.

I absolutely agree there's nothing complex. But a lot of speed & power & the timing seems critical. If all 5 elements aren't in sync, that's gonna sound like a shit show...

Just now, Fitha_whiskey said:

I absolutely agree there's nothing complex. But a lot of speed & power & the timing seems critical. If all 5 elements aren't in sync, that's gonna sound like a shit show...

Well I've never heard Adler sound like a 'shit show' ever. Plenty of groove and beat certainly but never 'shit show'. I have however heard a few performances matching that description from Frank.

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I think Adler would handle it fine with practice. Daisy, you're crazy my friend. Coma is badass. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evil Doer said:

some of you want to risk an entire stadium tour on steven adler being clean and reliable????  whether he can play all the songs or not, i wouldn't trust the guy as far as i could throw him.  frank is reliable and does a good job.  

How are we exactly risking an 'entire stadium tour'? Just draft in Sorum if he screws up.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I've never heard Adler sound like a 'shit show' ever. Plenty of groove and beat certainly but never 'shit show'. I have however heard a few performances matching that description from Frank.

Well, we've never been privy to any Civil War out takes have we? Again, he sounds ok on AFD songs that he's played everyday for years.

Again, I'm an old timer who loves the OG5. But Adler nutters really have to consider the reality of things. Unless you just want to relive AFD over n over n over again...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Unless you just want to relive AFD over n over n over again...

Tell that to Axl, Slash, Duff and Steven.

What have they been doing since 1985? They are playing AFD songs over n over n over again...

2 minutes ago, Evil Doer said:

sorum is a fucking ass-clown.  i'd much rather have frank.  the current lineup has great chemistry and they're putting on killer shows......why mess with something that's working.

I prefer Sorum over Frank.

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Well, we've never been privy to any Civil War out takes have we? Again, he sounds ok on AFD songs that he's played everyday for years.

Again, I'm an old timer who loves the OG5. But Adler nutters really have to consider the reality of things. Unless you just want to relive AFD over n over n over again...

...because the whole thing about Civil War is a bunch of absolute bollocks. There are rehearsal sessions (Mates) from just a few weeks earlier in which he sounds fantastic, much better than Sorum on those same tracks. He sounded great at farm Aid in front of billions of people, which took place during the recording of Civil War!

Once you realise that Guns N' Roses lie, and lie quite a lot, things begin to look more simple. 

And Adler does not just sound 'ok' on Appetite. He sounds bloody brilliant. One of the greatest drum performances to a rock n' roll record ever. Charlie Watts would doff his hat to the groove on that album.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

...because the whole thing about Civil War is a bunch of absolute bollocks. There are rehearsal sessions (Mates) from just a few weeks earlier in which he sounds fantastic, much better than Sorum on those same tracks. He sounded great at farm Aid in front of billions of people, which took place during the recording of Civil War!

Once you realise that Guns N' Roses lie, and lie quite a lot, things begin to look more simple. 

And Adler does not just sound 'ok' on Appetite. He sounds bloody brilliant. One of the greatest drum performances to a rock n' roll record ever. Charlie Watts would doff his hat to the groove on that album.

I meant he sounds ok on AFD YouTube videos playing to instrumentals these days. Totally agree his drumming on the album is some of the best ever done in the hard rock genre. Live at the Ritz- he steals the show.

Then 25 years of the perils of rock n roll decadance happened. It hit him the hardest with the strokes. It's awesome he's still here and playing with Guns again. But come on. There's no way he can be the main man anymore.

Edited by Fitha_whiskey
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Have we actually gone from complaining that Axl conspired against Slash and Duff to complaining that Axl, Slash and Duff conspired against Adler? 

They claimed he was fired because he was a drug addicted train wreck. He spent 25 years proving to be a drug addicted train wreck. I don't see what's not adding up there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Well its time to have a sex change then?

I still don't get this? Slash has a gf, Duff has a wife, Fortus is also married, Frank also has a gf, Steven is married too, then all these models for Axl? 

What have these models done to get free tickets? 

Some of us here are hardcore GNR fans, we deserve to get free tickets, there are so many fans who save for months, travel from different countries just to see the band. 

What is so "Cool" about these models? Just send them directly to Axl's hotel room? 

Or actually to OUR hotel rooms ! Now that would be the best reward for being a "hardcore" fan, huh ;)

• Like 2