08/19/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium

RussTCB

13 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Have we actually gone from complaining that Axl conspired against Slash and Duff to complaining that Axl, Slash and Duff conspired against Adler? 

They claimed he was fired because he was a drug addicted train wreck. He spent 25 years proving to be a drug addicted train wreck. I don't see what's not adding up there.

I cannot speak for anyone else but I personally believe, when a bunch of drug addicts sack a person for being, you guessed it, a drug addict, there are serious questions to be asked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot speak for anyone else but I personally believe, when a bunch of drug addicts sack a person for being, you guessed it, a drug addict, there are serious questions to be asked.

There is such a thing as functioning drug addicts. I think Slash/Duff/Izzy fell into this category. Steven just took it a bit further and wasn't able to function as well as the others. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

more that Slash running naked through a resort seeing little devils.

The sacking of Adler was gross hypocrisy.

Not really. Slash could still play the songs at the time. Steven couldn't.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Or if a bunch of drug addicts sack someone because HIS drug addiction is out of control, it must be pretty bad.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Evil Doer said:

the current lineup has great chemistry 

except, they don't.

yes, Slash plays brilliant. Yes, duff is still "the man", yes Axl is smiling and singing well.

... then Steven comes up and the band morphs into a menacing beast. Steven looks like he wants to infuse some fucking life into these old hags with beer bellies (while looking as slim as a tree) and is just a bedazzling sight to see on stage.

the chemistry with Steven is in a league of its own.

it's ok with frank, yes. but its the equivalent of elvis in his vegas years, singing for old ladies sipping their tea while discussing their new hairdresser

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Axl never seemed to be fond of the drug use within the band but to Slash and Duff the line was being able to perform. Adler's addiction got to the point where he wasn't able to perform in the eyes of the people who were actually in the band. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slash still went onstage and the in the studio and went Godzilla on the world... Duff still could deliver a kick ass performance. There's no way (imo) they had something against Steven personally, so it must have been performance based. Do you think he's possibly a better drummer currently after all he's been thru than he was then?

The guest appearances are awesome. But GnRs drummer is now and has been for a while Frank. And he fuckin kills it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Axl never seemed to be fond of the drug use within the band but to Slash and Duff the line was being able to perform. Adler's addiction got to the point where he wasn't able to perform in the eyes of the people who were actually in the band. 

Axl had his own mental issues though.

well documented and admitted by himself.

so you got a bunch of addicts and a bipolar paranoid making judgment. Yep, that seems legit...

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Slash still went onstage and the in the studio and went Godzilla on the world... Duff still could deliver a kick ass performance. There's no way (imo) they had something against Steven personally, so it must have been performance based. Do you think he's possibly a better drummer currently after all he's been thru than he was then?

The guest appearances are awesome. But GnRs drummer is now and has been for a while Frank. And he fuckin kills it.

Thank you! Adler's problems aren't that far behind him and they've been recurring over the last 25 years. He couldn't get through a Loaded tour without going off on a bender. He's just too much of a risk to have this comeback relying on him. 

2 minutes ago, action said:

Axl had his own mental issues though.

well documented and admitted by himself.

so you got a bunch of addicts and a bipolar paranoid making judgment. Yep, that seems legit...

Again, it was about the music and the performance. They all had their issues but Adler's got to the point he wasn't able to pull his weight. I don't know why it's such a debate, the people that were in the band with him, playing with him, trying to record with him, felt he wasn't getting the job done because of his addictions, and then he spent 25 years showing that those addictions were pretty serious. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Thank you! Adler's problems aren't that far behind him and they've been recurring over the last 25 years. He couldn't get through a Loaded tour without going off on a bender. He's just too much of a risk to have this comeback relying on him. 

To be fair, it would be easy enough for them to call in Frank or Matt if Adler went off the rails and became a liability. Other thing is with the amount of money they are pulling in, they could take a big chunk of his share and use it on babysitters to keep an eye on him. 

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

To be fair, it would be easy enough for them to call in Frank or Matt if Adler went off the rails and became a liability. Other thing is with the amount of money they are pulling in, they could take a big chunk of his share and use it on babysitters to keep an eye on him. 

They could, but, why go through all of that when you can just use Frank, who's going to show up and play at a level the band is happy with without the risks and safely nets that come with Adler? And even if they were prepared for it, an Adler relapse/meltdown would put a black eye on a comeback that's been nothing but positive so far. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

I agree with this, I don't like it, but agree.  But I wonder why Matt couldn't have been the drummer and let Steve do a few.  Matt still has Cred with me because of the UYI stuff.  I basically could be Frank, not saying he is a bad drummer, but I play too

Axl has issues with Matt. Matt has said a lot of things about him over the years, starting from when he was still in the band. Steven has said things too, and all of them have said and done things to each other, but the difference is that Matt wasn't an original member, he wasn't "family", he was a hired hand. For Axl Matt is at the same category as any New Guns member, if not lower, considering that Frank has been in the band for years and Axl likes him more as a drummer and as a person. This is why Matt wasn't even asked. I think Frank is doing fine, he seems to be a nice guy and Slash and Duff seem to get along very well with him.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

In reply to a few replies,

I've never seen any evidence of a GN'R performance being affected by Adler's drug abuse - neither Farm Aid (at the time of his sacking thus at the alleged pinnacle of his drug abuse) nor the last shows of the Appetite era throw forth such evidence. I have however seen plenty evidence of a GN'R performance being affected by Axl's eccentricities.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DIST said:

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/08/20/guns-n-roses-concert-models-invites/

If you're hot you get to see GnR v.3

For FREE. 

Lucky models! They were being invited to the concert (and the after-party) JUST FOR BEING HOTTIES :blink:

wow! I feel sad for Susan, Meegan, Sasha and the rest of the wifes/gf of these guys.

Edited by Juliette

25 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

They could, but, why go through all of that when you can just use Frank, who's going to show up and play at a level the band is happy with without the risks and safely nets that come with Adler? And even if they were prepared for it, an Adler relapse/meltdown would put a black eye on a comeback that's been nothing but positive so far. 

I should take you as a neutral judge considering your Adler picture?

38 minutes ago, maxpax said:

Lets hope Steven will do the whole show...with special apperances of Frank on CD songs.. Steven is so important for a positive vibe...

I used to think that too, but after attending the Dallas and Houston shows, I was completely converted. The positive vibe is there regardless.

19 hours ago, Reclamation Project said:

Just said it while introducing the band.

"If you're not Fortus, you're against us!"

"Mr Duff McKagan!"

"Mr Dizzy fucking Reed!"

"Representing New York, Frank Ferrer!"

"The badass, Melissa Reese."

"And... Slash!"

Sorry but he didn´t say that. He said: "On my left: Miss Melissa Reese" 

:lol: