Use Your Illusion 25th Anniversary Re-Release, Will It Happen And What Bonus Tracks Would You Want To See?

On 5/6/2016 at 4:03 PM, Gracii Guns said:

Sorry to rain on the parade but Use Your Illusion won't benefit from more songs. :ph34r:

Sorry to rain on your parade but its always great to have more GNR music

Specially from an era where the band was still almost intact (only Steven missing) and everything they did just sounded fucking great

For a special 25th anniversary issue of the Illusion albums, theres so much that can be released

They could for example make a mammoth DVD box set containing like 15 DVDS

= 1 DVD - PERFECT CRIME documentary

= 2 DVDS - THE PERFECT EXTRAS - including full song recordings of EACH AND EVERY live performances that is shown (but not on its entirety) on the PERFECT CRIME documentary

= 3 DVDS - ILLUSIONS ON FILM - THE TRILOGY YOU WERE NOT EXPECTING - We all know that the 1991 warm up gigs (Warfield, Pantages and The Ritz) were gloriously shot on film. Its very likely that someone was smart enough to also record the audio of those shows in professional quality. Just put A + B and you get GNR at the top of their game in glorious fucking film quality like we have never seen before (well, we actually have seen a bit of that on the You Could be Mine video and it loks terrific -- this treasure must be released)

= 1 DVD - YOU ARE THE FIRST - the complete full recording of GNR first "official" live show from the Illusion Tour from 05.24.91 - Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI (anyone that has seen the recording of Mr Brownstone that was aired on MTV from this concert will agree with the release of it)

= 1 DVD - STUCK IN THE CROWD - the complete full recording of GNR show on 07.16.91 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA. According to GNROnTour, Axl said during the show that this was the best indoor crowd he's ever seen. That must have given the band (or at least Axl) some extra edge on this particular night.

= 1 DVD - SUCH A LONG, LONG TIME - the complete full recording of GNR longest show ever from 08.03.91 - Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA

= 1 DVD = EUROTRAIN - the complete full recording of one of the shows from the European leg of the 1991 Illusion tour

= 1 DVD = HERE IS IZZY - the complete full recording of the first Izzy comeback show from 05.22.93 - Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel

= 1 DVD = GIVE ME A KISS BEFORE YOU TELL ME GOODBYE = the complete full recording of the last Izzy comeback show from 05.30.93 - National Bowl, Milton Keynes, England including guest performances by Mike Monroe and Ronnie Wood

= 1 DVD - THE ROBERT TAPES - a collection of the Robert John recordings from the Illusion Tour (including travel, backstage, rehearsals, jams, Axl playing piano and singing at hotels, parties etc etc etc) presented/narrated chronologically by Robert Johnson himself. Optional audio commentary with Robert talking (even more) over the scenes with his personal memories.  

= 1 DVD - SHUT UP ROBERT! - a collection of full (or as full as possible) performances recorded by Robert John during rehearsals, sound checks, jams, practice and recording sessions during the Illusion Tour. No talk, just songs!

= 1 DVD - JOINING THE ILLUSION - the complete recordings of all guest performances during the Illusion Tour including

- the complete Jeff Beck / Aerosmith (Lenny Kravitz?) soundcheck/rehearsals/jams from Paris 1992 

- the Shannon Hoon guest performances from the 1991 warm up gigs, Great Western Forum 1991, Madison Square Garden 1991, Rosemont (Chicago) 1992, Indianapolis 1992, 

- the Sebastian Bach guest performances from Toronto 1991, Saratoga Springs 1991 and Great Western Forum 1991

- the GNR (and related) performances from the 1992 Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert

- the Brian May guest performances on Tie Your Mother Down and We Will Rock You from Wembley 1992 and also from Paris 1993

- the Ronnie Wood guest performance from Tokyo 1993

- the Ronnie Wood and Mike Monroe guest performances from Milton Keynes 1993

===

There is so much more stuff that has been recorded on audio only.

I could do a list of stuff that id love to listen to but i got no time now. One example would be this...

= 2 CDs - STRIP YOUR ILLUSION (THE RAW MIX) - we all have heard Slash talk about having a raw mix of the Illusion albums on his car before the actual release of the albums and how much raw and great it sounds and how much he prefered that raw mix over the actual mix of the albums. Someone (maybe Slash himself) surely has this RAW MIX somewhere, so it should be easy to release it.

• Like 3

Please no remasters. Sometimes the tracks sound better, sometimes worst so you just end up confused about something you liked a certain way. 

I'd rather see an Anthology of all the unreleased demos, out takes, live tracks, b-sides, rarities etc.  just compiled on a double CD. 

A new record would be better idea. 

• Like 1

All of us are hungry!!!!!!  We want to see the gold, the raw, the youth.... the anger, the crazyness of our band!!!!

So many years wating for some shit.... i dont want to see all this when some GnR member dies PLEASE!!!

12 hours ago, wasted said:

Please no remasters. Sometimes the tracks sound better, sometimes worst so you just end up confused about something you liked a certain way. 

I usually feel teh same way when classic albums are remastered. In this case though, I think they could make really good albums great. If they did it right of course... which is a big if..

On 06/05/2016 at 0:10 AM, EvH said:

No one in their right mind wants a remaster.

But I 'd kill for a bonus disc of instrumentals.

What you mean you don't want to hear UYI with a whopping brick wall master done to it to remove all the dynamics?

Possibly it might be interesting to go back and re-mix it from the original tapes as the sounds sometimes a bit top endy on UYI but please god not a modern master.

I think it be more interesting to tart up the Rumbo tapes or something.

On zaterdag 7 mei 2016 at 10:58 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Just delete KOHD because that version is horrid.. They did such a cool version of that song prior to that.. Too bad they couldn't have captured the spirit of the Ritz version in the studio.

At least the guitars were in tune on UYI ...