Your favorite GN'R gig of all time?

3 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

Oh man, there's too many... Rio 91, Chicago 92, Paris 92, Ritz 88...

But the one i wanted to see in glorious proshot footage is that Munich 93 from the Estranged video...

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been wondering for years where could I find that show... It is probably the best looking and sounding shows GnR has ever played... and probably locked somewhere in Axl's vault... Anyone got any info on that?

My favorite are the Ritz 88, Tokyo 92, Nassau Coliseum (my first ever concert and the first time GNR was late),  and the first MSG night in 1991, which I attended.  The April 1st show has to be up there now. I can't wait to put July 23, 2016 MetLife Stadium on this list! 

Well if we are rating shows we personally attended I would not rate either of the two Newcastle shows I've attended very highly! The first one (2006) Rose buggered off as someone threw a penny at him. The second one was alright - I suppose - that is, if you ignore the Ashba hogan ears, multiple solos/covers and sense of cheesiness. It was an alright show. Fortus did a lot of Townsend impressions. I cannot really overly praise it but cannot criticise it either. It was simply a typical show of that era, a bit Vegasy and hammy, handlebar moustaches and all. 3/5. The first show started at c.11:30 and everyone was pissed off by that stage.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Troubadour '86

Ritz 88

Indiana '91

St. Louis '91

Paris '92

Pretty much any show from '93

Rio '01

Pretty much any show from '06

Dublin '10

Bridge School '12 (for the lulz)

The last NuGNR show in '14

Troubadour '16 (don't fuckin care if I haven't seen half of it, it still kicks ass)

Pretty much any show so far from '16

Edited by AslatIE

On dinsdag 17 mei 2016 at 3:19 PM, tsinindy said:

Ummmm, he was very negative in 92.  Went on a huge rant about Tyson being incarcerated here, I recall a comment about the police here being Nazis or something to that effect.  He was generally a dick the whole night to be honest.

So I'd say he was on fairly on par with night 1 in 91.

When you compare your  hometown to a concentration camp, I'd say it's hard to be more negative.  Mike Tyson never killed anyone ... I think :P