GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

16 hours ago, Andy14 said:

That's what I understood as well, but I'm not a native speaker :nervous:. And it definitelly is Axl. You're a chairman and don't recognize him? Shame on you :max::max:

Yeah yeah, shame on me, I know. I'm aware Axl doesn't always speak with that deep voice, but it still doesnt really sound like him to me. But if you all say so, then who am I to argue :P

7 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Really? :huh:

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

About the relationship between Axl and Slash? There wasn't one? I doubt that, because in the beginning, there defenetly was one. They crashed together at the same place, Axl lived with him for a while. And we can tell from the interaction (Slaxl) onstage. Later, also while preparing UYI, they both admitted they saw each other less and only talked on the phone. But so was the rest of the band.

He was talking about Axl and Slash's relationship during the UYI days. Which I would agree didn't really exist. Even Slash said that he did everything to avoid being around Axl during these days and Doug Goldstein and the likes did everything to keep Axl from Slash.

Obviously Slash and Axl had a weirdly close and intense relationship before that (as has been established in this thread numerous times). Where are all these posts with all these quotes about them loving each other and sleeping in the same bed when you need them lol.

Got some more stuff to comment on later, but work is calling...

• Like 4

Apologies for carrying over the angst from the rumoured concert dates thread but ... Anyone who's concerned about Europe dates next year, take heart from Axl in 88/89 - "I hope we can do it right for Europe" - let's hope he still feels the same way!! (BTW how sweet is Axl here - relaxed and in a good mood :wub:)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@money honey Check the rumoured concert thread @Rickodez just kindly posted proof they're coming to Europe this year. 

There is no doubt they will come to Europe. The question is when? And why they seem to be giving priority to U.S. and Canada when they have already perfomed in Toronto and many U.S. cities? Even the up coming shows in Mexico are a head scratcher for me. They just performed in Mexico last April. I think Mexico could wait another year or two. They should've added another show in Brazil, Argentina or Chile. And finish the tour in Costa Rica.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Padme said:

There is no doubt they will come to Europe. The question is when? And why they seem to be giving priority to U.S. and Canada when they have already perfomed in Toronto and many U.S. cities? Even the up coming shows in Mexico are a head scratcher for me. They just performed in Mexico last April. I think Mexico could wait another year or two. They should've added another show in Brazil, Argentina or Chile. And finish the tour in Costa Rica.

If you think about it, they kind of did the same thing during UYI. They were on tour for so long that they went to some places twice while never going to some. During that time they also spent a good amount of time in South America....Argentina, Chile and the like so the Mexico dates don't surprise me. On the other hand, they will be close to finishing up the tour in February while in Australia (which I am really hoping to get tickets to)

31 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

If you think about it, they kind of did the same thing during UYI. They were on tour for so long that they went to some places twice while never going to some. During that time they also spent a good amount of time in South America....Argentina, Chile and the like so the Mexico dates don't surprise me. On the other hand, they will be close to finishing up the tour in February while in Australia (which I am really hoping to get tickets to)

During the UYI they tour Europe a lot more, late 91 and early/mid 93. They finished in Argentina but they came from Europe directly to end the tour there. They are not ending the tour in Mexico since there are more shows next year.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

I know, it's very frustrating as a European fan because I wonder if they're only going to play in major cities now and not a full scale leg of the tour. I wonder, with the time frame they will have, if they're planning on doing similar places as ACDC did on their last European leg, about 12 shows I think, and that's it. It would be interesting to know who is booking the dates, because they definitely do not make sense. 

Canada deserves more shows, though. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I know, it's very frustrating as a European fan because I wonder if they're only going to play in major cities now and not a full scale leg of the tour. I wonder, with the time frame they will have, if they're planning on doing similar places as ACDC did on their last European leg, about 12 shows I think, and that's it. It would be interesting to know who is booking the dates, because they definitely do not make sense. 

Sure the U.S. and Canada deserve more shows, but after Europe and at the moment it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm adding some corrections and info. They played Europe in 91 (few shows but better than nothing)  a lot of shows in 92 and some in 93. That's 3 legs mixing with North America and the Australasia. South America was just one leg and the last 2 shows in Argentina

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_Your_Illusion_Tour

Edited by Padme

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wouldn't mind if they did EXACTLY the same places as Axl did with ACDC :smiley-confused2:

But I really hope they will spend quite some time in Europe, I'd be really pissed off if they left out majority of it. They just can't cut Europe considering all those places they're touring (Asia, Oceania, USA again :max:, etc.) 

:nervous:

Axl thinking of European fans:

insta11.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

I wouldn't mind if they did EXACTLY the same places as Axl did with ACDC :smiley-confused2:

But I really hope they will spend quite some time in Europe, I'd be really pissed off if they left out majority of it. They just can't cut Europe considering all those places they're touring (Asia, Oceania, USA again :max:, etc.) 

:nervous:

Axl thinking of European fans:

insta11.gif

Axl thinking of Indonesian Fans :max::max::max::max:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Padme said:

Sure the U.S. and Canada deserve more shows, but after Europe and at the moment it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm adding some corrections and info. They played Europe in 91 (few shows but better than nothing)  a lot of shows in 92 and some in 93. That's 3 legs mixing with North America and the Australasia. South America was just one leg and the last 2 shows in Argentina

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_Your_Illusion_Tour

To be fair, I think they would've played Europe by now had Axl not gone to sing for AC/DC. That's an extra 22 shows to factor in, plus rest time he would need. I do totally see where you are coming from though. I just think the whole AC/DC thing had a ripple effect on GnR plans. 

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

To be fair, I think they would've played Europe by now had Axl not gone to sing for AC/DC. That's an extra 22 shows to factor in, plus rest time he would need. I do totally see where you are coming from though. I just think the whole AC/DC thing had a ripple effect on GnR plans. 

I totally agree. The very limited amount of rest time back then was a huge factor in the amount of vocal troubles Axl was having back then...not to mention the rest of the band spiraling down into their addictions.

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I really want a them to tour Europe soon but if that was pushed back due to Axl/DC then I have no complaints there. I went to the Manchester show and it was fuckin badass!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

I really want a them to tour Europe soon but if that was pushed back due to Axl/DC then I have no complaints there. I went to the Manchester show and it was fuckin badass!

I went to that show too, it was unreal! 

I do think adding the AC/DC shows to the schedule meant GnR couldn't tour Europe that summer. At least it's 22 shows GnR could've done somewhere themselves. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I totally agree. The very limited amount of rest time back then was a huge factor in the amount of vocal troubles Axl was having back then...not to mention the rest of the band spiraling down into their addictions.

31 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Keep in mind AXL/DC also tour the U.S. right after the GN'R tour. So I don't think the AXL/DC is a good reason. In fact is adding more fuel to the fire if GN'R comes back to do another the U.S. tour in April while pushing Europe further ahead

31 minutes ago, Padme said:

Keep in mind AXL/DC also tour the U.S. right after the GN'R tour. So I don't think the AXL/DC is a good reason. In fact is adding more fuel to the fire if GN'R comes back to do another the U.S. tour in April while pushing Europe further ahead

Well, somewhere a leg of the tour got chopped to fit in AC/DC. I was trying to find a logical reason for it all, rather than they just like America better than us. :lol: :P

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Because he went to Axls and Axl admitted he saw him on the security camera and didn't answer the door! 

It was long time ago right?  Not recently. Tht Duzzy story I think it was when They make Duff's EP

Edited by SerenityScorp

17 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

It was long time ago right?  Not recently. Tht Duzzy story I think it was when They make Duff's EP

Well why don't none of the guys do that for Izzy? Does Axl get in the car and go to Izzy's? Does Slash? I said it in your other thread, I think Izzy reaches out to the others much more than they do to him. 

They're always leaving poor Izzy out :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well why don't none of the guys do that for Izzy? Does Axl get in the car and go to Izzy's? Does Slash? I said it in your other thread, I think Izzy reaches out to the others much more than they do to him. 

They're always leaving poor Izzy out :( 

Because They didnt know where's Izzy even though They want to meet Him :max: