GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

Just now, janrichmond said:

Happy Valentine's Day everyone ♥️♥️♥️

Same to you :heart:

11 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Well... when I put "old and new IG pics" on my latest pic post, I was referring to the last pic taken at ANZ stadium. I did not think many had seen it yet. But seriously who cares how many times certain pics are posted? Some peeps may have seen them and others not so much...I am sorry but this kind of statement saddens me. We are all here because of one common interest! :) I appreciate all the girls who post pics, old and new...I can look at them a million times, they will never get old! Keep posting those pics girls. :headbang:

Well said :D

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Well... when I put "old and new IG pics" on my latest pic post, I was referring to the last pic taken at ANZ stadium. I did not think many had seen it yet. But seriously who cares how many times certain pics are posted? Some peeps may have seen them and others not so much...I am sorry but this kind of statement saddens me. We are all here because of one common interest! :) I appreciate all the girls who post pics, old and new...I can look at them a million times, they will never get old! Keep posting those pics girls. :headbang:

Yeah, see, this is exactly what I'm talking about when I said there were arguments. :P Everything gets taken out of context. I don't divide between old users and new, I divide between old thread and new. And I don't blame anyone here for that, I follow the thread and know most of you guys are cool and not some ignorant wannabe posers, it's just that this place is so huge (and naturally overflowing with stuff) that so many things get repeated over and over again... And for someone who's been around since the beginning, I get bored of the same old pictures, for example, so I was simply explaining why I don't comment here often. Still, I wasn't talking about you and mean no harm. :hug: You post great things. I was speaking generally. But I'm right about the out of context thing. ;)

And I guess I should tag @Rocketqueen76 and @BlueJean Baby too, since I want to make it clear I'm not trying to create "camps" or whatever. Anyway, there's nothing I hate more than useless arguments, so just disregard what I said and take no offense since I meant none. Please? :lol:

• Like 3

Just now, nonok said:

Yeah, see, this is exactly what I'm talking about when I said there were arguments. :P Everything gets taken out of context. I don't divide between old users and new, I divide between old thread and new. And I don't blame anyone here for that, I follow the thread and know most of you guys are cool and not some ignorant wannabe posers, it's just that this place is so huge (and naturally overflowing with stuff) that so many things get repeated over and over again... And for someone who's been around since the beginning, I get bored of the same old pictures, for example, so I was simply explaining why I don't comment here often. Still, I wasn't talking about you and mean no harm. :hug: You post great things. I was speaking generally. But I'm right about the out of context thing. ;)

And I guess I should tag @Rocketqueen76 and @BlueJean Baby too, since I want to make it clear I'm not trying to create "camps" or whatever. Anyway, there's nothing I hate more than useless arguments, so just disregard what I said and take no offense since I meant none. Please? :lol:

Agreed no point to it at all. Can't everyone just coexist, after all we are all here because of our love for GNR...:smiley-confused2:

Happy Valentine's Day to Everyone! :wub:

8 minutes ago, nonok said:

Of course of course! I truly appreciate what you said, so thank-you lots! :) 

6 minutes ago, nonok said:

Amen.

2 hours ago, nonok said:

Occasionally coming back here to see pictures that have been posted 100 times before with captions "found these new pics" is kind of...weird, I guess? As always, only @Lumikki delivers, sorry girls. :lol: She, as @killuridols put it, brought the light back to this thread (or something in that regard) - this place is really parallel to Guns' 87-93 era. There really should be a masterpost or navigation for the thread and all its topics, media etc. At this point I doubt anyone has the time or patience to bother, though. :shrugs:

Hi, great to see you back! (at least for a couple minutes) :P

Not only most pictures have been posted to death.... Now they are PHOTOSHOPPING Axl and other GN'R members to make it look like there's some bromance going on :facepalm:

Back in the days of the original women of this thread, we would never do such pathetic thing. We found the meanings in REAL pics and even though sometimes it was "forced", a lot of pics that were never seen before we got to discover and that was cool.

Having to photoshop a GN'R member onto another it is just pathetic and disrespectful and that's not how we used to have fun here :thumbsdown:

I'm sorry the Index never happened :(

It was a project of some of us here but truth is no one ever put on the effort to index the first pages and this thread grew so fast and so big that I really doubt someone will do it but now but we could have some sort of "warning" or "advice" text in the first page of the thread that sort of guides people until what page it is worth to read, lol :lol:

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Yiss. There was a time when we were about to do it but the thread was only about 300 pages long, now it's just one big jungle where I'm completely lost :nervous:. Yesterday I was thinking of our deep conversations :ph34r: about our countries and cultures, it was really cool :wub:

Yeah and the so-called Women's party to be held in Europe, of which I wasn't part and I was always left out :rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, nonok said:

Yeah, I remember those conversations, that was really the golden age of the Women's Thread. We were all so hyper. :lol::heart: Right now it seems like there isn't much going on and old info is getting recycled with new arguments and I don't really want to get involved unless there's a nice and pleasant discussion here.

As for me, I've been really busy (some minor health & family issues too), plus what I mentioned above, plus you and a lot of other Golden Originals (yes I just invented that and I TM it :P) are also not around much (with no offense meant to anyone, of course, we have a great gang of women over here, it's just that the rarest and juiciest stuff tends to come from the OGs) so I only comment when there's something noteworthy happening. Or if something pisses me off, like those boneheaded notions that Slash should be replaced. :lol:

Anyway, I'm sure that during the 30th AFD Anniversary show there will be plenty for us to dissect and for you to turn into the usual masterpieces. ;)

I think there's still the same kind of info that we had before (not much, really) but the people who are good to read into it are not around anymore or not giving a shit about it :P

Most of us, originals, have become rather busy and not being able to keep up with the thread adds up to getting "lost" when you're back, especially when the thread goes so fast and most of it is spam, one liner replies and jokes that take up lots of pages.

My absence started in December and it has to do with lots of personal problems, new comminments, new responsabilities and one general boredom from the shows (which are now almost all the same) but also with being discouraged by some comments that made me realize I was not surrounded by the same people anymore and that the whole vibe of the thread had changed, decreasing in quality of debates and increasing in nonsense, spam and waste of bandwidth.

So I guess the apolyptic lines of Axl have become true: "nothing lasts forever, even cold november rain"

:shrugs:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nonok said:

I can dig it. :hug:

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

Go ahead, bring back the spirit of the thread that's been lost for so long. :thumbsup:

more like "the last 100 pages" :lol:

18 hours ago, killuridols said:
18 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Why are you saying that?  What has changed ? What spirit is missing? Everyone else here seems happy enough:shrugs:

I know you're looking for trouble but I've got this one for you :kiss:

2 hours ago, nonok said:

Occasionally coming back here to see pictures that have been posted 100 times before with captions "found these new pics" is kind of...weird, I guess? As always, only @Lumikki delivers, sorry girls. :lol: She, as @killuridols put it, brought the light back to this thread (or something in that regard) - this place is really parallel to Guns' 87-93 era. There really should be a masterpost or navigation for the thread and all its topics, media etc. At this point I doubt anyone has the time or patience to bother, though. :shrugs:

1 hour ago, nonok said:

Yeah, I remember those conversations, that was really the golden age of the Women's Thread. We were all so hyper. :lol::heart: Right now it seems like there isn't much going on and old info is getting recycled with new arguments and I don't really want to get involved unless there's a nice and pleasant discussion here.

As for me, I've been really busy (some minor health & family issues too), plus what I mentioned above, plus you and a lot of other Golden Originals (yes I just invented that and I TM it :P) are also not around much (with no offense meant to anyone, of course, we have a great gang of women over here, it's just that the rarest and juiciest stuff tends to come from the OGs) so I only comment when there's something noteworthy happening. Or if something pisses me off, like those boneheaded notions that Slash should be replaced. :lol:

Anyway, I'm sure that during the 30th AFD Anniversary show there will be plenty for us to dissect and for you to turn into the usual masterpieces. ;)

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think there's still the same kind of info that we had before (not much, really) but the people who are good to read into it are not around anymore or not giving a shit about it :P

Most of us, originals, have become rather busy and not being able to keep up with the thread adds up to getting "lost" when you're back, especially when the thread goes so fast and most of it is spam, one liner replies and jokes that take up lots of pages.

My absence started in December and it has to do with lots of personal problems, new comminments, new responsabilities and one general boredom from the shows (which are now almost all the same) but also with being discouraged by some comments that made me realize I was not surrounded by the same people anymore and that the whole vibe of the thread had changed, decreasing in quality of debates and increasing in nonsense, spam and waste of bandwidth.

So I guess the apolyptic lines of Axl have become true: "nothing lasts forever, even cold november rain"

Yeah, I think the problem is that there are too many people posting here now and the effects of it make some people unhappy. I do like having new people here, but without stepping on anyone's toes, I feel that the thread was better in the past (with less people) as well.

The thing is, in the past, when people started to drift into off-topic discussion for a bit, it didn't derail the thread too much (or they were interesting in itself). But now, with so many people here, the thread becomes an unreadable, cluttered mess.

It moves too fast now (I can't even keep up with it at times) and it's hard to have and follow along with discussions because there's so much damn pointless chit-chat in between.

Don't get me wrong, it just happens sometimes and I'm not excluding myself there (I've engaged in plenty of random chatting as well), but technically speaking this thread is for GNR related discussion (which is why it is in the Jungle section and not in Anything Goes for example), so discussing where you buy your bras, your childhood, your love life, that you're out of likes, Indonesian politics or whatever is completely off-topic and uninteresting for most other people here and derails the thread.

Suggestions on how to deal with this:

- Didn't we use to have a "no off-topic" rule? Can we please stick to that a bit more closely again?

- Make sure your posts contains more than just "I agree", "Out of likes" etc. These kinds of posts just spam the thread and clutter it up.

- If you want to reply to more than one person, do it in one post instead of making multiple posts (> multi-quote function).

- Using the thread search function. You can search this thread specifically for certain key words and it will usually lead you to see if something has been discussed before.

- I can't think of a solution about the pictures issue. Unfortunately we're not all on the same level of "GNR knowledge" (man, that sounds douchey), some people just don't know which topics have been discussed before and which pictures have been posted a million times. You can search the thread for certain topics, but with pictures... I guess a good rule of thumb is that if a picture is old and can be found all over the Internet, Instagram etc. it has probably been posted a million times before.

- If you can or have time, read some older parts of the thread and you'll get a better idea of what has been discussed and posted before a lot and what hasn't.

- Maybe it might also be a good idea to make a new thread specifically for chit chat that isn't strictly GNR-related? If there is a need for that, people could just take all their personal discussions and random thoughts there.

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

Oh. Kinda like Sasha :lol:

but now does it have a new meaning?

I thought it meant girls who are into the latest fashion and function as trendsetters you have to follow if you want to be "in", lol.

The term "It Girl" still describes useless socialites of the Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, etc. type. People who are famous without having done anything they deserve to be famous for.

The current It Girls are people like Bella and Gigi Hadid or these younger Kardashians that I can't be bothered to learn the names of. Or so TV tells me at least.

I agree with you and @MillionsOfSpiders that it's kind of hilarious that Lucy, Grace, Mae etc. like to present themselves as It Girls, because they're definitely not there yet. The average Joe has no clue who they are.

But if Mae really is friends with Bella Hadid for example (as someone pointed out), they might actually be on the way of becoming It Girls for real. I don't give a shit about any of this and yet I still somehow know who the Hadid sisters and the Kardashians are, so I figure they must be really famous on some level.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not only most pictures have been posted to death.... Now they are PHOTOSHOPPING Axl and other GN'R members to make it look like there's some bromance going on :facepalm:

Back in the days of the original women of this thread, we would never do such pathetic thing. We found the meanings in REAL pics and even though sometimes it was "forced", a lot of pics that were never seen before we got to discover and that was cool.

Having to photoshop a GN'R member onto another it is just pathetic and disrespectful and that's not how we used to have fun here :thumbsdown:

It was a project of some of us here but truth is no one ever put on the effort to index the first pages and this thread grew so fast and so big that I really doubt someone will do it but now but we could have some sort of "warning" or "advice" text in the first page of the thread that sort of guides people until what page it is worth to read, lol :lol:

Yeah and the so-called Women's party to be held in Europe, of which I wasn't part and I was always left out :rofl-lol:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: see @nonok this is how the arguments get started in the first place.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Happy Valentine's Day everyone ♥️♥️♥️

Same to you :) 

My husband is away in India for work again, we've been together for 16 years so I suppose I shouldn't be bothered about a day that doesn't really mean anything but I'm really missing him today. 

Haha I'm derailing the thread now ;-) 

oh well. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: see @nonok this is how the arguments get started in the first place.

Actually it was ALWAYS YOU the one who's after me and other people, waiting like behind a bush for when you can jump in and bite a neck.

This has been your attitude ever since you popped up here and continue to do so.

You probably  get all  :dance:when you see me online and rub your hands just of thinking how you're going to find the way to pick on me.

It was you the first and only person in this whole thread that one day told me I was trying to outsmart people and tried to SHAME ME just for having superior education.

This is how you are one of the main contributors of the decline and deterioration of this thread.

Stay away from me and refrain from talking to me.

You and I have nothing in common.

Edited by killuridols

I just have one more comment to make, if some of you older posters didn't want the thread to get so large, why not just lock it in the beginning so that your circle wasn't disrupted? I don't get it? This is supposed to be fun. I understand wanting to maintain some sort of integrity for the thread, but if we can't joke and have a good time what's the point? :shrugs: And calling some here pathetic is completely out of line. I'm not trying to start trouble or any arguements, but I just think everyone's feelings need to be taken into consideration.

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Actually it was ALWAYS YOU the one who's after me and other people, waiting like behind a bush for when you can jump in and bite a neck.

This has been your attitude ever since you popped up here and continue to do so.

You probably  get all  :dance:when you see me online and rub your hands just of thinking how you're going to find the way to pick on me.

It was you the first and only person in this whole thread that one day told me I was trying to outsmart people and tried to SHAME ME just for having superior education.

This is how you are one of the main contributors of the decline and deterioration of this thread.

Stay away from me and refrain from talking to me.

You and I have nothing in common.

Child please....you aren't even a blip on my radar. And who have I gone after? No one that's who

Edited by Rocketqueen76
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That's a lie... I invited you and @Andy14 to stay at my place, as an attempt for the party to be held in Portugal and we could chat about Axl's ass and all that, but the plan was aborted as Andy forgot to make the invitations and TB forbade Axl to attend, that's the only reason why it's not happening :ph34r::P  We're gonna have a party though, I'm hopefull. It's going to be in Malibu...I just can't think of a place there where we can all stay :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think this thread has run it's course, that's why those horrible manips keep popping up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

First of all, I'm sorry for any personal troubles you're having and I hope everything works out ok. :heart:

With that said, you have to realize that comments like this are discouraging to those of us that are new to the thread. I understand that it might be boring to see the same topics brought up time and time again but I for one bring them up because I wasn't around when they were originally being discussed. I've read every page in this thread and was interested in discussing some of the things you guys have said. But every time I or any of the other newcomers try to start a discussion the "woe is me. I miss the OG's comments start." You can't talk about wanting intelligent discussions on the board and then discourage anyone that tries to start one. 

I don't think I recall a recent topic brought to debate where I have said such thing. Point me out to it because I don't remember. I really do not recall any kind of debate or interesting discussion on X topic going on in the last weeks so I don't know what you're talking about.

People who are good at debate and have a great GN'R knowledge do not need encouragement from anyone because they are the ones who bring in the topics to the table and that's how a debate develops. If you know about what other people are talking about you will give your input and continue to debate with whomever wants to do it. I really don't see how this is going to be my fault. This is flawed logic.

19 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I just have one more comment to make, if some of you older posters didn't want the thread to get so large, why not just lock it in the beginning so that your circle wasn't disrupted? I don't get it? This is supposed to be fun. I understand wanting to maintain some sort of integrity for the thread, but if we can't joke and have a good time what's the point? :shrugs: And calling some here pathetic is completely out of line. I'm not trying to start trouble or any arguements, but I just think everyone's feelings need to be taken into consideration.

You can't lock a thread or ban certain people from entering as far as I know, it's a free message board :lol:

And no one says you can't joke or have fun. There has always been plenty of fun and joking going on in this thread ever since it was created. The problem is that things aren't a lot of fun anymore for quite a few people with the way things are going now. Which is understandable to me, because I don't care to scroll through endless pages of users having personal conversations or pointless posts like "I agree lol" or "Out of likes again!" either.

If you read through the first 300 (400?) pages or it usually worked like this: a topic or two were discussed for multiple pages (meaning days at a time) and it was structured and continous. Now it's an interesting post here, tons and tons of boring spam, an interesting post there, spam spam spam, etc. It's a mess basically and that's what's frustrating.

13 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I think this thread has run it's course, that's why those horrible manips keep popping up.

I don't think a thread like this can run its course, because new things to discuss will keep popping up until this band completely dies. And even then some people will probably still want to specualte about or talk about various topics.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

@Frey Out of likes. :rofl-lol:

It does seem douchy, yeah, but it's understandable it happens. 650 pages, damn. I'd rather never go on mygnr again than be forced to read all that (though to be fair I've read about 550 of them, so...) Life lessons from the Internet - something that was awesome to you once might not be as awesome anymore, even if it's still awesome to others. Also, thank you, lord Chairman, sir, for always having brilliant problem-solving ideas. :lol: Your suggestions are great, imo, and should be taken into consideration.

30 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Nah, that's just @killuridols and her firey South American self speaking, she's just really strongly opinionated and unapologetic. You guys shouldn't start fights over it. I obviously have my own opinion that's much stronger than I let on, but I've never liked taking sides over here because I'm here to talk about Guns, not to make adversaries.

42 minutes ago, killuridols said:

And it's great that you've been around more lately, too. :heart:

Now actually to be fair, I remember quite a few photoshopped Slaxl pictures from even before the thread was created that just started floating around here afterwards. The cringe of Photoshop has always been looming around, unfortunately. I hate photoshopped pics - simply because they aren't real. :max:

Anyway, it's not your fault the index never happened, or anyone else's, for that matter. It's just impossible to do it, this thread is bigger than Axl's ass hats. I guess the first 150 to 200 pages are the really golden ones (unless someone is more interested in the latest news, which would be on the last pages).

I absolutely relate to the part about not having time, having more responsibilities and especially the staleness of the shows. I have some faith for the future of the band, of course, but there's really not much to talk about right now and most discussions are dull, so in order not to be tempted by the dark side and start complaining, I opt to just stay away from mygnr - it's always been a mess of a forum, if we're being honest. I was a lurker for years before I made an account because of the reunion and it was the same shit before, too.

As for the people, debates etc. - well, I think it's just the natural flow of events (or lack thereof), the boredom and the vastness of the thread that lead to this (and by this I don't mean "bad, awful people" like someone might take it, I just mean the recycled and dull stuff), not the people. For the most part. Would be divine if @Lumikki was here, though, not gonna lie (hope she doesn't get mad I'm dragging her into this). :lol:

Edit: Fuck, this place moves so fast even my latest comment is behind. :( I'd encourage you guys not to fight, but we all know how that's gonna go, so, by all means, duke it off if it pleases you. :lol:

Edited by nonok
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, killuridols said:

and @Frey we also talked about putting some of the pics on the first page of the thread, remember? Those of "baby axl", "axl's parents", etc. I'm aware that - without a closer knowledge - it may be confusing since these pics regularly pop up on IG. 

It would be good if there was a function that enables you to view all pictures posted in the thread, it would make it easier to browse... :ph34r:

46 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not true :max:. You know you were invited as the cherry on top, jumping out of the cake and eating your idol at the end of the party :rofl-lol:

15 minutes ago, dgnr said:

That's a lie... I invited you and @Andy14 to stay at my place, as an attempt for the party to be held in Portugal and we could chat about Axl's ass and all that, but the plan was aborted as Andy forgot to make the invitations and TB forbade Axl to attend, that's the only reason why it's not happening :ph34r::P  We're gonna have a party though, I'm hopefull. It's going to be in Malibu...I just can't think of a place there where we can all stay :smiley-confused2:

We still have 5 months to go lol. Enough time to ask Axl out :rofl-lol:. We can meet somewhere in the middle of Europe....let's say.....Prague :ph34r:.....

Yiss, Malibu, I know a place there :ph34r: but we would be allowed in only as cleaning ladies and servants :rofl-lol:  

btw. @nonok any plans of going to one of the European shows? 

Edited by Andy14

7 minutes ago, Frey said:

I don't think a thread like this can run its course, because new things to discuss will keep popping up until this band completely dies. And even then some people will probably still want to specualte about or talk about various topics.

As of lately, it seems like it but let me rephrase: it's been very slow news days. 

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

It would be good if there was a function that enables you to view all pictures posted in the thread, it would make it easier to browse... :ph34r:

Indeed it would. Where are the CS people around here? (hides diploma) :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

btw. @nonok any plans of going to one of the European shows? 

Not at this point, unfortunately. Because, well, fuck Eastern Europe, right. :lol: I'd love to be able to go, but I'm saving up for other gigs as well and frankly, traveling across half the continent for the Hybrid lineup isn't worth it, however good the show is. I guess I'll wait for the AFD lineup to see them. In their rocking chairs. Dressed up as Mouseketeers with Axl being Mickey.