GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

Awwww - so many awesome fotos of all our boys, thanks @Lumikki @Hejanne @marlingrl03! What a beautiful way to start valentine's day :wub:

Whatever happend to the The Axl in little shorts appreciation thread? Where is it?

Should we discuss the little shorts? I mean, guys! It made him look sexy af, but there are also the overall culture-political consequences to think of. Those little shorts showing off - well - everything. Because. Grunge? You simply cannot defeat grunge with your dong silhouette. :P

Where were they coming from, anyway? What did the other GnR members say about them? Why did Izzy not intervene style-wise? So many questions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Clash :rofl-lol:

16753887_10206431999117935_1536927629_n.

At least they didn't spell it as Stash :confused:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I thought "it girls" were a 90s thing, they were the posh ladettes. 

They snorted coke and drank champagne instead of drinking pints of lager and taking Es. 

Basically, no one liked them. 

Never heard this term in the 90's. I thought it was something from now, lol.

What is it, anyway? What does IT mean?

Being the nerd I am, I thought it was related to Information Techonologies :rofl-lol:

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

At least they didn't spell it as Stash :confused:

Never heard this term in the 90's. I thought it was something from now, lol.

What is it, anyway? What does IT mean?

Being the nerd I am, I thought it was related to Information Techonologies :rofl-lol:

Its a term that was used a lot in the UK, in the 90s, mainly to describe socialites.

There was a lot of middle - upper class celeb wannabes who would hang around the places where famous people go, and get smashed off their tits and somehow get famous for it. 

Aspiring models and the like, the ones that fall by the wayside. They dont have real jobs, or talent, yet everyone knows who they are. 

They were the original it girls. 

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Its a term that was used a lot in the UK, in the 90s, mainly to describe socialites.

There was a lot of middle - upper class celeb wannabes who would hang around the places where famous people go, and get smashed off their tits and somehow get famous for it. 

Aspiring models and the like, the ones that fall by the wayside. They dont have real jobs, or talent, yet everyone knows who they are. 

They were the original it girls. 

Oh. Kinda like Sasha :lol:

but now does it have a new meaning?

I thought it meant girls who are into the latest fashion and function as trendsetters you have to follow if you want to be "in", lol.

I just remember Paris Hilton (:vomit:) and Lindsay Lohan being the "it' girls back in the day. Basically I think it's just girls that are popular on the party scene. I think nowadays the Jenners and Hadids would be the "it" girls. Not sure how it applies to Grace or Lucy though. Grace has her "band" so there's that I guess.:shrugs:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

Oh. Kinda like Sasha :lol:

but now does it have a new meaning?

I thought it meant girls who are into the latest fashion and function as trendsetters you have to follow if you want to be "in", lol.

Yes, just like Sasha :lol:

I suppose it could have a new meaning, especially in LA, but really if I were them, I wouldn't want to be labelled an "it girl" 

I don't in any way think that Grace or the other one are on the level of an it girl. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, just like Sasha :lol:

I suppose it could have a new meaning, especially in LA, but really if I were them, I wouldn't want to be labelled an "it girl" 

I don't in any way think that Grace or the other one are on the level of an it girl.

Hmm yeah, especially when it comes to fashion, I don't think they are trendsetting anything.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I just remember Paris Hilton (:vomit:) and Lindsay Lohan being the "it' girls back in the day. Basically I think it's just girls that are popular on the party scene. I think nowadays the Jenners and Hadids would be the "it" girls. Not sure how it applies to Grace or Lucy though. Grace has her "band" so there's that I guess.:shrugs:

I think they use the term "girl squad" :facepalm: and it seems they take turns dating date Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Harry Styles, and a Jonas brother.   Mae would probably fit in best in this group as she is going the modeling route, and  she gave an interview a while ago where she said that she loves when Bella Hadid likes her Instagram pictures  

It seems like Meegan's girls fit in very well with Slash and his family as I often see Slash's Dad praising them on social media and a while ago one of the girls made reference to a drawing done by her "little stepbrother". I thought she meant from her Dad's side of the family, but maybe she meant Cash or London. 

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Those are good examples. The ones in the UK were society girls, Tara Palmer Tomkinson (rip) Tamara Beckwith, Lady Victoria Harvey, Sophie Anderton they were the type of 90s socialites that were always referred to as "it girls" they were everywhere, normally out of their skulls. 

You're meant to want to be them, but really, who would want to? 

Sophie Anderson admits to sleeping with men for money to pay for drugs :vomit: 

Wouldnt want to be that. 

7 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I think they use the term "girl squad" :facepalm: and it seems they take turns dating date Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Harry Styles, and a Jonas brother.   Mae would probably fit in best in this group as she is going the modeling route, and  she gave an interview a while ago where she said that she loves when Bella Hadid likes her Instagram pictures  

It seems like Meegan's girls fit in very well with Slash and his family as I often see Slash's Dad praising them on social media and a while ago one of the girls made reference to a drawing done by her "little stepbrother". I thought she meant from her Dad's side of the family, but maybe she meant Cash or London. 

I could see Mae being a successful model. She's completely gorgeous and definitely gives off that model vibe. It's actually pretty cute that all of the GNR kids get along so well. Lucy and Grace. Meegan's girls and Slash's boys. It's like one big GNR family.

But I do wonder if that's why Axl sticks to himself so much on the tour and why we don't see him out to dinner with Slash & Duff. Axl has said many times that he always wanted a family so I cant imagine it's easy for him to see Slash & Duff's family while all he has is TB. :(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Awwww - so many awesome fotos of all our boys, thanks @Lumikki @Hejanne @marlingrl03! What a beautiful way to start valentine's day :wub:

Whatever happend to the The Axl in little shorts appreciation thread? Where is it?

Should we discuss the little shorts? I mean, guys! It made him look sexy af, but there are also the overall culture-political consequences to think of. Those little shorts showing off - well - everything. Because. Grunge? You simply cannot defeat grunge with your dong silhouette. :P

Where were they coming from, anyway? What did the other GnR members say about them? Why did Izzy not intervene style-wise? So many questions.

Well, if we are going to discuss the biker shorts, then we're going have to look at pictures too :P

Seriously though, the sight of Axl in those biker shorts could make people uncomfortable and so it was another reason for parents (or people in general) to hate it because it was a very sexual, in your face, kind of thing.   Especially from a man (not a woman for a change) and for the first time you were seeing it in your living room every day on MTV.  I remember my Mom would buy me the new music magazines when they came out.  However, she thought the biker shorts were too "risqué" so she would put stickers over Axl's crotch before she gave me the mags. I had like 30 posters with happy faces covering his Mr Happy.

Also, as a scrawny kid who couldn't get laid in high school, I am sure the biker shorts were a bit ego driven as well.  

• Like 2