DUFF ON RADIO IN 20 MINUTES...HOW TO LISTEN?

2 minutes ago, oaka said:

he says Axl was magical, he was kicking the boot, he has never seen him play, he energised the band, he was awesome

(he sais sth about having sushi but I ddin't get if he was ith Axl)

he said he and Slash wanted to surprise Axl in London!

You can't put your arms around a memory!!

Wow, that's cool. I stopped listening to the interview 30 minutes ago...dammit

I really want to know how Axl felt about Duff and Slash in London, he must have been thrilled :dance:

Btw. It's still difficult to see the "Slash wanted to surprise Axl" in a positive way haha

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

owwwwww so cuteee! 'Slash and I went to London to surprise Axl...it was magical' :wub:

Adorable. Love that they surprised him. :wub:

Also, is it just me or has his singing gotten better? Sounds better than what I remember.

• Like 1

So the conclusion is that this whole thing was lame, this dude gets to Interview Duff and all he asks is stupid stuff, it would be better if they let a GNR fan interview them.

Thanks @oaka and others for listening to this and writing about it on here.

20 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So the conclusion is that this whole thing was lame, this dude gets to Interview Duff and all he asks is stupid stuff, it would be better if they let a GNR fan interview them.

You're welcome! ☺

26 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I really want to know how Axl felt about Duff and Slash in London, he must have been thrilled :dance:

Btw. It's still difficult to see the "Slash wanted to surprise Axl" in a positive way haha

Axl mentioned something in the China Exchange interview but the asshole host cut him off, as usual! :anger:

26 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Adorable. Love that they surprised him. :wub:

Also, is it just me or has his singing gotten better? Sounds better than what I remember.

Awww yes, now I understand why they didn't want to say anything about it!

Remember when that guy said he saw Duff in London and Duff "didn't know" where Axl was staying? He was faking it :lol:

Yeah, Duff's singing got really good! I've noticed and I wish he would sing that song in full on the GNR shows. Song is really beautiful.

• Like 1

I mentioned this in the women's thread, but it hasn't been posted here yet: At the very end of the show Duff also talked about Axl breaking his foot:

He said Axl didn't complain once, but after the the show he told them "I think I broke my foot." That's just so... Axl. :lol: But Duff said he thinks everything happens for a reason, and he thinks that whole Axl breaking his foot episode brought them together even closer.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Axl mentioned something in the China Exchange interview but the asshole host cut him off, as usual! :anger:

Remember when that guy said he saw Duff in London and Duff "didn't know" where Axl was staying? He was faking it :lol:

Yeah, Duff's singing got really good! I've noticed and I wish he would sing that song in full on the GNR shows. Song is really beautiful.

Yes, I remember, I thought about that as well! Sweet boys :heart:

And yeah, I thought it sounded better than on the Spaghetti incident.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

When did he mention their surprise? What time?

Can't remember that part.

Edited by ChildOfTheMoon

6 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

When did he mention their surprise? What time?

Can't remember that part.

I'm not sure he said "surprise" but he mentioned them visiting him when he said they were getting along again. He was answering some guy's question and added that by the end of the answer but then host switched to another person so it stopped there.

I would have to watch it again to be able to point the exact minute when this happens.

24 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm not sure he said "surprise" but he mentioned them visiting him when he said they were getting along again. He was answering some guy's question and added that by the end of the answer but then host switched to another person so it stopped there.

I would have to watch it again to be able to point the exact minute when this happens.

Thanks!

The interviewer is pretty annoying. I'll take a look again.

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

It wasn't really an interview, mostly friends chatting about music and other stuff. I like listening to Duff talking about music. His account of the Seattle and LA music scenes in the early 80s from his punk rooted point of view was for me one of the most interesting parts in his book.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, oaka said:

he says Axl was magical, he was kicking the boot, he has never seen him play, he energised the band, he was awesome

(he said sth about having sushi but I didn't get if he was with Axl)

he said he and Slash wanted to surprise Axl in London!

You can't put your arms around a memory!!

That's awesome....thanks for posting this!