The estimated net worths of Axl, Slash and the others for 2015 is:

• Axl: $150 Million
  • Slash: 32
  • Izzy: 28
  • Duff: 20
  • Steven: 15
  • Dizzy: 15
  • Matt Sorum: 10

Those numbers can be found at many sites, but how much credible do you think they are (i.e. I don't think they take into account Slash's divorce)?

According to this, Axl has amount a net worth equal to the sum of all the others' in the list plus $30 million.

If that's true, can it be justified by his owning of the Guns N' Roses brand name?

I would expect Slash and Duff to be much closer to Axl since they own rights and are in the 'partnership'.

I think Duff's should be higher. He's made some wise business decisions over the years (investing into Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon etc for example before they got big), he has his own wealth management company, no recent divorces...

So I really don't see why Duff should be ranked lower than Izzy.

I also don't see why Axl's net worth should be that much higher than the others. Higher, sure, but if you consider the amount of money it must cost him to support his gigantic entourage and all the staff he has hired for his house, plus his love for expensive jewelry, designer crap, etc and the insane financial decisions he has made in the past... 

Slash on the other hand has been ridiculously prolific over all these years and has marketed the shit out of himself and doesn't spend much. But then again Perla did just take him to the cleaners...

I think these numbers don't represent their actual wealth, but the estimated value of each one's intangible assets (brand name, publishing rights, royalties) that are related to GnR, without taking into account other projects or business activities (solo work, investments etc). For example, if Axl decided to sell the band name and his publishing rights, it is estimated (by who?) that its worth would be $150 million.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Frey said:

I think Duff's should be higher. He's made some wise business decisions over the years (investing into Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon etc for example before they got big), he has his own wealth management company, no recent divorces...

So I really don't see why Duff should be ranked lower than Izzy.

I also don't see why Axl's net worth should be that much higher than the others. Higher, sure, but if you consider the amount of money it must cost him to support his gigantic entourage and all the staff he has hired for his house, plus his love for expensive jewelry, designer crap, etc and the insane financial decisions he has made in the past... 

Slash on the other hand has been ridiculously prolific over all these years and has marketed the shit out of himself and doesn't spend much. But then again Perla did just take him to the cleaners...

As far as Axl goes, expensive jewelry, at least is counted as part of net worth.  It is an asset that he could sell.  It does seem strange that he would have so much more wealth than Duff and Slash.  If they were equal partners back in the day, they were all there through GNR's biggest success.  The three of them (plus Izzy) seem to have writing credit on pretty much everything through UYI I & II.

I can't imagine Axl earned THAT much on CD and touring with NuGuns.  It could be as simple as making one lucky stock pick like if he invested millions of dollars in Apple before it took off.

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

Wasn't Dizzy asking for money to put her daughter through college or that was just a lie?

There is no way Dizzy is worth that much, he couldn't even afford the HOF dinner for his family. Not knocking the guy. 

These are just made up ones, maybe its what they earned over the years, you just can't keep all the money, ofcourse they spent that money on various things.

At the moment Dizzy can't be worth that much, he couldn't even afford the tuition for his daughter.

Duff is worth way more than Izzy.

I guess Steven might be worth that much cause a few years ago he bought an awesome house for himself, its good he saved and bought it rather than spending on drugs. 

Matt Sorrum is worth way more than Dizzy. 

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

These are just made up ones, maybe its what they earned over the years, you just can't keep all the money, ofcourse they spent that money on various things.

At the moment Dizzy can't be worth that much, he couldn't even afford the tuition for his daughter.

Duff is worth way more than Izzy.

I guess Steven might be worth that much cause a few years ago he bought an awesome house for himself, its good he saved and bought it rather than spending on drugs. 

Matt Sorrum is worth way more than Dizzy. 

Slash has made way more than 32m 

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

Slash has made way more than 32m 

How much he made and how much he is worth are two completely different things.  First of all, especially if they live in California, around half of their income goes to taxes.  Next, everything you buy takes away from your net worth with the exception of real estate (usually), some rare cars and jewelry (if gold and silver prices are going up).

As for Dizzy and Matt.  I don't know how much they get in royalties for performing the songs on UYI but the only pre-Chinese Democracy song either of them have writing credits on is "So Fine" as far as I can tell.

55 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

that;s highly inaccurate.. Axl alone this year is gonna make at least 75 mil $... (45 Gnr shows and 30 ACDC...SO FAR!!)....1mil per show...

This year is like a lottery winning or a jackpot for Axl

GNR and AC/DC Stadium shows.......the amount of money.......man..........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

BS

I agree, even though if you do a quick google search you will see that every site gives the exact same numbers.

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

that;s highly inaccurate.. Axl alone this year is gonna make at least 75 mil $... (45 Gnr shows and 30 ACDC...SO FAR!!)....1mil per show...

Yes, it seems they only count record sales. And some of the record sales numbers they use seem inaccurate too.

"Chinese Democracy with Guns N' Roses (6.5 million copies sold worldwide)" 

Slash:

EARNINGS 2014 N/A
Record Sales 2014

Estimated earnings from his album World on Fire (42,000 copies sold in the U.S. and 5,300 copies sold in Canada)

$50,000
EARNINGS 2012 N/A
Record Sales 2012

Estimated earnings from his album Apocalyptic Love (certified gold by RMNZ and 100,000 copies sold in the U.S.)

$110,000
EARNINGS 2010 N/A
Record Sales 2010

Estimated earnings from his album Slash (certified platinum by ARIA, Music Canada, RMNZ, gold by BPI and 160,000 copies sold in the U.S.)

$450,000
Record Sales 2010

Estimated earnings from his live album Live in Manchester (350 copies sold in the show alone with only 1,200 copies made available)

$400
EARNINGS 2007 N/A
Record Sales 2007

Estimated earnings from the album Contraband with Libertad (certified gold by Canada)

$50,000
EARNINGS 2004 N/A
Record Sales 2004

Estimated earnings from the album Contraband with Velvet Revolver (certified 2x platinum by RIAA and Music Canada)

$2,200,000
EARNINGS 1993 N/A
Record Sales 1993

Estimated earnings from the album "The Spaghetti Incident?" with Guns 'n Roses (certified 3x platinum by Music Canada, platinum by RIAA, RIAJ, IFPI-FIN and PROMUSICAE, and gold by BPI and BVMI)

$6,000,000
EARNINGS 1991 N/A
Record Sales 1991

Estimated earnings from the album Use Your Illusion I with Guns 'n Roses (certified 7x platinum by RIAA, 3x platinum by IFPI -FIN, 2x platinum by BVMI and RIAJ, and platinum by BPI and PROMUSICAE)

$19,000,000
Record Sales 1991

Estimated earnings from the album Use Your Illusion II with Guns 'n Roses (certified 9x platinum by Music Canada, 7x platinum by RIAA, 3x platinum by IFPI -FIN, 2x platinum by RIAJ, platinum by BPI and PROMUSICAE, and 5x gold by BVMI)

$20,000,000
EARNINGS 1988 N/A
Record Sales 1988

Estimated earnings from the album G N' R Lies with Guns 'n Roses (certified 5x platinum by RIAA, and gold by BPI, BVMI and RIAJ)

$13,000,000
EARNINGS 1987 N/A
Record Sales 1987

Estimated earnings from the album Appetite for Destruction with Guns 'n Roses (certified diamond by Music Canada, 18x platinum by RIAA, 3x platinum by BPI, platinum by BVMI, IFPI-FIN and RIAJ, and gold by PROMUSICAE)

Axl:

EARNINGS 2008 N/A
Record Sales 2008

Estimated earnings from the album Chinese Democracy with Guns N' Roses (6.5 million copies sold worldwide)

$6,500,000
EARNINGS 2004 N/A
Record Sales 2004

Estimated earnings from the compilation album Greatest Hits with Guns N' Roses (13 million copies sold worldwide)

$13,000,000
EARNINGS 1999 N/A
Record Sales 1999

Estimated earnings from the live album Live Era '87–'93 with Guns N' Roses (certified platinum by Music Canada, and gold by BPI, RIAA and RIAJ)

$800,000
EARNINGS 1998 N/A
Record Sales 1998

Estimated earnings from the compilation album Use Your Illusion with Guns N' Roses (certified platinum by RIAA)

$1,000,000
EARNINGS 1993 N/A
Record Sales 1993

Estimated earnings from the album "The Spaghetti Incident?" with Guns N' Roses (5 million copies sold worldwide)

$5,000,000
EARNINGS 1991 N/A
Record Sales 1991

Estimated earnings from the album Use Your Illusion I with Guns N' Roses (19 million copies sold worldwide)

$19,000,000
Record Sales 1991

Estimated earnings from the album Use Your Illusion II with Guns N' Roses (20 million copies sold worldwide)

$20,000,000
EARNINGS 1988 N/A
Record Sales 1988

Estimated earnings from the album G N' R Lies with Guns N' Roses (11 million copies sold worldwide)

$11,000,000
EARNINGS 1987 N/A
Record Sales 1987

Estimated earnings from the album Appetite for Destruction with Guns N' Roses (30 million copies sold worldwide)

$30,000,000

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

This year is like a lottery winning or a jackpot for Axl

GNR and AC/DC Stadium shows.......the amount of money.......man..........

yeah if they announce the AU and Japan tour and European tour.... Axl will have made around 150 mil $ by the tour's end...whoa...

7 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

How much he made and how much he is worth are two completely different things.  First of all, especially if they live in California, around half of their income goes to taxes.  Next, everything you buy takes away from your net worth with the exception of real estate (usually), some rare cars and jewelry (if gold and silver prices are going up).

As for Dizzy and Matt.  I don't know how much they get in royalties for performing the songs on UYI but the only pre-Chinese Democracy song either of them have writing credits on is "So Fine" as far as I can tell.

i was responding to "maybe its what they earned over the years,"

7 hours ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

I agree, even though if you do a quick google search you will see that every site gives the exact same numbers.

Yes, it seems they only count record sales. And some of the record sales numbers they use seem inaccurate too.

"Chinese Democracy with Guns N' Roses (6.5 million copies sold worldwide)" 

Slash:

EARNINGS 2014 N/A
Record Sales 2014

Estimated earnings from his album World on Fire (42,000 copies sold in the U.S. and 5,300 copies sold in Canada)

$50,000
EARNINGS 2012 N/A
Record Sales 2012

Estimated earnings from his album Apocalyptic Love (certified gold by RMNZ and 100,000 copies sold in the U.S.)

$110,000
EARNINGS 2010 N/A
Record Sales 2010

Estimated earnings from his album Slash (certified platinum by ARIA, Music Canada, RMNZ, gold by BPI and 160,000 copies sold in the U.S.)

$450,000
Record Sales 2010

Estimated earnings from his live album Live in Manchester (350 copies sold in the show alone with only 1,200 copies made available)

$400
EARNINGS 2007 N/A
Record Sales 2007

Estimated earnings from the album Contraband with Libertad (certified gold by Canada)

$50,000
EARNINGS 2004 N/A
Record Sales 2004

Estimated earnings from the album Contraband with Velvet Revolver (certified 2x platinum by RIAA and Music Canada)

$2,200,000
EARNINGS 1993 N/A
Record Sales 1993

Estimated earnings from the album "The Spaghetti Incident?" with Guns 'n Roses (certified 3x platinum by Music Canada, platinum by RIAA, RIAJ, IFPI-FIN and PROMUSICAE, and gold by BPI and BVMI)

$6,000,000
EARNINGS 1991 N/A
Record Sales 1991

Estimated earnings from the album Use Your Illusion I with Guns 'n Roses (certified 7x platinum by RIAA, 3x platinum by IFPI -FIN, 2x platinum by BVMI and RIAJ, and platinum by BPI and PROMUSICAE)

$19,000,000
Record Sales 1991

Estimated earnings from the album Use Your Illusion II with Guns 'n Roses (certified 9x platinum by Music Canada, 7x platinum by RIAA, 3x platinum by IFPI -FIN, 2x platinum by RIAJ, platinum by BPI and PROMUSICAE, and 5x gold by BVMI)

$20,000,000
EARNINGS 1988 N/A
Record Sales 1988

Estimated earnings from the album G N' R Lies with Guns 'n Roses (certified 5x platinum by RIAA, and gold by BPI, BVMI and RIAJ)

$13,000,000
EARNINGS 1987 N/A
Record Sales 1987

Estimated earnings from the album Appetite for Destruction with Guns 'n Roses (certified diamond by Music Canada, 18x platinum by RIAA, 3x platinum by BPI, platinum by BVMI, IFPI-FIN and RIAJ, and gold by PROMUSICAE)

Axl:

EARNINGS 2008 N/A
Record Sales 2008

Estimated earnings from the album Chinese Democracy with Guns N' Roses (6.5 million copies sold worldwide)

$6,500,000
EARNINGS 2004 N/A
Record Sales 2004

Estimated earnings from the compilation album Greatest Hits with Guns N' Roses (13 million copies sold worldwide)

$13,000,000
EARNINGS 1999 N/A
Record Sales 1999

Estimated earnings from the live album Live Era '87–'93 with Guns N' Roses (certified platinum by Music Canada, and gold by BPI, RIAA and RIAJ)

$800,000
EARNINGS 1998 N/A
Record Sales 1998

Estimated earnings from the compilation album Use Your Illusion with Guns N' Roses (certified platinum by RIAA)

$1,000,000
EARNINGS 1993 N/A
Record Sales 1993

Estimated earnings from the album "The Spaghetti Incident?" with Guns N' Roses (5 million copies sold worldwide)

$5,000,000
EARNINGS 1991 N/A
Record Sales 1991

Estimated earnings from the album Use Your Illusion I with Guns N' Roses (19 million copies sold worldwide)

$19,000,000
Record Sales 1991

Estimated earnings from the album Use Your Illusion II with Guns N' Roses (20 million copies sold worldwide)

$20,000,000
EARNINGS 1988 N/A
Record Sales 1988

Estimated earnings from the album G N' R Lies with Guns N' Roses (11 million copies sold worldwide)

$11,000,000
EARNINGS 1987 N/A
Record Sales 1987

Estimated earnings from the album Appetite for Destruction with Guns N' Roses (30 million copies sold worldwide)

$30,000,000

WOW I see why Slash wanted so hard to return to GNR. $$$  haha :lol:

Not too strange. An asset is valued at the cash flow it could generate in the future. The GNR brand name must be an extremely valuable asset. The strangest thing on the list is Dizzy's wealth, I'm thinking there is no way in hell he is even close to as wealthy as anyone else on the list, particularly not Slash and Duff. 

• 2 weeks later...