01/28/17 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

RussTCB

... they aren't choreographed moves. If they are then they either fail at the whole choreographing thing or they are making minor changes constantly. What you are seeing are tendencies they have when playing music.

Sure somethings they may have practiced at some point in their career because they thought it is was cool, but it is doubtful they have choreographed anything with each other.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, AlexisGolnas said:

THat's why some people shouldnt complain all the time.

Shows are for the ones that goes to them, not for us behind a screen.

And some went to see the band last year and decided they will not return for the second leg.

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Situations have clearly changed since then. If Guns N' Roses had been playing a smaller venue with Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba, Tommy Stinson and Pitman tonight, i would have agreed with you. 

Guns N' Roses performed 36 songs at Tokyo Dome with that line-up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

We're only halfway through an international tour and you claim that things aren't changing? How could you possibly know what's going on in the inner working of the band, especially this early? This resurgence probably has the label biting at Guns N' Roses heels for a new album following the tour, and i'm confident it will come now that it would be a guaranteed success, and allow the band to sustain further touring into the future. Axl has already said they are looking at stuff, and there have been rumours about Slash working on some Chinese Democracy songs. We've seen more rumours and activity around this band than we have since Chinese Democracy released.

Idk I wouldn't bet on it. 

• Like 1

Yeah don't expect setlist changes yet. At least nothing drastic. The rest of the world are yet to hear it! Maybe when they return to a country it'll be altered. Like when they do their second North American leg, but until then everywhere they go is a first for the tour. So why should they change it?

They have a few alternate songs that they rotate like; OTGM/Michelle, Sorry/Catcher, Patience/Don't Cry (ugh) and they occasionally throw in Yesterdays and or Used to Love Her. Plus they've played TWAT a couple of times too AND Coma is a staple for the first time ever after only being played a handful of times during the UYI tour and never since until now.

And yes it's been said before but the reunion has attracted thousands of fans who haven't followed the band since the '90s and also newer fans who are maybe only just discovering them so they have to play the hits every night.

It's a clichéd response but as a serial periscoper watching for free every night who are we to complain? The tour is only on it's 3rd proper leg, calm your shit.

4 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

... they aren't choreographed moves. If they are then they either fail at the whole choreographing thing or they are making minor changes constantly. What you are seeing are tendencies they have when playing music.

Sure somethings they may have practiced at some point in their career because they thought it is was cool, but it is doubtful they have choreographed anything with each other.

The only thing I wonder every show is if Axl will run on the outro of Patience or stand still...on PC Axl will go up to the monitors on the walk with one foot on it and sing the intro...then Ef up the whistle blow then he will skip straight backward hop twice then run back to the monitors and sing a chorus then he will skip straight back again hop twice and run towards the monitor singing the next chorus...then repeat

5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Guns N' Roses performed 36 songs at Tokyo Dome with that line-up.

What does that have to do with anything? I'm disagreeing with the assertion that nothing has changed for Axl or Guns N' Roses since 2011, especially with regards to activity and/or new music. If Guns N' Roses was still playing with the last line up, i would have agreed. Since there is an obvious resurgence with the semi-reunited Guns N' Roses, and rumours surrounding new music (with Axl confirming that they are looking at things), i am of the opinion that the situation now is much different to how it would have been if the lineup had remained the same since 2011 and they continued through the motions.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I went back to see if Axl did the same moves when I saw them in 2013 and not only did I confirm that but I'm even more mad that Axl sang PC better in 2013 than he does now. 

this Paradise City sounds awful.. really not enjoyable . Voice is shit. Axl Rose is way better now than 2013

Edited by t-p-d-a

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

The only thing I wonder every show is if Axl will run on the outro of Patience or stand still...on PC Axl will go up to the monitors on the walk with one foot on it and sing the intro...then Ef up the whistle blow then he will skip straight backward hop twice then run back to the monitors and sing a chorus then he will skip straight back again hop twice and run towards the monitor singing the next chorus...then repeat

Uh-huh. And did you complain when he did nearly the exact same moves for jungle from 89-1993.  When your brain is occupied with something else it defaults to certain actions. He may have planned it out once but then ever since then it is just what happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I went back to see if Axl did the same moves when I saw them in 2013 and not only did I confirm that but I'm even more mad that Axl sang PC better in 2013 than he does now. 

You're so bitter that you're actually comparing Axl's entire 2013 voice to his current one based on 1 show? Haha! Go and get fucked you miserable so and so.

14 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

We've seen more rumours and activity around this band than we have since Chinese Democracy released.

You have no real proof they've been working on new stuff. Keep dreaming for now.

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

What does that have to do with anything? I'm disagreeing with the assertion that nothing has changed for Axl or Guns N' Roses since 2011, especially with regards to activity and/or new music. If Guns N' Roses was still playing with the last line up, i would have agreed. Since there is an obvious resurgence with the semi-reunited Guns N' Roses, and rumours surrounding new music (with Axl confirming that they are looking at things), i am of the opinion that the situation now is much different to how it would have been if the lineup remains the same since 2011.

Wrong.

We already knew Axl has been recorded vocals in 2014, working on new stuff (Fortus/Dj) with Pitman and Caram in the studio. CDII was also done. Going Down leaked.

"Looking at things" lol

The situation is not much different than with the last line-up, it's even worse. Back to square one.