01/28/17 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

RussTCB

3 minutes ago, AlexC said:

You're so bitter that you're actually comparing Axl's entire 2013 voice to his current one based on 1 show? Haha! Go and get fucked you miserable so and so.

Please don't make personal attacks, you can argue the point without it.

Also this is a thread for the upcoming show can everyone avoid derailing by going off on a tangent too much.

Thanks 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Uh-huh. And did you complain when he did nearly the exact same moves for jungle from 89-1993.  When your brain is occupied with something else it defaults to certain actions. He may have planned it out once but then ever since then it is just what happens.

Probably right...it just adds to the fact that if you've seen this lineup once then you shouldn't expect something special at your show. You will likely get the same thing someone else saw which is fine, but again I'm trying to convince myself that paying $300 to see these guys again will be worth it. Time will tell 

Just now, Silent Jay said:

You have no real proof they've been working on new stuff. Keep dreaming for now.

Wrong.

We already knew Axl has been recorded vocals in 2014, working on new stuff (Fortus/Dj) with Pitman and Caram in the studio. CDII was also done. Going Down leaked.

"Looking at things" lol

The situation is not much different than with the last line-up, it's even worse. Back to square one.

IncitingChaos said they've been doing the same things since 2011 - Implying that nothing has changed regarding the band's situation, and that they would likely not release new material. I disagreed with that, so what exactly are you disagreeing with me on when you are saying they were active? I think they are just as likely to release material under this lineup, especially now that there is a resurgence of interest in the band.

Sure, material was recorded during the Chinese Democracy era, no doubt, but we also know things have been working on the creative front while the band has been touring during the NITL tour. Richard said they have been coming up with things on the road. Things have clearly changed, especially with the internal mechanics of the band.

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

:D

Keep digging man.

Last I checked Axl was a wreck and sounded quite horrendous during PC

I'm convinced you're just trolling now. Axl is far more consistent, and probably sounds the best since he has since 2010. Some would even argue that he is hitting the notes with more clarity now that he was then as well...

2 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

thats why I like Axl now. He is very motivated. Way more enjoyable than '11 - '14

strong moments today

We will be back to 11-14 when we have to count Axl's rasp in segments...like someone will post a video and say "listen to 2:26-2:28...that rasp!" 

2016 is all around much better I think we all agree...but with that said these tickets aren't getting cheaper. The band needs to play to their price of admission, so I think it's fair for expectations to be higher. 

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm convinced you're just trolling now. Axl is far more consistent, and probably sounds the best since he has since 2010. Some would even argue that he is hitting the notes with more clarity now that he was then as well...

Again we can't go back to this...do you know how long people said "well he's singing clean but it's a much fuller clean than normal...not weak at all" we are not going back there!!! Paradise city is weak we all know it, there is no defending it and comparing it to 2010 is an insult that shouldn't be taken lightly. 

But don't take that as he's weak on everything. Axl is quite good on a majority of the songs but the big hits he seems to miss on. 

Im excited to see NR from tonight though. It sounded great

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

We will be back to 11-14 when we have to count Axl's rasp in segments...like someone will post a video and say "listen to 2:26-2:28...that rasp!" 

2016 is all around much better I think we all agree...but with that said these tickets aren't getting cheaper. The band needs to play to their price of admission, so I think it's fair for expectations to be higher. 

Honestly, most people who are going to these concerts are coming out happy. Those who aren't are people who like to scrutinize every detail, who are mostly made up of hardcore fans.

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Honestly, most people who are going to these concerts are coming out happy. Those who aren't are people who like to scrutinize every detail, who are mostly made up of hardcore fans.

Now the disagreement has gone full circle. 

Its fine. I get it, people like me are annoying I'll stop haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Again we can't go back to this...do you know how long people said "well he's singing clean but it's a much fuller clean than normal...not weak at all" we are not going back there!!! Paradise city is weak we all know it, there is no defending it and comparing it to 2010 is an insult that shouldn't be taken lightly. 

But don't take that as he's weak on everything. Axl is quite good on a majority of the songs but the big hits he seems to miss on. 

Im excited to see NR from tonight though. It sounded great

You and Silent Jay may be talking about Paradise City, but i never mentioned the song in my comment. I am talking about general performances. Axl is far more consistent and is hitting the notes far better then he has in the time since 2010. I never compared current Axl to 2010 Axl, other than mentioning that some people believe he performed better overall in 2016 than he did then.

I think Axl performs most songs well, even when he is using the clean voice. Obviously there is the occasional miss, but it is small in the grand scheme of things.

5 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

hey people, I just came on! whats the setlist of today? and how has the show been so far?

Not many scopes early on, Axl sounds decent. Band sounds amazing. I thought NR was excellent. OTGM was a highlight and my stream currently is on nightrain going at 100 mph and so I can't tell if the vocals are weak or Axl is in a hurry to finish the show...(it's my streams fault) 

Also everyone keeps yelling at me Bc I think Axl is in voice conservation mode and they keep telling me to go see a show despite the fact I went to 3 last year...I mean I know I'm critical but I'm still here so I'm just as crazy as everyone else 

Edited by IncitingChaos

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Probably right...it just adds to the fact that if you've seen this lineup once then you shouldn't expect something special at your show. You will likely get the same thing someone else saw which is fine, but again I'm trying to convince myself that paying $300 to see these guys again will be worth it. Time will tell 

I watched all of this tour's Estranges the other day. They weren't all the same.:shrugs: Sure certain lines/parts of the song he/the others will make the same/similar gestures/moves but the enjoyment from the crowd isn't how what motions the band's bodies are doing, but if the band is connecting with the crowd. Even acts who have strict choreographed shows who are actually dancing the exact same dance every show can connect with their fans and make every show they go to an exciting rush.

Whether you go or not is something you definitely have to decide for yourself. Tickets are expensive and if you have to add travel on top of it you definitely need to make sure it is something you want to do. If you don't think that you are going to get that rush when the first chords of the song are played then I personally wouldn't think the cost would be worth it. But then I am poor and have to count my pennies :lol:.