If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

12 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Can't beat the Hag. Had an opportunity to catch him live in Biloxi but a friend and I were having luck at the tables and didn't go. The next day he said, "You know, we should've gone to the show, not sure how many more chances we'll have to see him." How right he was.

I saw him live once in Topeka KS... loved it. Great show. Bought a t-shirt but I misjudged the size of how much a 50 year old me would rock that fucker... now need an xl, that medium went to goodwill a decade ago... was a fuckin great shirt too... but yeah, he and his band were fuckin awesome...

8 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

That's from The Marty Stuart Show, very cool. Some great musicians on that show, including Kenny Vaughn and of course Marty. He has some great guests and Connie Smith is on every show which is awesome.

Hell yeah man! I make my wife watch the Marty Stuart show a lot of Saturday’s... I love Kenny Vaughn... I could’ve/ would’ve wrote this song, if I had any talent... which I definitely do not...

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I always loved mtv back in the mid 80s... my parents loved the Nashville Network... sometimes my mullet wearing self would see what they were watching... of course I was raised on Hee Haw long before that... anyway- 

Hee Haw was a classic. Roy and Buck, The Hager Twins, Archie, Gordie. The whole fucking gang was awesome. I know some people dismiss it as being too corny or country, but the writing on those comedy skits was great. Archie Campbell and Gordie Tapp were geniuses. And of course, the Hee Haw girls.😊

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Very cool. I was watching RFD tv Friday and he was doing Common Man on Country Family Reunion. Roy Clark and Buck Trent did an awesome instrumental of Ghost Riders In The Sky. T. Graham Brown was on there also, I love his gritty voice. He had a song called Wine Into Water that's beautiful. 

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1