I Am Independent

Ace Nova

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I like the way Clint Eastwood says it, just a libertarian who reckons government should just basically stay the fuck out of the populations business.  Sounds fair to me.

That would be true if Eastwood was a true Lbertarian...he was a registered Republican at one point and he supported GOP candidates McCain and then Romney in 2012 and is in favour of gun control.......While he does support many liberal agendas he is not a real Libertarian IMHO..........that being said he does seem to be more liberal than conservative to me based on his beliefs......

Edited by classicrawker

7 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

That would be true if Eastwood was a true Lbertarian...he was a registered Republican at one point and he supported GOP candidates McCain and then Romney in 2012 and is in favour of gun control.......While he does support many liberal agendas he is not a real Libertarian IMHO..........that being said he does seem to be more liberal than conservative to me based on his beliefs......

Yeah i was gonna point out that hes not the best example in terms of his publically stated stances.  Liberal and Libertarian have taken on different contexts in American public life i find.  

12 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Oh no! You're only getting £210,000 how could one possibly cope?! :lol: 

Well its like this when you've worked to earn something, been taxed for it already before you get to it, having started from the ground up and been working all your life to secure a future for your kids...and after all that you're done out of 100k, which then has to get split 3 or 4 ways depending on how many kids you've got, not really fair to my reckoning.

Theres this presumption that anyone who has money got it by some sort of freak luck, well that aint the case, some people work night and day, sacrifice fun and social life, ruin their health to build something out of nothing, pay taxes on it already...and then when you pass on you get robbed, to my reckoning that aint fair.

And then people wonder why all these tax avoidance set ups go on

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Well its like this when you've worked to earn something, been taxed for it already before you get to it, having started from the ground up and been working all your life to secure a future for your kids...and after all that you're done out of 100k, which then has to get split 3 or 4 ways depending on how many kids you've got, not really fair to my reckoning.

Theres this presumption that anyone who has money got it by some sort of freak luck, well that aint the case, some people work night and day, sacrifice fun and social life, ruin their health to build something out of nothing, pay taxes on it already...and then when you pass on you get robbed, to my reckoning that aint fair.

And then people wonder why all these tax avoidance set ups go on

Inheratence taxes should be illegal.  Paying tax on family income that has already been taxed..smh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Inheratence taxes should be illegal.  Paying tax on family income that has already been taxed..smh.

If you're gonna have it surely you can do better than fuckin' 40% thats fucking scandalous.  Having said all that I'd never leave this country to avoid tax or try and get out of paying it.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

They turned bin man into Nazis also, zealously exploring your bin in case you put something glass in the wrong coloured bin or vice versa, leaving little cards on your (uncollected) bin for offenders.

You should try running a business and doing it, not only do you have a fuckin' first 11 of bins but you have to get these special bin bags off the council, at a couple of quid a throw, that you put your muck in.

59 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You should try running a business and doing it, not only do you have a fuckin' first 11 of bins but you have to get these special bin bags off the council, at a couple of quid a throw, that you put your muck in.

My sister moved house recently and she had to buy her own bin. If you get a large amount of rubbish removed, broken furniture etc, you pay extra, for around £25!

So what again are council taxes for?

The only time you ever see a policeman is in a sandwich shop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

My sister moved house recently and she had to buy her own bin. If you get a large amount of rubbish removed, broken furniture etc, you pay extra, for around £25!

So what again are council taxes for?

The only time you ever see a policeman is in a sandwich shop.

Yeah, its like 30 quid a sofa or something, they have this whole rate set up.

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

here it's doughnut shops :lol:

Yes, that is an old cliche, isn't it, American cops and doughnuts (cf. The Simpsons and the cop on Die Hard). Here you'd buy a doughnut from a bakery. I imagine some of ours eat doughnuts also, but here, bacon butties - or as they say in Dazey's neck-of-the-woods, bacon bombs - are the prevalent choice of food for the British bobby, or, if they're feeling really decadent, the Breakfast sandwich which is basically a sandwich with an entire English breakfast stuffed inside! The latter is truly disgusting consisting as it does beans juice congealing with egg yolk and tomato sauce and with bacon and sausages together.

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, that is an old cliche, isn't it, American cops and doughnuts (cf. The Simpsons and the cop on Die Hard). Here you'd buy a doughnut from a bakery. I imagine some of ours eat doughnuts also, but here, bacon butties - or as they say in Dazey's neck-of-the-woods, bacon bombs - are the prevalent choice of food for the British bobby, or, if they're feeling really decadent, the Breakfast sandwich which is basically a sandwich with an entire English breakfast stuffed inside! The latter is truly disgusting consisting as it does beans juice congealing with egg yolk and tomato sauce and with bacon and sausages together.

yes a very big cliche but one i have seen many times! :)

and yes that Breakfast sandwich sounds disgusting :P

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I didn't know about the inheritance tax @Len Cnut So anything over £350,000 is 40 percent?? That's taking the piss! There's not much you can get with £350,000 so MOST people will have to pay that amount??

Or have i just totally misunderstood that:wow:

yeah basically is you inherit anything over that 350 grand 40% of it goes to prop up the Queens tiara, bless her :lol: