I Am Independent

Ace Nova

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

yeah basically is you inherit anything over that 350 grand 40% of it goes to prop up the Queens tiara, bless her :lol:

More like it is channeled into 'parliamentary expenses', i.e. the obligatory second houses and rent boys - the Queen is a fraction of the cost of what the MPs obtain. The disgusting Blair creature, in a fit of pettiness, even mothballed Her Majesty's boat!

Edited by DieselDaisy

Well so long as i can put a smile on someones face...despite wiping the same off anothers for having done so :lol:

Can you imagine the poor rent boy who draws the Keith Vaz straw?  His inner monologue must go 'oh for fuckssake...oh well, another couple of hours of biting my lip and thinking of Brad Pitt I suppose'.

19 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, that is an old cliche, isn't it, American cops and doughnuts (cf. The Simpsons and the cop on Die Hard). Here you'd buy a doughnut from a bakery. I imagine some of ours eat doughnuts also, but here, bacon butties - or as they say in Dazey's neck-of-the-woods, bacon bombs - are the prevalent choice of food for the British bobby, or, if they're feeling really decadent, the Breakfast sandwich which is basically a sandwich with an entire English breakfast stuffed inside! The latter is truly disgusting consisting as it does beans juice congealing with egg yolk and tomato sauce and with bacon and sausages together.

In case anyone was wondering, here's a breakfast sandwich from a van. I skipped the beans.

20160731_103223.thumb.jpg.1e24a36c26c6ff1f645bec46247462a3.jpg

On 11/16/2016 at 11:10 AM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i think there should be a mygnr forum awards show :P best drunk poster, funniest poster, most out there poster, etc etc :lol:

We normally have annual forum awards.  Not sure if they did one last year though.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ah. although i joined in july '14 i didn't post til Jan '16. how do they do them? do we get choices and get to vote?? :D

Yeah someone moderates the thread...there's like 20, sometimes 30 categories... then people are nominated for each category...then people pick from the ones nominated. 

At least that's how it was done certain years...usually changes a little each year, depending on who does it, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Yeah someone moderates the thread...there's like 20, sometimes 30 categories... then people are nominated for each category...then people pick from the ones nominated. 

At least that's how it was done certain years...usually changes a little each year, depending on who does it, etc.

yay! it sounds fun. i can't wait! :D thanks so much..

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yay! it sounds fun. i can't wait! :D thanks so much..

We may want to bring the topic up in the general chat thread...let everyone know there is interest....and then nominate someone to moderate the thread, do the rules, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wasted said:

How much these days?

and a bad cough

They normally retail at around £3.50 but this one is from a van where everything is a pound. It's their gimmick and they've got a big £ on the van.

It's weird cos you can buy what I had in the photo (sausage, bacon, egg and black pudding) for a quid and also get just a sausage sandwich for a quid. Likewise a single hamburger costs the same as a double cheeseburger with bacon.

As you can see they don't skimp on the quality of the ingredients either:lol: 

13 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

They normally retail at around £3.50 but this one is from a van where everything is a pound. It's their gimmick and they've got a big £ on the van.

It's weird cos you can buy what I had in the photo (sausage, bacon, egg and black pudding) for a quid and also get just a sausage sandwich for a quid. Likewise a single hamburger costs the same as a double cheeseburger with bacon.

i guess for a quid you can get 3-4 packs of value bacon. So for a fiver you can make 40 sandwiches. It's probably a stolen van with no engine too. Keep over heads low. Off the grid. No taxes. Living the dream!

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

I'm on the train to Newport as I type this!