Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

9 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

You know, I don't feel like I was ever swayed by any good press on Slash, Axl and Steven. They have shown their true colors plenty of times. Izzy has always been a mystery. But I was completely taken by Duff's "persona." I thought of him as a college educated dude who valued his relationships above hollywood bullshit. I read several things talking about him going back to get his degree and starting a wealth management group to help fellow musicians not get taken by the industry. Turns out he mostly went to internet college, didn't get his degree and his wealth management group (Meridian Rock Capital) never actually got off the ground and was never a thing. The Great Communicator was more than willing to cut Izzy loose and was apparently the one to call Steven and tell him he was out. We know from social media that he certainly values new mansions and private jets and turning his young daughters into instagram-y rockstar/models. He's the most typically money hungry "hollywood" of any of them. I bought into his hype, though. 

Image result for throne of lies

You nailed it, thank you! Tired of these facts being ignored. He is the most duplicitous of the bunch. Nothing worse than a saccharine sweet fuck who will stab others in the back.  

All his social media self promoting and image grooming is juvenile and embarsssing, seems forced. I bet it's really Dizzy shaking those congas at some hot love :rofl-lol:

Internet college :rofl-lol:  

32 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

You know, I don't feel like I was ever swayed by any good press on Slash, Axl and Steven. They have shown their true colors plenty of times. Izzy has always been a mystery. But I was completely taken by Duff's "persona." I thought of him as a college educated dude who valued his relationships above hollywood bullshit. I read several things talking about him going back to get his degree and starting a wealth management group to help fellow musicians not get taken by the industry. Turns out he mostly went to internet college, didn't get his degree and his wealth management group (Meridian Rock Capital) never actually got off the ground and was never a thing. The Great Communicator was more than willing to cut Izzy loose and was apparently the one to call Steven and tell him he was out. We know from social media that he certainly values new mansions and private jets and turning his young daughters into instagram-y rockstar/models. He's the most typically money hungry "hollywood" of any of them. I bought into his hype, though. 

it's not fair trying to degrade izzy's contribution to GNR or to degrade him as a session musician. Ιzzy never gives  a right for anything,only for his work, these statements seems to me provocative and unacceptable but it's ok we know the truth. Izzy is not the classic rock star who doing things only for publicity. Ιt's a pity for duff

Edited by cindy1985

@Tori72 it's true, he took internet classes , some program where you buy a fake degree. He first took courses at Seattle community college which serves students who struggled with high school course work (not knocking them, some actually do the time and go on to real schools). While there, he didn't even take the courses which required one show up. He then 'enrolled' at Seattle U, where no one goes because Seattle and WA state has several real schools. While there, he took more internet classes , something not allowed at real schools. And finally, he never finished his Internet degree. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

2 minutes ago, Pishy said:

@Tori72 it's true, he took internet classes , some program where you buy a fake degree. He first took courses at Seattle community college which serves students who struggled with high school course work (not knocking them, some actually do the time and go on to real schools). While there, he didn't even take the courses which required one show up. He then 'enrolled' at Seattle U, where no one goes because Seattle and WA state has several real schools. While there, he took more internet classes , something not allowed at real schools. And finally, he never finished his Internet degree. 

Thanks for those info. I remember distinctly two interviews in which Duff talks about his teacher / professor who he was checking on his tax / whatever kind of bills on and that made him interested in business studies. Also how he loved the academic world and that he had a thing for old universities like Cambridge and Oxford. I think he said that in that BBC interview... I'm getting more and more annoyed by Duff by the second. What an imposter, what a flake! "How to be a man" my ass! :max: He's not giving you guys a great service on what he defines as man. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks for those info. I remember distinctly two interviews in which Duff talks about his teacher / professor who he was checking on his tax / whatever kind of bills on and that made him interested in business studies. Also how he loved the academic world and that he had a thing for old universities like Cambridge and Oxford. I think he said that in that BBC interview... I'm getting more and more annoyed by Duff by the second. What an imposter, what a flake! "How to be a man" my ass! :max: He's not giving you guys a great service on what he defines as man. 

Wow, he has no shame , academic world? He went to a glorified high school on the internet and didn't even finish when he has every resource and assistance available to him. He didn't even bother to encourage his daughters to go to a basic school and wants to let Cambridge and Oxford out his mouth? The hubris on this guy. 

and what prof checks your taxes? 

Just now, Pishy said:

Wow, he has no shame , academic world? He went to a glorified high school on the internet and didn't even finish when he has every resource and assistance available to him. He didn't even bother to encourage his daughters to go to a basic school and wants to let Cambridge and Oxford out his mouth? The hubris on this guy. 

and what prof checks your taxes? 

Yeah, lol, I always wondered what prof would check any of your bills, don't remember if it was a tax thing or something from GnR. Because the prof found flaws and so on...

I'm not familiar with the American School system. I know there's High School and everybody attends that, right? Then there's college, then university? So what schools were his daughters on? I remember an Instagram post by Susan which said that the younger one (forgot the name) would be taking some classes before she goes back to modelling later in the year. I wonder what that was about?

3 minutes ago, Zoot said:

While I think Duff's behavior is pretty shitty, can we please not have a higher education circle jerk in here?

Some people go to community college because that's all they can afford (among other reasons like; not having child care, working full time, etc.). There's also nothing wrong with online classes at a legitimate college/university. Online classes are very much allowed at "real" schools. Cal State Uni and all California community colleges offer online classes that will be acceptable for a degree. Fuck, even ivy league schools offer online education programs now....

If you don't like Duff, that's fine. But attacking people who are trying to educate themselves (on any level) isn't going to help your argument. Especially when the information you're presenting is incorrect.

personally i don't care if he has finished his college or his education, or the way he raises his children.. this is not my business,ι criticize him about this interview it's dissapointing of him speaking like that

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zoot said:

While I think Duff's behavior is pretty shitty, can we please not have a higher education circle jerk in here?

Some people go to community college because that's all they can afford (among other reasons like; not having child care, working full time, etc.). There's also nothing wrong with online classes at a legitimate college/university. Online classes are very much allowed at "real" schools. Cal State Uni and all California community colleges offer online classes that will be acceptable for a degree. Fuck, even ivy league schools offer online education programs now....

If you don't like Duff, that's fine. But attacking people who are trying to educate themselves (on any level) isn't going to help your argument. Especially when the information you're presenting is incorrect.

I agree and it's great you're pointing that out. I am not familiar with the american school system anyway and couldn't and would not judge on online classes. However someone tries to achieve more education for him or herself is not important. It's great when people can take their chances online! What I judge Duff on is his interviews in which he tries to shine in a totally different light. I couldn't care less about some rockstar's school education. I do judge Duff for happily ignoring Izzy after he played with him over the years and praised his "sober friend". And talking him down in interviews....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I agree and it's great you're pointing that out. I am not familiar with the american school system anyway and couldn't and would not judge on online classes. However someone tries to achieve more education for him or herself is not important. It's great when people can take their chances online! What I judge Duff on is his interviews in which he tries to shine in a totally different light. I couldn't care less about some rockstar's school education. I do judge Duff for happily ignoring Izzy after he played with him over the years and praised his "sober friend". And talking him down in interviews....

I understand and you know I don't like his behavior either. Especially towards Izzy.

I just don't think it's right to poke fun at a nontraditional education path because we're upset with Duff. :shrugs:

-----

On a more positive note, I just realized this thread is almost a year old! :headbang:

giphy.gif

Edited by Zoot

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I heard the interview on the Jericho guy's podcast. It was a typical Duff. He said great things about Izzy but he also made it clear that he didn't wanna talk about him. He is with GnR now and Duff is on Axl's paycheck. He Duff always used to praise Izzy for everything but now that he's back in GnR he rather leaves the Izzy topic untouched or praise everyone. Truth is, those riffs Izzy came up with inspired everybody and they all made great songs out if those riffs and unpolished songs. Somehow after Izzy left that never happend again. Nuff said if you ask me.

That's why I kinda want them to make an album now just to see how it goes, if they can make something close to what they we're able to put out with before when izzy was there which I honestly think they won't be able to, we all know what individually the 3 of them can come up with and none is close to good much less great. And if it's nowhere close to the afd, lies and illusions then everyone will know and truly see the importance and contributions of izzy. 

19 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah, lol, I always wondered what prof would check any of your bills, don't remember if it was a tax thing or something from GnR. Because the prof found flaws and so on...

I'm not familiar with the American School system. I know there's High School and everybody attends that, right? Then there's college, then university? So what schools were his daughters on? I remember an Instagram post by Susan which said that the younger one (forgot the name) would be taking some classes before she goes back to modelling later in the year. I wonder what that was about?

Yes, everyone attends high school . For those that don't do well in high school , or did so poorly they can't get into any uni (or 4 yr college), they can go to a community college, they can prep there and try again to get into a college/uni. Or they can complete a 2 year program in some general studies and get an associate degree. Nothing more is awarded. They can also learn a trade of some sort. So a community college is completely separate, has no requirements to attend and the teachers are not professors, you can have a bs or masters and teach at community colleges. The coursework difficulty is about the same as high school 

The words college and university are sometimes used interchangeably but in this context, people are referring to regular schools where a person aims to earn a bachelors degree after high school. A college is a 4 year school that grants bachelor degrees and nothing more. There are some very good small , private colleges but in general, colleges are not considered to be on the same level as universities. Colleges in general are much easier to get into than uni. With all this said, there are numerous universities and many hsve a very high acceptance rate, not at all difficult to get in. The prestigious unis in the Uas are different and are highly competetive because high school grads from around the world are trying to get in. 

Only 32% of Americans hold a bachelors degree which they brag is a huge improvement from when it was 25%, but keep in mind, the numbers are inflated from the many internet fake degrees being offered now. There are even unis selling degrees in night programs but the students do not apply to the uni, are kept separate and are not taught by professors. Everything is for sale here. There is a guy in NYC , a multi millionaire , who puts phd after his name and sells books advising people on health . He never stepped foot in a class room, all fake. 

I don't know about his daughters but maybe they were referring to her high school work .

38 minutes ago, Zoot said:

I said I'm not knocking people who attend community colleges and said some put in the time and go on to real schools .  

No, Ivy League schools do not allow their students to take online courses, they're not even offered,  unless you are in the 'outreach ' or 'adult' programs in which case you are not attending an Ivy League school because you didn't apply to get in like the other kids. Not a single undergrad course is allowed online nor can be taken outside the institution, in fact you can't get in if you've attended another school, it's directly out of high school or nothing . There are rare exceptions of transferring let's say from Stanford to Columbia . 

If you are referring to grad school , med school , law school, even more strict . 

Edit: That's correct community colleges allow for a lot of online courses . Unis do not.  I never said differently. I said duff took online courses at a community college . Regular universities do not allow this . I'm all for people learning wherever they wish and believe education is a human right and should not cost 100G. But duff claimed to have a uni degree and he does not . Someone else brought it up and I concurred . He lies is the point 

Edited by Pishy
  • Like 1

I think the issue with duff and college is he made it seem that he went in everyday and physically took the classes (I have no issues with online classes I probably would take this route if available in my country during the time I was in college) , he made it sound like he has constant interactions with professors and students. I actually thought his wealth management company is super successful since everyone keeps on pointing to it as a reason why duff doesn't need the monemoney and this is not a cash grab tour. 

I kinda felt a bit eww with duff because of his reality show to be honest, when I saw it on tv my first thought was this guy must be broke. Then when it failed he goes and say he only did it for his wife, really now? But him and his family is just too much on social media. It's like they are angling for another reality show. And the daughter having a cardboard cut out of axl in her room? Its like asking to be talked about.

But his behavior towards izzy really surprised me. Especially after that Jericho interview totally different from what he was saying just a year or so before.

• Like 1

I want to be clear that I think that pursuing education is a worthwhile goal, no matter how you go about it. I also think that a person who truly loves to learn and applies themselves at a community college probably has a greater capacity for knowledge than a rich kid who got into Harvard thanks to some crazy donation from their parents.

That being said, Duff seems to use his education the way Slash uses his top hat. It's just part of the image. If you google Meridian Rock Wealth Management you will find several articles like this. Doesn't mention that he doesn't actually have a degree in business management or financial planning or anything. Talks about him "helping fellow musicians" but how? Who? Meridian Rock doesn't seem to exist. Look at (apparent co-founder and investor) Andy Bottomly's Indeed page- the group isn't even listed. It only seems to exist in order to butter up Duff's smart, compassionate guy image.  

Edited by beautifulanddamned
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, annabanana said:

I think the issue with duff and college is he made it seem that he went in everyday and physically took the classes (I have no issues with online classes I probably would take this route if available in my country during the time I was in college) , he made it sound like he has constant interactions with professors and students. I actually thought his wealth management company is super successful since everyone keeps on pointing to it as a reason why duff doesn't need the monemoney and this is not a cash grab tour. 

THIS. I have nothing against online classes either, but until now I had understood that he did attend to classes in person and had graduated. And that's because he tries to send that message I guess.

• Like 2

Just now, beautifulanddamned said:

I want to be clear that I think that pursuing education is a worthwhile goal, no matter how you go about it. I also think that a person who truely loves to learn and applies themselves at a community collge probably has a greater capacity for knowlede than a rich kid who got into Harvard thanks to some crazy donation from their parents.

That being said, Duff seems to use his education the way Slash uses his top hat. It's just part of the image. If you google Meridian Rock Wealth Management you will find several articles like this. Doesn't mention that he doesn't actually have a degree in business management or financial planning or anything. Talks about him "helping fellow musicians" but how? Who? Meridian Rock doesn't seem to exist. Look at (apparent co-founder and investor) Andy Bottomly's Indeed page- the group isn't even listed. It only seems to exist in order to butter up Duff's smart, compassionate guy image. 

I agree ! No one here was saying differently . I wasn't saying oh my , duff didn't go to Harvard , what a pity! No, he pretended to "love the academic environment", that he was studying and doing something to help musicians not get ripped off. He said he was an accountant and had a business degree. It painted a different picture of him. Why is he lying? 

and in the states , yes , kids with rich parents have all the advantages to get into a better uni as opposed to kids with poor parents that didn't even have heat at home . It's not a coincidence that congress peoole & presidents all attend the ivies. And this can be said about a lot of things , like who ends up being forced into crime, the military or doing time in prison .  At the same time, the public school system is so poor, so remedial , that kids finish not knowing how to read! Many can't finish at all. But it's not so simple as community colleges are for poor people vs ivy for rich . Education itself is denied to Americans . 

@annabanana @Zoot I missed something important here...duff has/had a reality show?  That's so embarsssing, how can Axl be seen in public with him?!  What was it about? Briefly if anyone knows.     

I don't know about a cardboard Axl either but duff probably made it in the garbage and stuck it in his daughter's room to endear himself to Axl. 

Yes, I went overboard in regards to duffs degree lies because I've been disgusted by him. What he did to Izzy and Adler is so treacherous. But he sells himself as this even handed, friendly guy,  like he is some thinker.  I didn't mean to down the courses he took , but why does he have to be such a greedy asshole and kill Adler's dream and pretend Izzy was not important ? He even sat next to Axl in that interview , normalizing it all and playing PR man, he was so transparent . 

26 minutes ago, Tombstoneflavor said:

The only show I know of is "Married to Rock". I watched it when it was on, super boring though. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Married_to_Rock

you can youtube the rest of the episodes 😁 

That's so horrible . I skipped to find duff and oh my god :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Its around 3:00, he is talking about a Justin Bieber concert. And he is telling his wife how older women shouldn't dress like they're in their 20s only that's exactly what his wife does, was he insulting her? She has a great body so looks good in anything but it was a weird comment he made. saw a part with a lady named Etty, another lady with a huge silicone rack and duff's wife, what a weird way to live. He was a founding member ? I thought that was Axl and Izzy then slash and Adler and duff was an add on to fill the slot . The show is worse than I thought . I was hoping it was at least about him showing how he played and toured , still lame . 

Now I know why Axl wants to go to AC/D.C.  

Edited by Pishy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pishy said:

He was a founding member ?

That's the thing with Ned. Even if he can be considered a founding member, he needs to point that because it's not something that naturally comes to mind. People say gnr are not gnr without Slash, without Axl, without Izzy. But you don't see people say it's not gnr without Duff, at least not very often. People say gnr would never have existed without Izzy or Axl. But not without Duff. People say Axl's voice is unique, Slash's guitar playing is unique, Izzy's songwriting is unique. But they don't say Duff's anything is unique. 

He's part of the threeunion but is not celebrated as the others. People talk more about Izzy's absence than Duff's presence. And that is affecting him, IMO. :shrugs:

Edited by kkferro72
  • Like 1