Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

B2E6641E-D0D2-4FD9-A38C-7A91C9F6992D.jpeg

OMG, just caught up on the last pages and laughing my socks off. 

Alas, I have to say I don’t see what you  guys see, I think it’s just right hand holding left hand.

Somebody brave enough to get Marc Cantor to settle this one? 

Hysterical, honestly made my day. My overall impression of that photo every time I see it, why does anyone need to tattoo thier own name on an arm??? 

Edited by Archtop
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

Good afternoon everyone. :P

tumblr_p4pvefOalZ1wsljrxo1_400.jpg

How is Izzy so tiny next to this asian guy. Must be a manip. Weird pic... :lol:

2 hours ago, Archtop said:

OMG, just caught up on the last pages and laughing my socks off. 

Alas, I have to say I don’t see what you  guys see, I think it’s just right hand holding left hand.

Somebody brave enough to get Marc Cantor to settle this one? 

Hysterical, honestly made my day. My overall impression of that photo every time I see it, why does anyone need to tattoo thier own name on an arm??? 

You really can’t see it? Have you read this convo from the start? Did you see all explanations and Kri’s video? Can’t believe you’re not seeing it. lol

• Haha 1

What video?I have read all of the pages 😂 but still think it just an illusion, weird camera angle. Let’s face it, we would know about the incident in some weird interview or biographical recollection by now, if it really is Izzy playing with himself for the camera.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Archtop said:

What video?I have read all of the pages 😂 but still think it just an illusion, weird camera angle. Let’s face it, we would know about the incident in some weird interview or biographical recollection by now, if it really is Izzy playing with himself for the camera.

I admit that confuses me too. :rofl-lol:

Still, here’s @Zoots video... :awesomeface:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Not necessarily. I don't think it would cause that. It was subtle, and remains that way. ;)

• Like 3

Hey girls and guys, in case you missed this. Check.This.Out!! A GNR demo tape. Sounds amazing. :headbang:

It is:

1st generation GNR demo tape written in Izzy's own hand

Izzy GNR demo tape: http://www.troccolitm.com/TapeDemoIzzy.html

Thanks to those same two friends, the files have been converted to digital using the highest care and quality.  Here is a link to the tracks in stereo, 24/96 FLAC:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zoot said:

For those of you that don't venture outside the Izzy thread:

Thanks, love. Hadn’t found that yet :hug: Saw them advertising that episode on twitter a few days ago. Have you listend to it yet? Does it have a lot of Izzy parts in it? Do tell.

Can’t be asked to listen to it for some reasons. Also because I listend to interviews with both mitch and Alan before and I’m not interested in them... If someone cares to listen, please let us know the Izzy parts. :lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

Just now, Tori72 said:

Thanks, love. Hadn’t found that yet :hug: Saw them advertising that episode on twitter a few days ago. Have you listend to it yet? Does it have a lot of Izzy parts in it? Do tell.

Can’t be asked to listen to it for some reasons. Also because I listend to interviews with both mitch and Alan before and I’m not interested in them... If someone cares to listen, please let us know the Izzy parts. :lol:

I just started listening right now and it's 2 hours long so I'll let you guys know when I'm done. :)

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Zoot said:

I just started listening right now and it's 2 hours long so I'll let you guys know when I'm done. :)

Thank you. I posted my post and hit the „play“ button. That’s how consistent I am. :lol: I keep telling myself I’ll switch it off soon.

2 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

This band is so fucking frustrating. 

Why? What? WHAT?!?! :ph34r:

Edited by Tori72
EDIT: WTF? I see double and I didn’t even have a drink yet!

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thank you. I posted my post and hit the „play“ button. That’s how consistent I am. :lol: I keep telling myself I’ll switch it off soon.

I think it'll be a good episode. I'm not a fan of Niven, he seems a bit looney to me :lol:, but I do like Mitch LaFon. That guy is like an encyclopedia of rock and seems like a stand up dude. His interview with Steven was the best one out of all the interviews Steven did.

Edited by Zoot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoot said:

I think it'll be a good episode. I'm not a fan of Niven, he seems a bit looney to me :lol:, but I do like Mitch LaFon. That guy is like an encyclopedia of rock and seems like a stand up dude. His interview with Steven was the best one out of all the interviews Steven did.

I certainly didn't want a repeat interview, esp having Mitch himself on. I ask fan questions (including from this forum), so you know they'll be good ques.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

This band is so fucking frustrating. 

I repeat this quote to myself everyday! Yet here I am, already suspecting that I will be even more pissed off at them for whatever happened with Izzy at that soundcheck, just waiting for Kris to tell us what Niven had to say :facepalm:

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Thank you, lady! What would this thread do without you? :hug:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Thank you for listening to this and reporting back anything interesting ..... there's no way I can sit through 2 hours of This! 😃

Edited by Miss_Wharton
Typo

9 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

I certainly didn't want a repeat interview, esp having Mitch himself on. I ask fan questions (including from this forum), so you know they'll be good ques.

Slightly off topic and I know it's a total shot in the dark, but have you ever tried reaching out to Izzy to see if he'd do an interview with you guys? For some reason I feel like you would have a better chance than any major publication. Especially because you're so respectful when talking to your guests. And he has a history of only doing interviews with indie journalists.

Edited by Zoot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

So that girl maybe was right then when she told Gibbo she saw Izzy at soundcheck and he wouldn't talk to anyone but Duff 

I'm not to that part of the podcast yet but I think they are referring to the pre-tour rehearsals not the soundchecks.

Although, I did see from a good source that Izzy was in the city around that time so who knows. :shrugs:

Edited by Zoot

17 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Slightly off topic and I know it's a total shot in the dark, but have you ever tried reaching out to Izzy to see if he'd do an interview with you guys? For some reason I feel like you would have a better chance than any major publication. Especially because you're so respectful when talking to your guests. And he has a history of only doing interviews with indie journalists.

Appreciate the thought. @ArtTavanatried interviewing him and I can't imagine getting further than him. Ya never know I suppose. http://www.laweekly.com/music/wheres-izzy-searching-for-the-gnr-reunions-missing-person-7388840

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Ok so here’s the timestamps for the podcast:

1:29:00 - Funny story about Izzy calling Niven about Iron Maiden’s stage
1:39:00 - Story of Izzy quitting GNR
1:41:00 - How Izzy is doing and if Alan is still in contact (Confirms Izzy is still with and happy with his french model girlfriend)
1:42:00 - If he thinks Izzy is still up to joining GNR on tour or making music with GNR (Talks about the Nashville soundcheck)
1:44:00 - Confirms it was Meegan that brought Slash and Axl back together. Also says “girls” does he mean Erin???
1:48:00 - Talks about what Team Brazil has done for Axl
1:51:00 - Talks about any unreleased material
1:54:00 - Talking about Slash having a meltdown after turning 49

All the rest was nothing new or unrelated to GNR.

Thanks for doing that, Kris. 

I swear the more we learn about this tour and Izzy the worse it gets. What the hell happened at that soundcheck? 

• Like 2