Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

24 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah, that was my reaction, too. JD? Is that something people do, using the initials of the name? Like JLo. :lol:

Yeah lots of people go by the initials of their first and middle name, but Izzy just really doesn't seem like a JD to me :lol: I would have thought his family calls him Jeff or Jeffrey.

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Ever heard of DJ (Daron Jay) Ashba? :lol:

That what it stands for? Didn't know that.

1 minute ago, Frey said:

Yeah lots of people go by the initials of their first and middle name, but Izzy just really doesn't seem like a JD to me :lol: I would have thought his family calls him Jeff or Jeffrey.

So people are called something that is not even a name but only initials? Ok... I can still see the Jeffrey or Jeff in Izzy. I cannot see the William or Bill in Axl though.

Just so you know. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

So people are called something that is not even a name but only initials? Ok... I can still see the Jeffrey or Jeff in Izzy. I cannot see the William or Bill in Axl though.

Yeah DJ is short for Darren Jay. What did you think the guy's name was? lol

I can't see Izzy as a JD because all the JDs I've ever met were complete idiots or dorks at least. I'm distantly related to a JD (Joseph Daniel I think, but he's been JD since he was a baby), a second cousin to me or something, and he is one of the biggest morons I've ever had the misfortune of knowing. I was also watching Scrubs recently and the main character of that show is also a JD. And a dork. So the idiot/dork association is strong for me and that's why I have a hard time picturing Izzy as a JD. He's too cool for that.

Axl was called Axl even by his grandma, so there was really no one using his birth name anymore and that name is well and truly dead.

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I thought it was hilarious when I found out the guys' real names. Not so much Duff and Steven, but Slash, Axl and Izzy sound like a bunch of upper class snobs names to me.

William, Saul and Jeffrey. All toff names to my ears :lol:

Funny thing is, I think William suits Axl better than Axl. And his middle name of Bruce is awesome! 

About the BBC documentary. I googled and I found this. Still have to watch it if it is "The Most Dangerous Band in the World: The Story of Guns N' Roses".

http://ihavenotv.com/the-most-dangerous-band-in-the-world-the-story-of-guns-n-roses

Also found this

https://www.facebook.com/notes/guns-n-roses-bootlegs/mp4-the-most-dangerous-band-in-the-world-the-story-of-guns-n-roses-on-bbc-four/1362863920410303/

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I thought it was hilarious when I found out the guys' real names. Not so much Duff and Steven, but Slash, Axl and Izzy sound like a bunch of upper class snobs names to me.

William, Saul and Jeffrey. All toff names to my ears :lol:

Funny thing is, I think William suits Axl better than Axl. And his middle name of Bruce is awesome! 

What, how come? :lol: I could maybe see Axl going by Will, but I just tried to picture Beta yelling "WILLIAAAM!" or Slash calling Axl "William" and I just can't :lol:

(Bill is totally out of the question, it's so boring and ordinary and forgettable, it wouldn't suit him at all. And what's so great about Bruce? :lol:)

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

About the BBC documentary. I googled and I found this. Still have to watch it if it is "The Most Dangerous Band in the World: The Story of Guns N' Roses".

http://ihavenotv.com/the-most-dangerous-band-in-the-world-the-story-of-guns-n-roses

Also found this

https://www.facebook.com/notes/guns-n-roses-bootlegs/mp4-the-most-dangerous-band-in-the-world-the-story-of-guns-n-roses-on-bbc-four/1362863920410303/

If it has a) terrible, cringeworthy animations b) Duff kissing Slash on stage c) Tom Zutaut telling horror stories and d) footage from the GIF posted earlier, it's the right one :P

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

What, how come? :lol: I could maybe see Axl going by Will, but I just tried to picture Beta yelling "WILLIAAAM!" or Slash calling Axl "William" and I just can't :lol:

(Bill is totally out of the question, it's so boring and ordinary and forgettable, it wouldn't suit him at all. And what's so great about Bruce? :lol:)

If it has a) terrible, cringeworthy animations b) Duff kissing Slash on stage c) Tom Zutaut telling horror stories and d) footage from the GIF posted earlier, it's the right one :P

I am watching it right now. Nothing new so far ;)

i think I've seen it before 

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

I think it's because there are two Williams in my family and I have a friend called William and all of them are charmers who kind of like getting into a bit of trouble :lol: 

We call our Williams - Liam for short, but sometimes by their full name too. And I just like the name Bruce. 

-----

You forgot the bit about Slash's soul :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frey said:

Yeah DJ is short for Darren Jay. What did you think the guy's name was? lol

I can't see Izzy as a JD because all the JDs I've ever met were complete idiots or dorks at least. I'm distantly related to a JD (Joseph Daniel I think, but he's been JD since he was a baby), a second cousin to me or something, and he is one of the biggest morons I've ever had the misfortune of knowing. I was also watching Scrubs recently and the main character of that show is also a JD. And a dork. So the idiot/dork association is strong for me and that's why I have a hard time picturing Izzy as a JD. He's too cool for that.

Axl was called Axl even by his grandma, so there was really no one using his birth name anymore and that name is well and truly dead.

What about JD Salinger? It's the only JD I know. Is he a dork too? Cause I have an appointment for a rye to be draw permanently in my arm next month thanks to him. I must know if he's a dork too, you know :ph34r: 

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think it's because there are two Williams in my family and I have a friend called William and all of them are charmers who kind of like getting into a bit of trouble :lol: 

Are you related to prince William? :P 

15 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Danny Dyer? 

What's he the king of, Knobheads? :lol:

12 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@MillionsOfSpidersdid you see celeb BB? That Brandi Granville is on it. She's Duffs wife mate ain't she?

I didn't, but I normally watch the repeats in the day time because of working night shifts. Im not too sure who Brandi is, interesting if she is though we might get some gossip :P

They should get that Roxana on it :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

What about JD Salinger? It's the only JD I know. Is he a dork too? Cause I have an appointment for a rye to be draw permanently in my arm next month thanks to him. I must know if he's a dork too, you know :ph34r: 

I haven't read anything about jd Salinger being a dork only that he's weird and became a hermit.

11 hours ago, Frey said:

JD? Izzy is JD to his family? Really? :lol:

Read about that a long time ago, have no idea how accurate that info is :)

@dgnr Yeah ok, not a dork probably, but weird in other ways :P

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

We call our Williams - Liam for short, but sometimes by their full name too. And I just like the name Bruce. 

-----

You forgot the bit about Slash's soul :D

The bit about Slash's soul also fulls under the category of Zutaut telling horror stories :P (Or was it Marc Canter who said that? I think they've both talked about this at some point)

1 hour ago, annabanana said:

Read about that a long time ago, have no idea how accurate that info is :)

Ok thanks.

Does anyone here have a source for that/remember where this is from?

Edited by Frey

3 hours ago, dgnr said:

If we tell you he's a dork, will you change that tattoo for the AFD cross? :P

19 minutes ago, Frey said:

Ok thanks.

Just wait a few minutes and @Blackstar will find it somewhere :headbang:

2 hours ago, Frey said:

@dgnr

From one of those angelfire sites from before. Will try to look :)

Couldn't find the site where I saw it before but found this instead https://www.wattpad.com/310345604-izzy-stradlin-curiosidades-14 

Edited by annabanana
Addition
  • Like 1

tumblr_om73q9TjOY1vl0rdho1_400.gif

Angry Izzy is cute but he wasn't angry. He's yelling "That was the best show we ever played". You can tell he really means it. :rofl-lol:

Haven't gotten to Slash's soul wandering yesterday. I remember everyone talking about it. Especially Matt Sorum with a pretty evil smirk. There are many statements of Matt around that tell me he hates Axl's guts.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

tumblr_om73q9TjOY1vl0rdho1_400.gif

Angry Izzy is cute but he wasn't angry. He's yelling "That was the best show we ever played". You can tell he really means it. :rofl-lol:

Haven't gotten to Slash's soul wandering yesterday. I remember everyone talking about it. Especially Matt Sorum with a pretty evil smirk. There are many statements of Matt around that tell me he hates Axl's guts.

I haven't seen the documentary, but can you blame Matt for laughing? I don't think I could keep a straight face either if I was talking about Slash's soul leaving his body and being replaced with something evil. :lol: But maybe I just have a weird sense of humor. :ph34r:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I haven't seen the documentary, but can you blame Matt for laughing? I don't think I could keep a straight face either if I was talking about Slash's soul leaving his body and being replaced with something evil. :lol: But maybe I just have a weird sense of humor. :ph34r:

So. :max: You are not taking Slash's sould wandering into a crow and back seriously?! Shame on you!!! 

:awesomeface::awesomeface:

No, can't blame him, of course. I was putting two thoughts into one, actually. I did find him rather spiteful towards Axl on several occasions. But this one, well, is understandable. :lol:

• Like 1