Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

3 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Makes you wonder what happened to Izzy's reported interview, did he just think better of it when he calmed down. I supposed he know he would end up embroiled in a pointless argument. I just wish he would use his Twitter to give out a few well chosen tweets on his side of the story. No need for interview which can be taken out of context, he can think about what to say and how to word it. It's not that difficult and he originally stated that's why he opened the account in the first place.

Probably decided against it for the same reasons he did when he left the band originally.

I: I read this one when I arrived in London, and I found he perfectly summed up the situation and understood the vibe of the "Get In The Ring" tour. For the first time I saw it written in black on white. Actually, no need to exagerate, it's an accumulation of internal things that drove me out of the band, not an article.

M: Yeah, but you weren't going to the video shootings either! And now, alone, you put out an album in six months?

I: How can I say this without spitting more venom into the debate? I saw all their dirty laundry bashing all over the magazines. At some time, I felt a little bit like picking up my phone, call a journalist and spit my answer, my version of the story...

M: As in the "Van Halen wars"?

I: Yeah, you see... Finally I decided to get into the studio. The others can say whatever they want.

http://www.snakepit.org/rock_folk.html

And plus, twitter really isn't the best platform for clearing the air. A lot can be misconstrued in 140 characters. I really wish he would speak out because I hate how the others have tarnished Izzy's reputation over the years but I can see why he doesn't. I'm sure it's not worth the headache to him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Makes you wonder what happened to Izzy's reported interview, did he just think better of it when he calmed down. I supposed he realised he would end up embroiled in a pointless argument. I just wish he would use his Twitter to give out a few well chosen tweets on his side of the story. No need for interview which can be taken out of context, he can think about what to say and how to word it. It's not that difficult and he originally stated that's why he opened the account in the first place.

He did.

IMG_4710.jpg

As much as I wanted it at the beginning, I'm kinda glad that interview didn't happen. Not worth his time.

• Like 3

Wow lots of hates in here, N' bit out of topic

Am I the only one who thinks tht for some part its actually Adlers fault *Except about the loot of course* 

I dont like the part of Adler tht trying so hard to look nice while actually still holding grudge N' being cynical

Its clear tht He still hate Axl N' dont like 4tus N' Frank

36 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry :ph34r:

oOZP02.gif

Hard to believe but I actually am wearing tighty whities and a fur capelet right now. How embarrassing. 

Izzy is publicity shy. I get the feeling he doesn't trust many people so talking to a stranger must be a little terrifying for him. And at this point it would accomplish very little. I wish that at the beginning of all of this he would have just said what was happening. Combined the message of his "at this time" tweet with his "bullshit" tweet or something. It might have forced their hand to at least talk about it when the media was still slightly interested in this thing. I understand that at that point he probably still had hope but all the "is it him" confusion and dithering created this white noise of "that's just Izzy" and "he probably doesn't even want to do it" and "if Izzy wanted to be there he would be there."  Now the money has been made and the caravan has rolled on and it's probably too late.  

This whole thing has been such a dry hump. If you had told me a year ago that, on the third leg of this tour, the media wouldn't give a shit, the show threads would dry up and the message boards would start to die I would 't have believed it. A dry hump - feels okay for a while but is a frustrating simulation that leads to no actual release.

I wonder if Izzy was actually in Nashville? That's a part of the puzzle I'd like to know more about. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Am I the only one who thinks tht for some part its actually Adlers fault *Except about the loot of course* 

I dont like the part of Adler tht trying so hard to look nice while actually still holding grudge N' being cynical

It's not really hate, it just anger at what could have been, and I guess mostly driven by money over friendships.

No i dont think its Adlers fault, I think the whole throwing Steven out then is the same as using the back as an excuse now, a clash of personalities.

I completely agree there was some double talkin jive going on in that interview but so hard not to hold a grudge, and they were all shits and have all acted appalling so why should steven be singled out.

I really hope Izzy and Steven don't tour with them down the line when they need a new angle to sell tickets, I hope they have more integrity. It really kills me to say that, this is why I wish Izzy would give a couple of answers. If he tweeted something along the lines we are still good, we had different opinions on stuff so I backed out. I would be fine and it would a sit much better.

Edited by Archtop

5 minutes ago, Archtop said:

It's not really hate, it just anger at what could have been, and I guess mostly driven by money over friendships.

No i dont think its Adlers fault, I think the whole throwing Steven out then is the same as using the back as an excuse now, a clash of personalitys.

I completely agree there was some double talkin jive going on in that interview but so hard not to hold a grudge, and they were all shits and have all acted appalling so why should steven be singled out.

I really hope Izzy and Steven don't tour with them down the line when they need a new angle to sell tickets, I hope they have more integrity. It really kills me to say that, this is why I wish Izzy would give a couple of answers. If he tweeted something along the lines we are still good, we had different opinions on stuff so I backed out, finest would a sit much better.

Hate N' anger, He's always done it for couple of times N' said sorry the next day

Could be or could be not

If Izzy tweet something about this it will be like pouring the oil onto the fire N' There will be no AFD for all of Us

Edited by SerenityScorp

15 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I wonder if Izzy was actually in Nashville? That's a part of the puzzle I'd like to know more about. 

I don't think he was. That girl was a casual fan and despite what her friend says I still think she mixed up Izzy & Fortus. With Fortus dressing like Izzy now it'd be easy to do if you aren't familiar with the band. Getting super CSI for a second; I think Izzy was recording 'Call me the Breeze' at that time in either Ojai or Little Rock, Arkansas. Nowhere near Nashville. 

P.S. A dry hump is never ok. :P

Edited by Kris_1989

13 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Hard to believe but I actually am wearing tighty whities and a fur capelet right now. How embarrassing. 

Izzy is publicity shy. I get the feeling he doesn't trust many people so talking to a stranger must be a little terrifying for him. And at this point it would accomplish very little. I wish that at the beginning of all of this he would have just said what was happening. Combined the message of his "at this time" tweet with his "bullshit" tweet or something. It might have forced their hand to at least talk about it when the media was still slightly interested in this thing. I understand that at that point he probably still had hope but all the "is it him" confusion and dithering created this white noise of "that's just Izzy" and "he probably doesn't even want to do it" and "if Izzy wanted to be there he would be there."  Now the money has been made and the caravan has rolled on and it's probably too late.  

This whole thing has been such a dry hump. If you had told me a year ago that, on the third leg of this tour, the media wouldn't give a shit, the show threads would dry up and the message boards would start to die I would 't have believed it. A dry hump - feels okay for a while but is a frustrating simulation that leads to no actual release.

lol..fucking brilliant. 

Yeah, this shit stinks to high heaven. I guess Axl got what he wanted. No happy ending for the diehard fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

What interview did you listen to? 

It's not hate but some of us refuse to kiss ass just for the sake of it.

I know you're upset so I'll stop now.

14 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

What interview did you listen to? 

It's not hate but some of us refuse to kiss ass just for the sake of it.

I know you're upset so I'll stop now.

Why People keep saying ass kissing:facepalm:

Like some People who dont like the current Tour N' Axl, We defend Them because some logical reason too. not ass kissing

Edited by SerenityScorp

You all guys kinda said it all. I'm so done with this shit I'm considering selling my ticket for Madrid. It's not that I was naive before and didn't know this is a cash grab thing, it is just I have lost a lot of respect for the people involved, people I've loved and respected as musicians since I was a kid. That's not the way fucking things are done. Just NO. 

Edited by Darkenchantress

15 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

You all guys kinda said it all. I'm so done with this shit I'm considering selling my ticket for Madrid. It's not that I was naive before and didn't know this is a cash grab thing, it is just I have lost a lot of respect for the people involved, people I've loved and respected as musicians since I was a kid. That's not the way fucking things are done. Just NO. 

Up to you of course, and I'm sure others would encourage you to do so, but I would say hold on to them tickets! 

It's not the lineup I want either, it really ain't, it's still going to be such an awesome occasion though. I love the whole spending all that time with other gunners and the build up to the show nearly as much the show itself which looks pretty awesome to be honest. 

They're just a bunch of scumbags, it's all there is to it. Oh well. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

It's up to you but I would still consider going, especially since you already bought the tickets. Even if they're doing this tour for the wrong reasons it could still be a fun night out. Just enjoy the music and try not to think about any of the drama. :)

• Like 1

OMG, what do I have to wake up to? This is sad and frustrating and maddening. It is all being a GnR Fan is like, isn't it? They are as diyfuntional as it gets.

You kind of already said everything there is to say, but I have to start my day somehow and shrug off all this.

Even if there is nothing really new about all that, regarding the greater scheme. It is the details we know heard of in Steven's interview that are so frustrating and sad. I just can't believe Duff was the cruel messenger boy. Before I always thought he and his mediating personality somehow helped the "reunion". I also wouldn't have thought that sober Duff and Slash would not stand up against Axl in favour of Izzy and Steven.

But already knew Steven and also Izzy wanted to be part of the reunion. We know that there were negotiations and rehearsals and that Izzy was interested and willing. Then it didn't happen and Izzy tweeted his "Bullshit, no loot-sharing" tweet. Now, it all makes sense. They were willing, but the big 3 didn't want to share whatever there was to share. The loot, legal power, whatever. Why is Duff in this big 3 anyway and not Izzy? They all played on stage and visited each other. Why are Duff and Slash bending over for Axl. Again. Like all those years ago? Still don't get that.

Also, even if it seems like something neglectable. Duff and Slash are not following Izzy on twitter and not interacting with his tweets, his music videos etc. gets some deeper meaning now. That fact always had me suspicious. They cut the ties. 

We were SO close to a real reunion of the original 5. That is, what's hurting the most. FI doubt Izzy would ever participate in full-reunion plans in a couple of years.  

And as many other pointed out, they are all alive today. Against all odds. Why not cherish that? Why not use this moment, why not come together? It's such a shame.

I only hope Izzy is going to produce more of his music. Still listening to his stuff every day. (Not only his, but I am hooked now.)

Gna, sorry, mostly repetitive stuff from me. But I had to get it off my chest.

5 hours ago, Archtop said:

Makes you wonder what happened to Izzy's reported interview, did he just think better of it when he calmed down. I supposed he realised he would end up embroiled in a pointless argument. I just wish he would use his Twitter to give out a few well chosen tweets on his side of the story. No need for interview which can be taken out of context, he can think about what to say and how to word it. It's not that difficult and he originally stated that's why he opened the account in the first place.

What is all this about Izzy's reported interview? With who, when and where is it? Sorry, I'm clueless. :shrugs:

I think Duff's in because of his relationship with Axl and Slash. Duff was the first one to get in with Axl back in 2010 and he's been pretty tight with Slash since the mid 90's. As for him being the messenger boy, do you guys remember the 'Making of VR' doc that was on VH1? (That could be the wrong title but I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about) even way back then they used to have Duff call the potential singers to let them know they didn't get the gig. He's always been the messenger boy for whatever reason.

As for them bending over, the more I think about it I'm not surprised about that either. Perla is raking Slash over the coals in the divorce (Why the fuck did he not get a prenup?!) so I'm sure he wanted this tour to refill the bank so to speak. As for Duff, he's always done some weird crap for money. Anybody remember 'Married to Rock' on E? Or Rock n' Roll Fantasy camp? :facepalm:

One thing that is also sticking out to me is something a friend of Slash's said years ago, I can't remember which documentary it was in but one of his friends said (and I'm paraphrasing) "What do you want to be?" and Slash told him "He just wanted to be remembered" or something like that. Which is why he spent so much time branding himself as the "guitar hero" and putting together his signature look. The top hat, the leather pants & converse, + his signature sound. When you say "Slash" that's what people think of.

But back to Duff... Until his columns & books he really didn't have his own brand. If you said "Duff" most people would think of 'The Simpsons' and unless they're a GNR fan they wouldn't know who he is. So over the past few years he's really been branding himself as this "changed family man" and people (myself included) ate it up and believed him. He exposed himself to a whole new fan base with those books and it really pushed him into the "big three" status. I think now we're all are just seeing the truth that he is no different than Slash or the others. He just took a little longer to show his true colors.

I don't know if any of that made sense... it's 1:30am and I'm rambling. :lol: I just wanted to bounce my thoughts off of you guys.

36 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What is all this about Izzy's reported interview? With who, when and where is it? Sorry, I'm clueless. :shrugs:

Art (the one who wrote the LA Weekly Article) said that Izzy was going to be doing an interview and it would be out soon. But the interview never came. I asked Art about it on twitter awhile back he didn't know what happened to it, though. Most likely Izzy just backed out or Art was given bad info. One of the two... :shrugs:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

As for Duff, he's always done some weird crap for money. Anybody remember 'Married to Rock' on E? Or Rock n' Roll Fantasy camp? :facepalm:

Those were bad, very very bad.

Anyways, have you girls seen pretty in pink?

IMG_4702.jpg

:wub::wub::wub:

It's Friday and my body knows it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Kris_1989 Duff might well be a good father, husband and mediator. I have however seen him with my own eyes throwing a tantrum because of his own arrogance. So his part in this doesn't really surprise me at all. 

I don't doubt that he loves his family dearly. I was trying to say that he's no better than Slash or Axl when it comes to being money motivated. Despite the "always doing the right thing, money doesn't matter" image he tries to promote and I don't think anyone in here cares if we go a bit off topic so no worries. :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Don't sell you ticket, go out and enjoy the show for what it is a spectacular. We got one side of a story, could be bullshit for all we know, taken at face value it appears Steven and Izzy have been treated Shitty but they might equally have made demands that were unreasonable. 

• Like 2