GA Pit the week before the shows

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My friend Minneapolis get super anxious and bought his tickets yesterday assuming he wouldn't get any. With the lessons I learned in 2016, I'll be buying my tickets about 5 days before Minneapolis or anything other show I go to in 2017. 

Sorry for the double post - but I would like to echo Russ' sentiments

Originally when Toronto went on pre-sale....

GAPIT were only available through Welcome to the Jungle VIP at a cost of $1275

Then Pit tickets opened up to the general public for $500 CAD

5-6 days before the show - they dropped down to $275

All this from a supposedly "Sold Out" show

39 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

It was criminal how empty the pit was in Toronto.

It did fill up eventually - but it was a pretty sedated crowd.

I even got yelled at for jumping during the songs - LOL

You got yelled at? Sad!That is one of the reasons why I am going to San Antonio...I am hoping for an kick ass energetic crowd! Especially since it is the last gig of the NA tour! :)

4 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

It was criminal how empty the pit was in Toronto.

It did fill up eventually - but it was a pretty sedated crowd.

I even got yelled at for jumping during the songs - LOL

yeah that gap between the floor seats and the pit actually took away from the energy, for me anyways... and im not a fan of floor seats... the entire floor should be GA imo

3 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

yeah that gap between the floor seats and the pit actually took away from the energy, for me anyways... and im not a fan of floor seats... the entire floor should be GA imo

It is everywhere else in the world other than North America. I don't know when that rule came in but it's pathetic as fuck.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Millions of other shows = no such disaster. If people decide to go mental, chairs ain't gonna do shit except be used as weapons anyway.

You asked a question, I answered, thank you would have been appropriate.  And you are right, Riverport certainly proved that having chairs can be detrimental.

On 12/8/2016 at 11:01 AM, tsinindy said:

Huh?   I've heard from several people that went specifically to Chicago night 2 that the pit was not crowded at all.

if you are up front on the rail, that's how it works.  But I've heard there's almost always room in the back of the pit and moving around in the back isn't a problem.

on the Slash's side on night 2 you could barely squeeze around it was so crowded, and I was in the back

With the way Ottawa's pre-sale was set up you could only get pit tickets if you either bought a second Nightrain membership (ie. chose the option that purchased a membership along with tickets) or pay for Paradise City VIP and above. Te ticketing site for TD Place wouldn't accept the Nightrain code for whatever reason so it wasn't much of a pre-sale. I don't blame the Nightrain for that one - the codes worked fine on Ticketmaster for the other shows so it must have been a glitch with TD Place's site.

Now that tickets are on general sale you can pop up pit tickets no problem. All that without the hefty VIP sum or potentially buying another membership.

Luckily I was able to upgrade my seats to the pit (TD Place themselves - very helpful. Their ticketing hotline - not so much). If anybody is thinking of doing Ottawa and hasn't bought tickets yet - there's still plenty of pit tickets it seems!

• Like 1

In San Antonio the pit tickets on Duff's side and all the field tickets right behind the pit are still being sold at VIP prices $743, despite the general sale going on. I'm going to wait to see if those go down. I am sure they will cause there are a shit ton of seats right behind the pit...rows and rows rows!

4 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

In San Antonio the pit tickets on Duff's side and all the field tickets right behind the pit are still being sold at VIP prices $743, despite the general sale going on. I'm going to wait to see if those go down. I am sure they will cause there are a shit ton of seats right behind the pit...rows and rows rows!

Sounds like you could get PIT on Slash's side....come on get PIT :)