08/21/17 - Ottawa, ON - TD Place Stadium

Estranged Reality

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Nah, I don't really see the point in it, if I were up the stands I might change my mind but I didn't pay all that money for pit tickets so I could hold my phone up :P I think most people would feel the same - I'll take a few pics or maybe 1 or 2 videos but otherwise I'm just gonna enjoy the show.

Agree absolutely 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

to be fair, I have the periscope app on my phone and won't be streaming anything at either show I'm seeing this year. I've noticed that streaming/filming, while still kinda popular here, is more popular in the US.

good for you Gordon, makes me wish I made shows in Canada, having phones in your face all night really sucks. You guys know how to live in the moment and let the memory bank take the pictures. have fun!

yes, a few photos is fine, nuts filming all night long to expand their social media, not good at all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HOOSIER GUNZ said:

what folks are doing with the phones is what i did/do with a camera, remember those...

Did you bootleg shows back in the day? Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for whatever good GNR bootlegs I can find, and I mean I've filmed a couple concerts in the past (but not GNR shows), I just wouldn't want to deal with that when I know there's thousands of people behind me with their camera's going, and my favourite band is in front of me...