08/21/17 - Ottawa, ON - TD Place Stadium

Estranged Reality

26 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Lol...during KOHD Axl says he has this little box up there, he can push a button and talk to the band and shit when they are really trying to concentrate he likes to tell them jokes :rofl-lol:

27 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Lol...during KOHD Axl says he has this little box up there, he can push a button and talk to the band and shit when they are really trying to concentrate he likes to tell them jokes :rofl-lol:

Axl is a kid 😆

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

It would be pretty cool if anybody was able to bootleg the monitor mixes to hear this stuff.  At the Miami show, I could see Axl flip the switch a few times and talk into the mic but not over the PA.  He did it for quite a lengthy amount of time in the middle of one of the songs in that show (maybe YCBM, I can't remember).

Setlist for the show:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Duff's Solo - Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Band Intros
Jam+Godfather Theme/Sweet Child O' Mine
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Richard N' Slash - Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain
*Axl: "This song kinda goes with the day, right?"
Black Hole Sun
Only Women Bleed/Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Don't Cry
Whole Lotta Rosie
Melissa intro/Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

Setlist for the show:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Duff's Solo - Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Band Intros
Jam+Godfather Theme/Sweet Child O' Mine
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Richard N' Slash - Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain
*Axl: "This song kinda goes with the day, right?"
Black Hole Sun
Only Women Bleed/Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Don't Cry
Whole Lotta Rosie
Melissa intro/Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

thanks for posting set list.  Melissa's intro before Patience, like a musical intro?

EDIT:  Oops.  I get it the Allman Bros.  I thought Reese was playing a musical intro for a second.  Then coffee happened.

Edited by soon

It looks like out to get me is no longer part of the set.Can't remember the last time they played it.Personally it was my favorite song they played when I seen them last.Hopefully they'll start to put it back in rotation again soon .

7 minutes ago, gt72 said:

It looks like out to get me is no longer part of the set.Can't remember the last time they played it.Personally it was my favorite song they played when I seen them last.Hopefully they'll start to put it back in rotation again soon .

Out Ta Get Me was my favorite as well an they nailed it just about every time. Used To Love Her seems to have replaced it. I love Used To Love her too, but I just can't get used to the way Fortus plays it.. It would be cool to have them both in there and I believe at least one show they played them back to back.. 

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Out Ta Get Me was my favorite as well an they nailed it just about every time. Used To Love Her seems to have replaced it. I love Used To Love her too, but I just can't get used to the way Fortus plays it.. It would be cool to have them both in there and I believe at least one show they played them back to back.. 

Isn't it My Michelle that replaced it? I know it used to be one or the other unless Steven was there. I also like Used to Love Her, but I'd rather have both OTGM and My Michelle. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Isn't it My Michelle that replaced it? I know it used to be one or the other unless Steven was there. I also like Used to Love Her, but I'd rather have both OTGM and My Michelle. 

I think they used to to rotate My Michelle and OTGM for the most part.  I was lucky at my last show to get Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle. Aside from them playing too many CD songs I never really jumped on the set list bitching wagon, but I am starting to get restless. It has been almost a year and a half now. They could really use to shake stuff up a bit for the Arena tour.. Even if they just tweak the order a bit and swap out a few songs. So many classics that they don't even touch. It is just odd that it seems they spend the most effort on mixing up the CD and Cover songs..

Last night was my last show of the summer, and it couldn't have been any better. The show was great, and in addition to that my group was featured on the Instagram and snapchat in a small video, as well as a picture posted on the Instagram.

20170821_211259.png.d9a8dc2b5e7d41afa442664483e7629f.png

In addition to that, the cherry on top was this happening...

FB_IMG_1503434775693.thumb.jpg.717c7901d63c939c683fb9e00103f9a6.jpg

Can't wait until the fall!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Last night was my last show of the summer, and it couldn't have been any better. The show was great, and in addition to that my group was featured on the Instagram and snapchat in a small video, as well as a picture posted on the Instagram.

Awesome!!! I'm very jealous but also happy that you had the experience!!!

36 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

A banner said"Axl prime minister" 😄👍

I had been hoping to meet up with a few forum members prior to the show but I had a hectic week in general and then an accident on the 401 greatly delayed my trip. I barely got there in time for Guns to start. :lol:

I didn't do too bad for a spot considering. Off to the side but one person back from the rail pretty well right in front of where Slash stands in front of the big screen.

Without going too in depth, I'll say that I enjoyed this more than Toronto last year. I feared for Axl's voice at this show when early on the first two lines of Jungle were among the worst I've ever heard (and I saw the band in 2013), but the rest of the song he seemed to hit his stride and then the remainder of the show was on par with the better of the 2017 shows. His voice isn't the sole focus for me there anyways. Slash and Duff spent a lot of time right in front of me. Laughing, making gestures, and really trying to make that connection with the fans. Axl too, but he was on that side a little less.

The band is tighter than ever too. The tempos are better, the extended jams flow better, and overall I thought the musical experience was top notch. Definitely a well-oiled machine of a line-up at this point. I like that you can see those types of improvements - they are really working hard. The show clocked in at just over three hours so hearing a bunch of songs that I didn't hear in Toronto last year was nice (My Michelle, Used to Love Her, Don't Cry, and Yesterdays to name a few - plus Black Hole Sun obviously).

I'm not going to pretend that "Mickey" doesn't exist live - it's louder, but it's there. However, Axl far exceeded my expectations last night. He definitely gives it 100% and I thought I'd get even less rasp than what he gave, especially considering I was fortunate enough to see the 2016 NA leg. I'm reconsidering doing one of the October shows now.

SAM_2505.thumb.JPG.d3698a5ca6d0ba4e5ec07490deb510e3.JPGSAM_2537.JPG.2e8028edf63365def361b0c4cf05043f.JPG