08/21/17 - Ottawa, ON - TD Place Stadium

Estranged Reality

Had a great show...the best for me this year! The energy was intense and many of the fans were fun to chat with. I got to go with some of my best friends as well so that was nice...I danced my butt off so it was a good work out 😃

i tossed a thong up there during Mr.B, Axl picked it up, smiled, twirled it around and hung it in the drum set. If anyone has vid/pic of that please share 🤣🤣🤣🤣

to all the fellow gunners out there; enjoy the rest of the shows and I'll see ya in the fall 🤓

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Last night was my last show of the summer, and it couldn't have been any better. The show was great, and in addition to that my group was featured on the Instagram and snapchat in a small video, as well as a picture posted on the Instagram.

20170821_211259.png.d9a8dc2b5e7d41afa442664483e7629f.png

In addition to that, the cherry on top was this happening...

FB_IMG_1503434775693.thumb.jpg.717c7901d63c939c683fb9e00103f9a6.jpg

Can't wait until the fall!

How did u guys get a pic with Axl? After the show?

21 minutes ago, AFGnR said:

How did u guys get a pic with Axl? After the show?

It might have had something to do with showing up to every single show on the rail and then coming in with matching Axl shirts...I'm not sure maybe one of them will answer but I'm thinking it was the least Axl could do for these people who have likely spent a combined over $100,000 on this tour.

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

It might have had something to do with showing up to every single show on the rail and then coming in with matching Axl shirts...I'm not sure maybe one of them will answer but I'm thinking it was the least Axl could do for these people who have likely spent a combined over $100,000 on this tour.

There's a lot videos on YouTube and photos on internet of him with fans after the shows..Right time and right place, that's all. He's not that dick that you think to take photos with the fans.

11 minutes ago, Derick said:

There's a lot videos on YouTube and photos on internet of him with fans after the shows..Right time and right place, that's all. He's not that dick that you think to take photos with the fans.

Hopefullly those people in the picture get free tickets at this point. I can't think of a show they didn't attend 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Hopefullly those people in the picture get free tickets at this point. I can't think of a show they didn't attend 

For those people free tickets it's not relevant, they have a lot money.. But probably they got things that they can't buy like "after show" passes, band's party passes, that Appollo GIG they're names probably was on the top of the list, that Elias guy was mentioned by Axl in that Vegas Residence because of his 50th GNR show...I mean, they get some..

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

I had been hoping to meet up with a few forum members prior to the show but I had a hectic week in general and then an accident on the 401 greatly delayed my trip. I barely got there in time for Guns to start. :lol:

I didn't do too bad for a spot considering. Off to the side but one person back from the rail pretty well right in front of where Slash stands in front of the big screen.

Without going too in depth, I'll say that I enjoyed this more than Toronto last year. I feared for Axl's voice at this show when early on the first two lines of Jungle were among the worst I've ever heard (and I saw the band in 2013), but the rest of the song he seemed to hit his stride and then the remainder of the show was on par with the better of the 2017 shows. His voice isn't the sole focus for me there anyways. Slash and Duff spent a lot of time right in front of me. Laughing, making gestures, and really trying to make that connection with the fans. Axl too, but he was on that side a little less.

The band is tighter than ever too. The tempos are better, the extended jams flow better, and overall I thought the musical experience was top notch. Definitely a well-oiled machine of a line-up at this point. I like that you can see those types of improvements - they are really working hard. The show clocked in at just over three hours so hearing a bunch of songs that I didn't hear in Toronto last year was nice (My Michelle, Used to Love Her, Don't Cry, and Yesterdays to name a few - plus Black Hole Sun obviously).

I'm not going to pretend that "Mickey" doesn't exist live - it's louder, but it's there. However, Axl far exceeded my expectations last night. He definitely gives it 100% and I thought I'd get even less rasp than what he gave, especially considering I was fortunate enough to see the 2016 NA leg. I'm reconsidering doing one of the October shows now.

SAM_2505.thumb.JPG.d3698a5ca6d0ba4e5ec07490deb510e3.JPGSAM_2537.JPG.2e8028edf63365def361b0c4cf05043f.JPG

Do you think Axl is better then the show in 2016

4 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

Had a great show...the best for me this year! The energy was intense and many of the fans were fun to chat with. I got to go with some of my best friends as well so that was nice...I danced my butt off so it was a good work out 😃

i tossed a thong up there during Mr.B, Axl picked it up, smiled, twirled it around and hung it in the drum set. If anyone has vid/pic of that please share 🤣🤣🤣🤣

to all the fellow gunners out there; enjoy the rest of the shows and I'll see ya in the fall 🤓

Where were you? You must have been right near me. I was right in front of Slashes talk box mike. I had the Soundgarden shirt on.

2 hours ago, Derick said:

Ya if you hang out long enough after a show you may get lucky. Also if you hear the right words you can find things out and get invited to after parties. There are some clever people out there who take meeting the band very serious. 

10 minutes ago, BigD62 said:

Where were you? You must have been right near me. I was right in front of Slashes talk box mike. I had the Soundgarden shirt on.

No I wasn't near that area but it sounds like u had an amazing view as well! 😍😍

10 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Last night was my last show of the summer, and it couldn't have been any better. The show was great, and in addition to that my group was featured on the Instagram and snapchat in a small video, as well as a picture posted on the Instagram.

20170821_211259.png.d9a8dc2b5e7d41afa442664483e7629f.png

In addition to that, the cherry on top was this happening...

FB_IMG_1503434775693.thumb.jpg.717c7901d63c939c683fb9e00103f9a6.jpg

Can't wait until the fall!

Super cool t-shirts! And Axl looks quite satisfied! :lol:

8 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Do you think Axl is better then the show in 2016

Of course not - I saw a NA 2016 show and an AXL/DC show so he set the bar pretty high. However, based on most of 2017 I was expecting a lot worse vocally for this show and was pleasantly surprised. The show overall I enjoyed more.

@James Bond

Glad you had a great time and safe trip!

It was a really fun show! Axl struggled in some spots, his mic was low in the mix right in front of the Pit - but his charisma is out of this world. Axl wasn't as strong as he was in 2016 - but you can tell he's giving it his all. And that's all you can ask for. As  a fan, I have no complaints!

I can't say enough about Slash - an absolute legend! He killed it! He really is lifting this up to another level. He dropped down to his knees right in front of me during Whole Lotta Rosie - highlight of the night for me! Hope Toronto in October can work out!!!

@Black Sabbath

I was standing to the left of you in the Pit! Great to see a super fan with a lot of love and dedication! Glad you got to meet Axl!

Side Note: Pit 1 was rowdy as fuck. Gio jumped right over the guard rail and practically crushed me during Paradise City. He said it was only the second time in 14 years (pun intendned?) that he had to jump the rail and throw someone out himself.

Side Note 2: Don't piss Gio off

5 hours ago, gunners fan said:

I went to Ottawa.......with my wife and son....(my daughter could not come)

All I have to offer is that was the most wicked fucking insane 3 hours .

OLP came on at 6:35 boom.

GNR at 7:30

it seemed rushed....

insane

Merged your thread with the existing thread on this show.

On 23/08/2017 at 8:55 AM, coolranchdressing! said:

Check youtube, I just saw it. A black object at the end of Mr Brownstone.