Jim Florentine drops a bit of insight on the reunion on Bill Burr's podcast.

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Hey man, arguments/disagreements are what keep these places alive lol. I am not doubting you being a fan of Slash, at all. I am just saying I think you are underestemating Slash's success as a solo artist. Their activity from 2010-2015 isn't something to scoff at. They definitely made decent money. GNR reunion money? Hell no, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a successful project. Same argument applies for Axl. NuGNR was making money, but nothing on this scale.

Agree.. Arguments are the heart and blood of forums. 

And if u read everything i wrote youll see i never said smkc was a failure or anything like that, but its not and it wasnt even  half of the kind of money those guys are use to. ( and most important, didnt got the succes slash would have wanted)

Just keep.in mind this next words:  SLASH IS NOT ( AND IT WONT BE FOR A LOOONG TIME) PLAYING ANY SMKC material.. On the other hand HeS playing SORRY, THIS I LOVE, CATCHER, CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

2 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

Just keep.in mind this next words:  SLASH IS NOT ( AND IT WONT BE FOR A LOOONG TIME) PLAYING ANY SMKC material.. On the other hand HeS playing SORRY, THIS I LOVE, CATCHER, CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

So what? That has nothing to do with CD songs being better/more successful than the SMKC ones, that's mostly to keep Axl happy.

Look at the crowd when those songs are played, it's clear as day 90% of the people would rather hear GNR songs (Dead Horse, Perfect Crime, You're Crazy, Locomotive, etc.) over those CD songs, it's not like they HAVE to do it or the fans are demanding to hear those songs. NOT AT ALL.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So what? That has nothing to do with CD songs being better/more successful than the SMKC ones, that's mostly to keep Axl happy.

Look at the crowd when those songs are played, it's clear as day 90% of the people would rather hear GNR songs (Dead Horse, Perfect Crime, You're Crazy, Locomotive, etc.) over those CD songs, it's not like they HAVE to do it or the fans are demanding to hear those songs. NOT AT ALL.

I think slash is keeping Axl happy but Axl is slightly returning the favour by attempting Coma every night. I'd say Axl controls the set list but he's adding a few songs that keep slash happy

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

And thats what some of u get from what i said???   

Honestly, im pretty tired of this argue. I know what i know, i think what i think and the time will say who's right .

By the way.. R. U. Really comparing slash composing skills with axls??  Haha. Well i guess it would be pretty much the same to compare axl guitar talent with slashs.   (Same difference from one to another)

For me this argue is over.  Thanks 2 all of u for participating so passionately.

Peace

9 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

have wanted)

What is your point exactly? 

Edit..

Never mind, just read your other posts. 

Not interested in getting involved in that.

Edited by Good, Fuck'n, Night.

1 hour ago, jonah said:

I think slash is keeping Axl happy but Axl is slightly returning the favour by attempting Coma every night. I'd say Axl controls the set list but he's adding a few songs that keep slash happy

I don't think Coma is just to make Slash happy. Axl said in CE that Coma is the song he likes playing the most along with CD songs. This song means a lot to him too and he loves it so much that I think he wouldn't let another guitarist touch it.

8 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

By the way.. R. U. Really comparing slash composing skills with axls??  Haha. Well i guess it would be pretty much the same to compare axl guitar talent with slashs.   (Same difference from one to another)

Of course not, it doesn't take decades for Slash to release an album :P

9 hours ago, jonah said:

Yeah, I think it goes both ways and that's pretty cool.

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think Coma is just to make Slash happy. Axl said in CE that Coma is the song he likes playing the most along with CD songs. This song means a lot to him too and he loves it so much that I think he wouldn't let another guitarist touch it.

I do think so, Axl said so himself. I used to think there might be some songs Axl wasn't willing to play without Slash but then he ruined played Estranged and that theory died for me lol.

6 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I do think so, Axl said so himself. I used to think there might be some songs Axl wasn't willing to play without Slash but then he ruined played Estranged and that theory died for me lol.

Yes, he said that he thought Coma would make Slash and the fans happy, but he also said that it's one of the songs he likes playing the most in this tour. Estranged is a different case. Slash isn't even credited for it; he should be, but it's mostly Axl's "baby". But Coma, to Axl, has been Slash's peak, his masterpiece. Moreover it's special to him for what the lyrics are about and also for the process of writing them.

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, he said that he thought Coma would make Slash and the fans happy, but he also said that it's one of the songs he likes playing the most in this tour. Estranged is a different case. Slash isn't even credited for it; he should be, but it's mostly Axl's "baby". But Coma, to Axl, has been Slash's peak, his masterpiece. Moreover it's special to him for what the lyrics are about and also for the process of writing them.

Yeah, I'm sure he enjoys it (except the last 2 minutes :lol:) but I think he decided to give it try to please Slash. It's true Slash isn't credited on Estranged but still Axl wrote that "thanks for the killer guitar melodies" thing so I always saw it as it was really special to Axl what Slash added to the song. How I wish he didn't play it until this year :cry:

• Like 2

On 12/11/2016 at 11:10 AM, Kickingthehabit said:

Fuck off. You can't just say I'm making up facts when you've provided NOTHING but hyperbole. Here are my sources:

Axl Rose sued over soured deal for Warhol print

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/axl-rose-sued-over-soured-deal-for-warhol-print/article4111080/

But after agreeing to buy the portrait, the Guns N' Roses front man paid only $1.21-million, according to the suit. Rose's manager and lawyer told the broker that the rocker would not pay the remaining balance because he didn't have enough money and "the painting was not worth the price he had agreed to pay," the lawsuit stated.

Axl's Alienating Deal

http://www.eonline.com/news/49145/axl-s-alienating-deal

The famously reclusive rocker signed a multimillion-dollar publishing last week with the Sanctuary Group--much to the chagrin of former Guns N' Roses bandmates not in on the deal. Valued at nearly $20 million, the deal with Sanctuary spans GNR's entire back catalog, including such megahits as "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle."

Reclusive rocker breaks his silence

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/oct/26/gunsnroses-popandrock1

Every so often, there would be rumours of a release date, but in 2004 his record label finally lost patience. 'Having exceeded all budgeted and approved recording costs by millions of dollars,' the label announced in February 2004, 'it is Mr Rose's obligation to fund and complete the album, not Geffen's.'

I actually searched back on this site the original articles that came out on the Warhol painting and none said the manager or lawyer said Axl didn't have money.

They said he owed no more money and the painting ended up being worth less and something about possible fraud. All quotes from lawyer not manager.

The Geffen announcement was as you stated from my memory also though

Edited by BOSSY78
Added