kanye west cancels remainder of tour

action

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

There is a world of difference though between saying something in the context of bravado in a rap lyric, a genre characterised by it's over-inflated proclamations of ones own prodigious talent in whatever regard and then sitting down with an interviewer and actually arguing the point with them...and getting quite heated while doing it, I've never seen Jay Z or Tupac or Biggie Smalls do that, not ever.  

And what is that difference tho? You like your art and your artist served seperately?

and i think you have the double standard. you know i used to think you were kinda cool but certain things i have read and seen you do has changed that. i have stated i have almost crippling panic attacks and you have just triggered a HUGE one. you are coming off as sad, like trying to make people "love" Kanye the way you do. ignore meet Dan H.!!!

He is a dickhead, but the reason you hate him is that you don't like his music, and pop culture tells you that its okay to hate him.

I find that awfully patronising as a statement, i dislike who i dislike and i like who i like, a lot of what i like musically or even culturally is considered like...plankton on an artistic level (I'm a Monkees fan for crying out loud, i own Hermans Hermits albums :lol: ) and i like who i like and there is no pop culture barometer by which these things are measured.  Fuck, I'm 33 years old, i don't even think I'm aware enough about contemporary culture for that to apply.  

Shit you like Oasis len. Talk about nobheads :lol:

Definitely, agreed :lol:  Even they don't even mildly approach what Kanye is about.

2 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

And what is that difference tho? You like your art and your artist served seperately?

The difference is that one is being serious and the other isn't.  And one makes one a dickhead and the other doesn't necessarily.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan H. said:

Alright alright, I'll drop it :lol:

On the flipside though perhaps it's a generation gap thing, perhaps I'm not meant to understand this shit.  It's worth noting that my day was what, 20 years ago? People that were contemporary then like Tupac and Nirvana etc are like Grandad music now.  Perhaps the generation before thought Tupac was a dickhead (and in many ways you could argue that he was) just like i think Kanye is (you have no idea how much it pained me to type that :lol: ).  My days been and gone in that regard and I'm happy with that, I've always kinda listened to music in a bubble anyway but my opinions are my opinions and they will stand and will be expressed and I'm not saying that the aforementioned is all necessarily true but it's important to have an awareness of such possibilities lest you end up being a dickhead yourself :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Len, AFR, sorry for getting condescending. I usually post in the Politics thread and we get a little bogus in there, so I think it just carries over.

Also; hate for people to find this out firsthand, but I'm kindof an asshole. 

Come now Daniel, lets not get all self analytical, it's late and we've all had a spliff :lol:  Well, I'm willing to bet me and you have :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

just to make things clear.

I'm making no fun of him being bi-polar. in fact I didn't even know he was! all I know is he canceled his concert. yes, I'm guilty, I've only read the headlines and thought something similar along the lines of "well he should just cancel his entire career" but I let the people make up their own mind.

I AM making fun of him as a performer and a person though. He is a revolting creature who has claims to be god, among other inane ramblings. as a performer, he utterly sucks. Has butchered bohemian rhapsody to the point of it making internet meme status. There is no defence possible for this piece of trash.

I'm also bi polar. I learned to deal with it. You wont see me claiming to be god on  here (but if I were, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

There is a world of difference though between saying something in the context of bravado in a rap lyric, a genre characterised by it's over-inflated proclamations of ones own prodigious talent in whatever regard and then sitting down with an interviewer and actually arguing the point with them...and getting quite heated while doing it, I've never seen Jay Z or Tupac or Biggie Smalls do that, not ever.  

like i have said i like some Kanye..well at the moment all i can think of is Gold Digger. but when someone comes along and proclaims himself as the "New King" right after Michael Jackson had died. NOT saying MJ was perfect but really??

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

See heres the difference, Kanye has dinner with the president, Tupac gets attacked by VP Dan Quayle.  

Attacked. Pushed to get his albums off store shelves. Labeled all sorts of stuff. I think he was called a menace or something close. And Pac stayed on Clinton's ass, heard him call him out a couple of times.

25 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Attacked. Pushed to get his albums off store shelves. Labeled all sorts of stuff. I think he was called a menace or something close. And Pac stayed on Clinton's ass, heard him call him out a couple of times.

I believe Dan Quayle said 'this mans music has no place in our society'.

'Bill Clinton, Mr Bob Dole, you're too old to understand the way the game told'

'Bill Clinton can you picture a n!gga representin', doin' 20 to life in San Quentin'

'Dear Miss Delores Tucker, you keep stressin' me, fuckin' with a m'fucka mind, so i figure you wanted to know why we call dem hoes bitch.  It ain't personal, strictly business baby, strictly business' :lol:

Ohhhh Lord i miss that mad bastard.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1