What are you getting people for christmas?

john lennon

3 minutes ago, john lennon said:

I doubt they care about me being a good sister at this point ha! I did call my 11 y/o brother yesterday and asked him what he wants for christmas, so I've got an answer there n now I just have to get my ass to town and get it, but I still haven't got any idea what to get the 13 y/o or the 10 y/o. I guess for the 13 y/o I could just get him a gift card or something because at that age they're so hard to get shit for anyway? 

Also I'm starting to have second thoughts on getting my 18 y/o brother a bottle of booze as a joke cos it may or may not ruin christmas for everyone when them parents find out about that :lol: But I figure he's 18 so he can legally go to the pub, right? Then what could it hurt if he has a bottle of booze? 

How many siblings do you have? For a 13 year old it all depends on whether they are a childish 13 or a more mature 13. A gift card is always a safe, if boring bet. I'm sorry if I am not very helpful, but unfortunately there is not much to get children.

I solved the problem very easily. They get a WII U (we already have a ps4), cause I want to play Mario. :lol:

Also ninetendo has more games for small kids, certainly for my daughters. So a WII U (bought it second hand) and some games. Some colorbooks, they also get a real book each and I am done. My kids are spoiled rotten, I admit.

I decided a couple of years ago, to just buy one big gift for all for christmas. We already have another holiday on december 5th and they get toys than as well. Last year they got the ps4 for christmas, this year the WII U. 

Older kids like giftcards, there isn't much to give them after an certain age, they are most happy with cards.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

How many siblings do you have? For a 13 year old it all depends on whether they are a childish 13 or a more mature 13. A gift card is always a safe, if boring bet. I'm sorry if I am not very helpful, but unfortunately there is not much to get children.

I've six younger siblings ugh

so i have this traditional annual Christmas Eve party for my relatives and friends (  my nephews who live close by and very close friends. ) i do a cocktail/hors d'oeuvres type thing. i provide two specialty drinks....one an apple cider spiked with rum and butterscotch schnapps kept warm in one of my slow cookers then a winding down drink...i call it the world's best cocoa! Godiva milk chocolate liqueur and irish cream. people who want more do the BYOB think and share with everyone. in fact we kind of have a contest on who makes the best cocktail...it's Christmas Eve so we generally call it a tie :D

i serve everything from the semi-upscale sun dried tomato spread i make with basil, a great parm and pinenuts to frozen pizza rolls! and an assortment of spiced nuts and chips n dip to nibble on. for sweets i have 3-4 kinds of cookies, all kinds of candy- my homemade microwave pralines and fudge and store bought Lindor milk chocolate truffles. 

it's really fun. what do y'all do on Christmas Eve? :D

• Like 2

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

I can get addicted to those, my favorites...also the dark chocolate ones:P

i'm not a dark chocolate fan but oooooh those milk chocolate ones.  i let them melt my tongue and ooooooh wow....almost as good as sex :P

i saw Godiva chocolates today and almost caved...but they only had 5 in the box and the only flavor i liked was the strawberry creme so i had to pass.... :(

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

wow....almost as good as sex

Yep almost....

I am getting really pissed off at my son, or worried about him, been trying to reach him since Wednesday to see if he got his Christmas packages I mailed him. Won't answer the phone or reply to texts. Either his bitch girlfriend has the phone or something's wrong. We are close so I don't get it. I saw she posted some crap on Facebook about having drama in your life... wtf???

On 15/12/2016 at 7:55 AM, PappyTron said:

Be creative, for 80 quid you can get em a ride in a helicopter or something.  Or a speedboat down the Thames, i did that for my niece and she loved it.  Kids like mental shit...a bill which i fit admirably :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Be creative, for 80 quid you can get em a ride in a helicopter or something.  Or a speedboat down the Thames, i did that for my niece and she loved it.  Kids like mental shit...a bill which i fit admirably :D

speedboat down the Thames sounds cool...does it go by the Tower of London and where they used to display the severed heads of those who were beheaded??

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

speedboat down the Thames sounds cool...does it go by the Tower of London and where they used to display the severed heads of those who were beheaded??

It goes by all sorts of shit...they switch on all this James Bond music and suddenly start going really fast, its pretty fun.  Took her to the London Dungeons too...which aint the actual Dungeons, it's like a...theme parkey sort of thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i wanna see the gruesome stuff! but yeah probably not good for a kid :lol:

i love going fast in boats...that was a cool gift for your niece :)

Id never been in one before so i was being a bit of a snide really, getting her in on it but i could have a go too :lol:  I'm the best Uncle in the world, its a great role too cuz u get to do all the fun stuff you get the love for and leave the parents with the hard day to day shit.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It goes by all sorts of shit...they switch on all this James Bond music and suddenly start going really fast, its pretty fun.  Took her to the London Dungeons too...which aint the actual Dungeons, it's like a...theme parkey sort of thing.

The one with all the actors in it and Jack The Ripper at then end? I was petrified in there, we went to a Chinese Buffet afterwards and I couldn't eat anything because of how they described cutting people's stomachs open and spilling their guts into a fire and then putting it in their mouths as they died. Couldn't eat noodles after that! :lol:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Q2JKz.jpg

A handful of sweeties for £35 from my mate Presuming Ed. Kaftan not included.

my horrid ex had a boat and we sped around on the local lake a lot.once we were pulled over for speeding and we had an underage girl with us drunk out of her mind puking her guts out over the side of the boat and also having a hard time keeping her boobs from falling out. oh and we had a keg of beer in the back...we threw a tarp over it but i am still amazed we got away with just a warning :lol:

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The one with all the actors in it and Jack The Ripper at then end? I was petrified in there, we went to a Chinese Buffet afterwards and I couldn't eat anything because of how they described cutting people's stomachs open and spilling their guts into a fire and then putting it in their mouths as they died. Couldn't eat noodles after that! :lol:

yikes! that would take my appetite away too! :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

my horrid ex had a boat and we sped around on the local lake a lot.once we were pulled over for speeding and we had an underage girl with us drunk out of her mind puking her guts out over the side of the boat and also having a hard time keeping her boobs from falling out. oh and we had a keg of beer in the back...we threw a tarp over it but i am still amazed we got away with just a warning :lol:

yikes! that would take my appetite away too! :lol:

That was just at the beginning of the dungeon too lol there were lots of other gruesome punishments they used to dish out too. It made me feel ill :lol:

• Like 1