Bob Dylan triple album of American standards 31st March

Len Cnut

I'm definitely interested also, been revisiting albums like Infidels, Love and Theft, Time Out of Mind & Tempest lately and loving them just as much as the classics, like Blonde on Blonde & Another Side of Bob Dylan

Gotta admire him still being a workaholic between touring and recording at 75, lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gackt said:

Three years, third album of just mostly Sinatra covers; I get that Bobby's at the point in his career now where he can just do whatever he wants, but I'm sure there's still some songwriting talent left in him..

I thought that Time Out Of Mind, Love And Theft, Modern Times, Together Through Life and Tempest were all stellar albums. That's a brilliant run. But I'm not a fan of his last 2 albums. So I'm pretty skeptical for this one too. Interested, but not getting my hopes up. I hope the arrangements are being kept simple. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

No songs sit well with Dylan's voice. The guy can't sing a note.

And its still glorious when he sings, i love voices like that, if Pop Idol etc has proved anything its that a voice, in the typical hits all the notes sense, dont really mean shit, its just a happy coincidence, theres checkout operators working Sainsburys right now that have probably got a 'good voice'...but a Bob Dylan or a Johnny Lydon, or rather the ability to really convey emotion is whats key and Bobby does that and then some.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not anti 'proper singing', I love Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, any number of 'proper singing' voices...I just think the ability to convey emotion and character  comes first, in which sense Darby Crash from The Germs is as good a singer as anybody out there on his day...of which there are admittedly few lately seeing as how hes stone dead but thats a different kettle of worms altogether :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Dylan is absolute genius and can do whatever he wants. I'm a bit behind on his releases (the last I really delved into was Love and Theft).

Time Out of Mind through Tempest are essential albums to listen to, IMO; Dylan found a serious creative spark in his mid-50's that I hope he finds again someday