GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They said the money isn't the only reason Izzy isn't there, it's also because Axl and Slash think he wouldn't be able to play well enough. 

Then they made some stupid comments.

Who are those people? :confused:

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Surely they would've announced Aus dates before Euro dates though? Weird they wouldn't do it that way but they did also tell Aus they'd be back. 

Troll forum was funny, they just came up with a stupid lie about why Izzy isn't there and now this :lol:

And I can't see them taking 6 months off.  Because taking 6 months off is the logical thing to do, Guns will do the opposite of what is logical.  That's how they are.  They'll take December off and probably head out to Aus for mid Jan or late Jan - that's still summer holiday time in that part of the world.  Anyway, that's my hair brain prediction. :lol:

I'll have to take a look at troll forum later for a laugh.  I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy made an appearance this time round.  There's two ways this could go, but one of the ways is that Axl, Slash and Duff are in a happy zone atm and will reach out to Izzy again.  I can see Izzy liking the fact he can walk on, walk off the tour as it were and not have to commit to a massive set of dates. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes logic doesn't live in GnR land :lol:

Im really fucking excited about this tour leg for some reason, way more excited than I was for London. 

Weird. 

So am I!

I think it's because we know now that the whole thing is not a sham and that they are in this because they are enjoying themselves?  Whereas before, there was so much skepticism and we didn't know how long they would last or if there was drama happening behind the scenes.  Especially regarding Axl/Slash.  I'm super confident that those two are genuine friends now.  :wub:   

Also a bonus, there'll be more gossip and social media shenanigans to discuss in the WT for the next year. lol

• Like 1

Nice review of the Chicago gig:

http://uproxx.com/music/guns-n-roses-live-review-listen-to-this-eddie/4/

I like (and agree with) this quote from it:

I’d also like to add for the detractors and skeptics out there crying “cash-in,” you don’t spend four hours in front of a crowd for a paycheck. You don’t stuff your encore with six different songs for a paycheck. You don’t expend the kind of sweat or physical energy required to put on a show of this caliber for a paycheck. Guns N’ Roses could more than easily play a majority of the songs off Appetite For Destruction, a few Use Your Illusion tracks, give Slash a few minutes to bust out his take on the theme from The Godfather, and call it a night after an hour and a half — and sell just as many tickets as they would otherwise. Maybe I’m being too sentimental, but as I watched Slash do a full-on handstand after showering the front row in guitar picks at the end of the show, I couldn’t help but feel like these guys really do live for this sh*t.

• GNFNR 4

1 hour ago, Sekh-met said:

We will! Front row :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hide contents

A3bhs8Z.gif

No way I will sit on my ass and stuff myself! I will be hungry, dehydrated and wild! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Guitar pics, here I gooooo :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Edited by Alja
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sekh-met said:

Yep one is not enough :ph34r: Will go to Poland too because this time it is not that far ..and hmm will think about Leipzig :P But for now I will buy the 2 shows in the presale and will see next year if I can do more.

Yiss! :headbang: And Axl better brings the stolen pen and returns it to @Hejanne

The Polish city is too far for me :max:. You definitely need to come to Leipzig. I wanted to go to Firenze because it's Italy (which is never too far :wub:) and it's around my b-day but who knows :ph34r:.

Now I only need Axl to give me a nice job so that I can afford all the shows and travelling. :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

The Polish city is too far for me :max:. You definitely need to come to Leipzig. I wanted to go to Firenze because it's Italy (which is never too far :wub:) and it's around my b-day but who knows :ph34r:.

Now I only need Axl to give me a nice job so that I can afford all the shows and travelling. :smiley-confused2:

Ah yes it is :( Leipzig is not the easiest place for me to get to but I will consider that one.  Firenze also sounds good but hell no idea atm :lol: 
Hope they add some more shows..something close to the hole I live in please :rofl-lol:

Edit: I need a job like that too..Axl? You listening?! :bitchfight:

Edited by Sekh-met

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

What fears? The crowd? 

Yeah, kinda. I saw nuGnR at Download 2006 which wasn't the most "positive" experience... :scared:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_5294.PNG.00df1c34447b5a0189766bf53e0159a7.PNG

That's adorable... :rofl-lol:

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Yeah, kinda. I saw nuGnR at Download 2006 which wasn't the most "positive" experience... :scared:

I know what you mean. I went in 03 and spent the whole of Marilyn Mansons set being crushed and my feet not touching the floor and nobody cared about the obvious crushing in the crowd. The hostile environment and those ridiculous bottle fights don't help anything...

I've been since and it wasn't so bad but I will never ever go into the pit again there. 

24 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I know what you mean. I went in 03 and spent the whole of Marilyn Mansons set being crushed and my feet not touching the floor and nobody cared about the obvious crushing in the crowd. The hostile environment and those ridiculous bottle fights don't help anything...

I've been since and it wasn't so bad but I will never ever go into the pit again there. 

I went to Leeds festival many years ago and this happened to me which put me off going in pits completely. Several thousand people trying to rock out to Slipknot is not a good time:no: Someone also threw a bottle of pee at my head which is funny to think of now but was the worst thing ever at the time 😂. 

Did anyone see the videos of Melissa singing at the basketball game the crew all went to? Think she sounds quite good!

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

My husband just heard the news at work and he sent me this text message 

IMG_5294.PNG.00df1c34447b5a0189766bf53e0159a7.PNG

:facepalm:

Aww...that is so lovely.  Lol at Izzy's spelling and I also love his optimism - this man is a keeper. ;)  What a sweetheart!  You're lucky to have someone to share the good GNR news with. 

1 hour ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

I went to Leeds festival many years ago and this happened to me which put me off going in pits completely. Several thousand people trying to rock out to Slipknot is not a good time:no: Someone also threw a bottle of pee at my head which is funny to think of now but was the worst thing ever at the time 😂. 

Did anyone see the videos of Melissa singing at the basketball game the crew all went to? Think she sounds quite good!

Eeeek...you're not selling this Download festival to me. :nervous: I haven't been to an actual music festival since I was in my doc marten wearing 20s. (I still wear Docs but not to festivals! lol).  I'm a bit scared to go I think!

I saw Melissa vid.  She's not my cup of tea but I can see how she might appeal to the younger generation and she sounds very modern and hip. lol 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Aww...that is so lovely.  Lol at Izzy's spelling and I also love his optimism - this man is a keeper. ;)  What a sweetheart!  You're lucky to have someone to share the good GNR news with. 

Eeeek...you're not selling this Download festival to me. :nervous: I haven't been to an actual music festival since I was in my doc marten wearing 20s. (I still wear Docs but not to festivals! lol).  I'm a bit scared to go I think!

I saw Melissa vid.  She's not my cup of tea but I can see how she might appeal to the younger generation and she sounds very modern and hip. lol 

Yeah, he'll do :lol:

----

Look out for the bottles at Donny ( just ask MCR :lol:) and stay out of the pits and you should be just fine :) 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

That is horrendous!! Why are they booing them?  Poor guys.  I loved MCR.  They were bloody good. Do you think the will happen to GNR???

Because the crowd at Download can be really mean :lol:

If there's a band nobody wants they get bottled like that and everyone turns their back on them or sticks their middle finger up lol. 

It won't happen to GnR as long as they're on time and Axl doesn't have a hissy fit like last time.

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders