GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 minutes ago, dgnr said:

The shirt is that 'Touch me. Feel me' he wore in 2016, right @Andy14? One can play with it, so nice choice. The jacket...lol...if it's Izzy jacket he can't rock that. No way, Rose :max:

:P 

Pah! :max:Izzy’s coat was cheetah! :ph34r: But ...what was Joan Collins's coat like? Was that a tiger? 

Edited by Tori72

21 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I think all artists are entitled to speak their minds politically and otherwise. As everyone else is too. I don’t get the problem people have with politically thinking artists. I understand why duff is mad. That fan was rude. This is not about music this is about politics. Because there is no bloody connection between the two things.

You really think this guy is mad because of "politics"? :lol:

It boils his blood (just like the rest of GN'R and their minions) that people ask him about NEW MUSIC, because you know, that's something really fucked up to ask about and Duff "talking" politics is LOL.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It boils his blood (just like the rest of GN'R and their minions) that people ask him about NEW MUSIC, because you know, that's something really fucked up to ask about and Duff "talking" politics is LOL.

That's must be the reason....:facepalm:

28 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don’t think so. The fan didn’t just ask for new music. He connected it to Duff speaking out on politics. I would get mad at that too. I don’t care how informed or elegant or intellectual  Duff speaks right now.  (I think he’s doing fine considering he’s not a politician or intellectual but a rock musician speaking his personal beliefs) You just don’t tell anyone to stf up, it’s rude.

maybe duff would still feel uncomfortable when seriously asked for new music. Likely. Still we can’t judge upon that front this reply.

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

maybe duff would still feel uncomfortable when seriously asked for new music. Likely. Still we can’t judge upon that front this reply.

The fan comment wasn't certainly nice but the tone wasn't vulgar or aggressive. More like sarcastic. And Duff's response shows an overreaction to that, which is kind of odd in him, he's usually a cool guy.

It made me wonder what set him off so much, and I doubt it is just the fan telling him to stop commenting on politics and "go do what you're meant to do".

Unless Duff takes himself too much seriously regarding politics and he thinks his knowledge is above the rest, which is not, as he's demostrated in those "columns" he used to write.

Since he doesn't have ANYTHING to respond regarding NEW MUSIC and his job as a musician, he gets mad because the fan put the finger in the wound.

Edited by killuridols

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

It made me wonder what set him off so much, and I doubt it is just the fan telling him to stop commenting on politics and "go do what you're meant to do".

I wonder about that, too. He usually doesn’t get off on twitter like that.In those interviews I heard with him he seemed to be mostly laid back. This is how Axl comes across in his interviews from the 80s or 90s, too. lol

We will never know what it was. Also we’re free to assume whatever we please. I can imagine him feeling uncomfortable having to answer the new music question but I doubt it would make him that defensive. I guess in his and the other Stooges’s minds only touring is a fair thing to do. No need doing 2 things at the same time.

I can imagine getting angry and defensive about speaking their minds because whenever Duff tweets something more socially or politically critical there are posters who tell him off and "do what a musician is supposed to do" etc. 

---

I have an Izzy related question for all of you more deeply informed GnR fans out there. Do we know if Izzy owed the record company a record after he left GnR? I recently wondered if he had to do the Ju Ju Hounds record or if it was his „free will“. @Blackstar do you happen to know anything about that? :heart:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I have an Izzy related question for all of you more deeply informed GnR fans out there. Do we know if Izzy owed the record company a record after he left GnR? I recently wondered if he had to do the Ju Ju Hounds record or if it was his „free will“. @Blackstar do you happen to know anything about that? :heart:

No, he didn't owe them. From what I've read (in Slash's book and maybe elsewhere too), their contract with Geffen included a potential solo album by each member. But it was a right, not an obligation.

I think Izzy wanted to make that album and it came organically, so to speak. He was sitting in Indiana, he started writing songs, then he started jamming with the other guys. He also had endorsement from Alan Niven and the security that Geffen would release it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

No, he didn't owe them. From what I've read (in Slash's book and maybe elsewhere too), their contract with Geffen included a potential solo album by each member. But it was a right, not an obligation.

I think Izzy wanted to make that album and it came organically, so to speak. He was sitting in Indiana, he started writing songs, then he started jamming with the other guys. He also had endorsement from Alan Niven and the security that Geffen would release it.

Thank you. Yes, I read that too. But I wondered if the motivation starting to write music and looking out for a band was otherwise influenced than just being creative and wanting it. What does that mean, " He also had endorsement from Alan Niven and the security that Geffen would release it.“ Like Niven told the record company to release it? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What does that mean, " He also had endorsement from Alan Niven and the security that Geffen would release it.“ Like Niven told the record company to release it? 

No, I meant it more as support, both moral and professional, as manager.

8 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I can imagine getting angry and defensive about speaking their minds because whenever Duff tweets something more socially or politically critical there are posters who tell him off and "do what a musician is supposed to do" etc. 

Well, I got that impression from the tweet that he quoted and I wasn't really thinking or reading the rest of the tweets.... I mean, I don't think the fan told him this because he was particularly speaking his mind about something and that fan has the opposite view. I think the fan was just telling him to talk about something that people who follow his account are interested about, because seriously, who would follow Duff for "political" reasons?

It looks to me that he flipped out because he has absolutely nothing to say regarding new music and it shows.

I can’t believe that after lurking for so long that my first post is about some dumb t shirts lol.

All of them are cringy, and it really bugs me when people hijack “Not today, Satan” - as far as I know that phrase came to light when a drag queen said it on RuPaul’s drag race. Why is Duff basically putting his name on that phrase and selling it? 

Would anyone really buy any of the newest shirts? Like who’s buying them? Is he actually making money off this? 

(I hope this doesn’t sound like I’m talking shit about Duff omg)

• Like 3

“The environment there is definitely ‘SLASH,’” says KENNEDY of Snakepit Studios. “It’s got a lot of the things that over the years I’ve come to equate with him—dinosaurs, pinball machines, photos of guitar players like Rory Gallagher and Keith Richards on the walls, stuff like that. It’s a vibey hang. It was good for the creative process.”

To demonstrate just how good for the creative process it was, KENNEDY points to the lyrics to one new song, “Serve You Right,” which he says were partly inspired by a painting hanging on the bathroom wall at the Snakepit–“a picture of this kind of devilish nun,” he says. “That’s the only way I can describe it.”

“It’s actually a masturbating nun,” SLASH clarifies, then laughs. “I’ve never talked to Myles about it, but the lyrics he came up with for that song, which are insanely suggestive for him, I knew they were influenced by that picture.”

https://wellmonttheater.com/shows/slash-featuring-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/

:lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

On 19/07/2018 at 7:56 PM, dgnr said:

The shirt is that 'Touch me. Feel me' he wore in 2016, right @Andy14? One can play with it, so nice choice. The jacket...lol...if it's Izzy jacket he can't rock that. No way, Rose :max:

:P 

Bit late to this topic but I'm sure I remember him having a tiger jacket (shiny satin with embroidered tiger on the back) around 2006 when he had the cornrows. I guess this means he still has it?