Argentina in october confirmed

If that is true it reflects poorly on the South Americans. The Who are one of the seminal bands. Guns N' Roses should be honoured to have been granted the merest of fifteen minute opening slots by such as Rodge and Pete.

6 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Except for ticket sales, clearly, which is why The Who need to play with them instead of doing a tour on their own. They can't do a tour on their own in South America. Guns are the bigger band, they don't need any band on the bill to sell tickets in these markets, same cannot be said for The Who.

Sorry, so The Who who have sold tens of millions of records aren't bigger than GnR, The Who who were playing football stadiums when GnR were toddlers, The Who who have some of the biggest selling rock albums of all time, The Who who played The Superbowl half time show are not as big a band than Guns n Roses?  Lets be clear about this, GnR are big in South America, which is about the only place they are bigger than The Who, until they got Duff and Slash back they were having trouble filling arenas in their own country so lets not be silly here eh?  And lets not forget, The Who have been without original members since 1978.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

If a 'GN'R show' consisted of a lavatory on stage, with the oversized behind of W. Axl Rose, locked in agonising constipation, perched on top, the South Americans would not only pay to see this spectacle but queue up to buy the VIP laminated toilet paper. When discussing South American and Guns N' Roses we enter areas where all sense, taste and reasoning is lost. Heck, they'd probably see that show if the protagonist was DJ Ashba.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Sorry, so The Who who have sold tens of millions of records aren't bigger than GnR, The Who who were playing football stadiums when GnR were toddlers, The Who who have some of the biggest selling rock albums of all time, The Who who played The Superbowl half time show are not as big a band than Guns n Roses?  Lets be clear about this, GnR are big in South America, which is about the only place they are bigger than The Who, until they got Duff and Slash back they were having trouble filling arenas in their own country so lets not be silly here eh?

In 2017, the Who cannot do a stadium tour in South American on their own. The last tour they tried to put together had to be cancelled due to low ticket sales. Not sure what The Superbowl half time show or album sales have to do with them playing in South America? But GN'R have sold just has many albums as The Who and had a much shorter career too (ya know, if you want to make this a pissing contest?). They are playing with GN'R because they want to tour and cannot do it without another band on the bill. No need to cry about it, it is what it is. It doesn't mean they suck or aren't rock legends, wind your neck in!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

If a 'GN'R show' consisted of a lavatory on stage, with the oversized behind of W. Axl Rose, locked in agonising constipation, perched on top, the South Americans would not only pay to see this spectacle but queue up to buy the VIP laminated toilet paper. When discussing South American and Guns N' Roses we enter areas where all sense, taste and reasoning is lost. Heck, they'd probably see that show if the protagonist was DJ Ashba.

You tend to get that in certain places where some bands begin to represent some sort of archetype of a particular culture to where people just flock to that shit.  

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If that is true it reflects poorly on the South Americans. The Who are one of the seminal bands. Guns N' Roses should be honoured to have been granted the merest of fifteen minute opening slots by such as Rodge and Pete.

Strange how that isn't reality then... don't ya think?

Just now, Len Cnut said:

You tend to get that in certain places where some bands begin to represent some sort of archetype of a particular culture to where people just flock to that shit.  

We are just as guilty. The British tend to have an irrational love of Queen and Elton!!

1 minute ago, MADDOGJONES said:

In 2017, the Who cannot do a stadium tour in South American on their own. The last tour they tried to put together had to be cancelled due to low ticket sales. Not sure what The Superbowl half time show or album sales have to do with them playing in South America? But GN'R have sold just has many albums as The Who and had a much shorter career too (ya know, if you want to make this a pissing contest?). They are playing with GN'R because they want to tour and cannot do it without another band on the bill. No need to cry about it, it is what it is. It doesn't mean they suck or aren't rock legends, wind your neck in!

Exactly. There's no way on earth The Who can sell out stadiums in South America right now. That's a fact (and that's the only reason why they're playing with GN'R)

Not sure what The Superbowl half time show or album sales have to do with them playing in South America?

Along with mentioning South America you also said, as a standalone statement, 'Guns are the bigger band', which is how The Superbowl is pertinent.

But GN'R have sold just has many albums as The Who and had a much shorter career too (ya know, if you want to make this a pissing contest?).

This is true but that doesn't invalidate all the other points I made which make The Who a bigger band. 

They are playing with GN'R because they want to tour and cannot do it without another band on the bill. No need to cry about it, it is what it is.

Right...in South America, which does not count as one being the bigger band over the other, which was what my point was.  Would you like me to walk you through it again? 

wind your neck in!

Oooooooooooooooo :lol:  

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

We are just as guilty. The British tend to have an irrational love of Queen and Elton!!

Well we've always had a thing for drag acts round these parts :lol:  Stick a geezer in a dress and we'll flock to it from miles around.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Along with mentioning South America you also said, as a standalone statement, 'Guns are the bigger band', which is how The Superbowl is pertinent.

This is true but that doesn't invalidate all the other points I made which make The Who a bigger band. 

Right...in South America, which does not count as one being the bigger band over the other, which was what my point was.  Would you like me to walk you through it again? 

Oooooooooooooooo :lol:  

I was talking about South America with the bigger band comment (since we're talking about a South American tour) but I would love to know in which country in the world The Who are a bigger draw than GN'R in 2017?

I was talking about South America with the bigger band comment

Right well you should've said so and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

since we're talking about a South American tour

And you'd said your bit about South America and then said 'Guns are the bigger band', which they're just not.

but I would love to know in which country in the world The Who are a bigger draw than GN'R in 2017?

Being the bigger draw in 2017 and being the bigger band overall are two different things though, aren't they?  I like how you've narrowed it down to 2017 to capitalise on the fact that Guns have just had a long awaited reunion and hardly play any fuckin' gigs and hence are likely to have some pretty massive ones, by that rationale The Stone Roses are a bigger band than The Who with the crowds they'll pull in, in the year The Who played the half time show Axl Rose was playing for socialites in fashion boutiques and getting bottled off the stage in Dublin.

Edited by Len Cnut

26 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

ets be clear about this, GnR are big in South America, which is about the only place they are bigger than The Who, until they got Duff and Slash back they were having trouble filling arenas in their own country so lets not be silly here eh?  And lets not forget, The Who have been without original members since 1978.

Guns last album outsold The Who’s last album in every singe territory in the world (including the uk!) and had only one original member, so lets not be silly here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Guns last album outsold The Who’s last album in every singe territory in the world (including the uk!) and had only one original member, so lets not be silly here.

Yeah...and it got fuckin' slated as well :lol:  The only reason that thing sold is cuz everyone wanted to know what the fuck ginger bollocks had been doing for 17 years...then when they found out, they wished they hadn't :lol:  To the point where he's had to eat his fuckin' words and reunion with a bloke he said he'd die before he reunited with to try and cobble together some fuckin' respect.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Right well you should've said so and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

And you'd said your bit about South America and then said 'Guns are the bigger band', which they're just not.

Being the bigger draw in 2017 and being the bigger band overall are two different things though, aren't they?  I like how you've narrowed it down to 2017 to capitalise on the fact that Guns have just had a long awaited reunion and hardly play any fuckin' gigs and hence are likely to have some pretty massive ones, by that rationale The Stone Roses are a bigger band than The Who with the crowds they'll pull in, in the year The Who played the half time show Axl Rose was playing for socialites in fashion boutiques and getting bottled off the stage in Dublin.

Huh? We're specifically talking about this tour, this tour that will take place in 2017! If you can't put clear words, sentences and paragraphs into context, then that's on you.

The Who need to tour with GN'R in South America because GN'R is the bigger band in South America. Is is true or is that bull shit? I don't give a flying fuck about the reasons for them being a bigger band in 2017, a fact is a fact.

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Can you please stop saying these things?

There are many people from South America in this forum and what you are saying is highly offensive and really really mean.

Have some respect for people of other countries, cultures and languages.

You could also benefit from travelling a bit more and stop acting like you are some sort of elite, because clearly you are not.

The fact that you are in a GUNS N' ROSES forum, making fun of them and making fun of their fans, speaks volumes of who you truly are: a poser.

Yes, that is me summarised, stuck here in my one patch of the earth in my monolingual lonesome.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah...and it got fuckin' slated as well :lol:  The only reason that thing sold is cuz everyone wanted to know what the fuck ginger bollocks had been doing for 17 years...then when they found out, they wished they hadn't :lol:  To the point where he's had to eat his fuckin' words and reunion with a bloke he said he'd die before he reunited with to try and cobble together some fuckin' respect.

Yeah, we get it, Guns N Roses are a terrible band and any success they have is always for some other reason. The album only sold because of x, y, z, the tour is only popular because of this or that. Your neck must be getting tired.

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

And everywhere in the world, I didn't see them play Wembley stadium. The Who is old fucking band, they aren't the Stones to go after 50 years and still fill the stadiums. So their tour is fucking disaster and embarrassment. Their music is shit and it didn't stand test of the time AC/DC is almost 45 years, Aerosmith 46 years and they still can fill the stadium without any problem wherever the fuck they want so stop defending the band that should've ended in 1982 and never came back.

• Like 1

Huh? We're specifically talking about this tour, this tour that will take place in 2017!

Right but there was also a broader conversation going on about who was the bigger band, which you waded into the middle of, so you'll have to endeavour to try and be clearer about things in future.

The Who need to tour with GN'R in South America because GN'R is the bigger band in South America. Is is true or is that bull shit?

I couldn't say, wouldn't suprise me if it was true though.

I don't give a flying fuck about the reasons for them being a bigger band in 2017, a fact is a fact.

Well i feel it's relevant, which is why i made a point of it.  

Yeah, we get it, Guns N Roses are a terrible band and any success they have is always for some other reason. The album only sold because of x, y, z, the tour is only popular because of this or that. Your neck must be getting tired.

No, I'll give them every respect in the world for what they achieved with Appetite, Illusions, that whole era was fantastic...but if you think Chinese Democracys record sales are anything at all to do with anything but the fact people were just curious to see what ginger bollocks had been up to for 17 years then you're mental.  And don't take my word for it, read some of the reviews it got.  I suppose I made those up as well yeah?  The reason you're getting all tarty about it is cuz you know its true :lol:

6 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

The Who need to tour with GN'R in South America because GN'R is the bigger band in South America. Is is true or is that bull shit? I don't give a flying fuck about the reasons for them being a bigger band in 2017, a fact is a fact.

It is true.

Now, why are these british people so mad at the fact that The Who aren't big in SouthAmerica? :question:

It makes no sense all the insults they've thrown here and there, as if The Who reputation depended on that.

I don't deny that they are an influential band and very popular at other places..... but if they are SO POPULAR and big at other countries, then show the numbers!

What is the last place, stadium they've played and what was the attendance?

No one is talking about that, instead they just want to blame latinamericans for their lack of popularity.

• Like 1

One of the things I've always liked about the GnR guys is that they acknowledged and honoured their influences, they helped other bands they liked and they've been humble and respectful towards the great bands that preceded them.

Of course GnR didn't need The Who or any other band to sell shows in SA and yes, The Who can't fill stadiums there (probably in other parts of the world as well) nowadays, but I'm sure Axl, Slash and Duff feel honoured to play with them.

• Like 1

GN'R are just enjoying the flush of the Axl and Slash rejoining. That will certainly dissipate and you will be left with an arena act - much like The Who infact (who I am critical of also for continuing without the Ox and Moon). But the nuts and bolts of the argument, seeing neither are functional bands in the album releasing sense, should be The Who '60s and '70s v Guns 1987-93. The Who win by a resounding victory.

We are dealing with legacy acts here. Who then has the better legacy?

I'll apply one argument. Albums. Guns have one masterpiece (Appetite). Well The Who have four or five (My Generation, Tommy, Quad, Who's Next). I could also continue with their positioning as live acts. The Who blew everyone away at Woodstock. The Who blew everyone away at Isle of Wight. The Who just came second at Monterey (or joint first if you want to argue their corner) to Jimi bloody Hendrix. The Who destroyed The Stones on their own show (the Rock and Roll Circus) that Jagger chucked it in a vault for forty years. May I point out that I am a bigger Stones fan than Who?

That is who you are discussing here with The Who, an act who were competing alongside Hendrix, Stones, Beatles etc - and often came out on top.

It is just a different plateau from Guns N' Roses.