Argentina in october confirmed

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why don't they play big stadiums like the Stones then?

Maybe they just don't want to do all that work? Promote it, set all up themselves etc.  I'm sure if they really wanted to they could still fill stadiums by themselves at least in US and Europe

22 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

The Who is shit, GNR is bigger and better. Limp Bizkit covered The Who and sounded better, if that's not rock bottom I don't know what it is

Sorry, no! Just no!

The Who is a legend, GN'R is far away from that!

Edited by Zurimor
the usual typos....

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

This thread.

One thing is for sure, south american people have terrible taste in music.

The Who is rock royalty. GnR are peasant compared to them.

I agree with the second part of this post, but not the first one.

Taste is so subjective, whatever you like, it's a good taste for you. ;)

P.S.: Thanks to this thread I'm enjoying Quadrophenia right now. :)

P.P.S: comment on youtube "we children of the 60's and 70's sure had a goldmine....who knew at the time that, that would be as good as it would get....so blessed "

Yeah, quite some truth in it, the 60s/70s rocked!

Edited by Zurimor

Just now, Zurimor said:

I agree with the second part of this post, but not the first one.

Taste is so subjective, whatever you like, it's a good taste for you. :)

Well maybe I was being too easy. The band is strutting about there like they own it. Because their way to elevate the statut and the legacy of the band, in the name of the 'reunion', is sharing the bill with juggernaut old rock bands in South America. It's The Who lite, Alice Cooper but with Def Leppard and Bon Jovi next door. There is not much left, they're all business partners on that continent.

With The Who, it's reasonable to say it's only equal in the context of nostalgia, strike while it's hot. Probably one day they will try and get hold of Van Halen or Aerosmith for profit maximization. It's a progressive downfall, and I think it's pathetic. GnR hasn't done enough. I wish GnR would operate more like Metallica, but that's just the way you treat your fans.

47 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Well maybe I was being too easy. The band is strutting about there like they own it. Because their way to elevate the statut and the legacy of the band, in the name of the 'reunion', is sharing the bill with juggernaut old rock bands in South America. It's The Who lite, Alice Cooper but with Def Leppard and Bon Jovi next door. There is not much left, they're all business partners on that continent.

With The Who, it's reasonable to say it's only equal in the context of nostalgia, strike while it's hot. Probably one day they will try and get hold of Van Halen or Aerosmith for profit maximization. It's a progressive downfall, and I think it's pathetic. GnR hasn't done enough. I wish GnR would operate more like Metallica, but that's just the way you treat your fans.

I still don't agree. ;)

24 minutes ago, Padme said:

Horrible taste in music? South America is the probably the only place in the world where there is still a chance for rock to matter. Unlike the U.S. and Europe where teens only listen to whatever is trendy. Rock is not as big as it used to be

Pretty true although that isn't a bad thing per se. There's so much good music in so many genres, even I don't listen only to rock although it's probably pretty well over 50%. ;)

1 hour ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

I thought the who are from the same generation and cut from the same cloth as Led Zeppelin? :lol: just listened to them on YouTube and they sound more like a 60s hippy band than hard rock legends as their purported to be. Or am I listening to the wrong stuff? 

Listen to Whos Next and Quadrophenia

12 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

This butthurt british made my day ? Yeah, The Who is a legendary band and GN'R are honored to play with them. But it's 2017 and The Who can't even play in my backyard. They need GN'R to play stadiums and not the other way round.

Also, no need to bash Southamerica. We aren't retarded, we know about music just like you. The only difference is that we appreciate your own artists more than you do. The Who can't even sell out stadiums in Europe, so cut  the "southamericans dont count cuz they are retard and they would be there if DJ Ashba was playing" bullshit.

:D

8 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

This thread.

One thing is for sure, south american people have terrible taste in music.

The Who is rock royalty. GnR are peasant compared to them.

So what should SA listen to, according to your superior taste in music?

And why does everybody assume that only rock draw big audiences in here?

You are all completely mistaken.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

:D

Congrats! This must be one of the most ignorant posts I think I've ever read in this forum :facepalm:

Here's another video for you, but I'm not sure you'll get it, and you not speaking Spanish is def the minor reason for it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, solstar said:

Congrats! This must be one of the most ignorant posts I think I've ever read in this forum :facepalm:

Here's another video for you, but I'm not sure you'll get it, and you not speaking Spanish is def the minor reason for it

:wow:

Are you serious? An American top singer plays a rendition of a song written by a Latinamerican artist, to be more exact, an Argentinian one?

How is that possible? This Bruce Springsteen guy has such a bad taste and got the nerve to lower himself to sing Latinamerican rock!! :facepalm:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:wow:

Are you serious? An American top singer plays a rendition of a song written by a Latinamerican artist, to be more exact, an Argentinian one?

How is that possible? This Bruce Springsteen guy has such a bad taste and got the nerve to lower himself to sing Latinamerican rock!! :facepalm:

Sorry out likes?