1970s Were the Best

Fitha_whiskey

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

it's about missing your childhood really innit.

It's definitely this. Or rather, being able to look back and appreciate how good some things really were, that you took for granted at the time.

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

cultural revolution etc, it happened for a reason, cuz things were pretty fuckin' grim.  Fuckin' pubs shutting early, lack of variety in food, not a lot in the way of entertainment, 2/3 telly channels, everythings basically shut after 5 or 6 on a Saturday

And this, I don't know. It kind of hearkens back to what I say above.. for instance Sundays, nothing was open Sundays..but with the perspective of today and how everyone is run ragged, looking back, was that really such a bad thing? It made people take some time to chill and rest, and recharge. Now there is no excuse not to Go Go Go all the time. So is that a good thing or a bad thing? It's all perspective, and it definitely changes when we get older and look back fondly :lol:

As for tv, yep as you guys were saying, who needs 100 channels when we had..

7 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Kojak or the Rockford Files? Columbo? It was the goddamn golden era of bad ass tv detectives,

these guys ^^ :lol:  And Quincy M.E., can't forget him!

56 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

It's definitely this. Or rather, being able to look back and appreciate how good some things really were, that you took for granted at the time.

And this, I don't know. It kind of hearkens back to what I say above.. for instance Sundays, nothing was open Sundays..but with the perspective of today and how everyone is run ragged, looking back, was that really such a bad thing? It made people take some time to chill and rest, and recharge. Now there is no excuse not to Go Go Go all the time. So is that a good thing or a bad thing? It's all perspective, and it definitely changes when we get older and look back fondly :lol:

As for tv, yep as you guys were saying, who needs 100 channels when we had..

these guys ^^ :lol:  And Quincy M.E., can't forget him!

Jack Klugman was a 70s institution in his own right!!! :lol:

Just now, Whiskey Rose said:

oh well, he had nice teeth and good hair. :lol:

And sorry, but this show needs to be mentioned..although maybe getting into 80's territory? ah well, early 80's rocked too.

Holy shit! You liked BJ and the Bear? I fuckin loved that show!!! I didn't think anybody else would've remembered that show! 👍👍👍

It was a great time for cricket. ''LILLEE LILLEE KILL KILL KILL''. Hair - lots of it. Moustaches. Perms. Everywhere you look on a cricket field. Very boozy also. Cricketers were necking back ''tinnys'' in the pavilion before going out to bat.

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It was a great time for cricket. ''LILLEE LILLEE KILL KILL KILL''. Hair - lots of it. Moustaches. Perms. Everywhere you look on a cricket field. Very boozy also. Cricketers were necking back ''tinnys'' in the pavilion before going out to bat.

Baseball was the same way... only shitty part about the 70s was the trend toward Astro turf fields. I'm glad we got away from that.

Dock Ellis pitched a no hitter in 1970 while literally tripping on acid... :lol: Cocaine and speed use was also out of control in the game. Sounds funny now, but I'm glad that trend got toned down. Not good for the game.