1970s Were the Best

Fitha_whiskey

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Even the 10s?

The 2000s seems to have little discernible identity. '90s?  Gazza's tears, Britpop and rave, garbage England cricket team, Trainspotting. 1980s? Big hair, shoulder pads, Dallas, Sunset Strip rock, West Indies, poll tax riots and unemployment. 1970s? Dinosaur rock bands. Golden age of heavyweights. Lillee and Thommo. 60s? Great music, mods, hippies, free festivals, free love. 50s? Teds, Elvis, rock n' roll, last great age of Hollywood.

Even 2010s I could make an argument for skinny jeans, weird male hairstyles, elderly presenters you used to watch being exposed as paedophiles and people filming everything with gadgets.

But 2000s? It is a mystery.'05 Ashes is the only thing I can think off. Roger Federer v Rafa epics maybe? 

The 2000's were about reality tv really. Big Brother started around 2002 then it was all the Pop Idol and XFactor shite.

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

Not for me, no spotify, no ipods, no thanks.

For real? I'm a fan of a lot of technical advances but I really think the record store & concert culture in the 70s far exceeds what we have now. I'd gladly giving portable digital music to get all that culture back.

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Even the 10s?

The 2000s seems to have little discernible identity. '90s?  Gazza's tears, Britpop and rave, garbage England cricket team, Trainspotting. 1980s? Big hair, shoulder pads, Dallas, Sunset Strip rock, West Indies, poll tax riots and unemployment. 1970s? Dinosaur rock bands. Golden age of heavyweights. Lillee and Thommo. 60s? Great music, mods, hippies, free festivals, free love. 50s? Teds, Elvis, rock n' roll, last great age of Hollywood.

Even 2010s I could make an argument for skinny jeans, weird male hairstyles, elderly presenters you used to watch being exposed as paedophiles and people filming everything with gadgets.

But 2000s? It is a mystery.'05 Ashes is the only thing I can think off. Roger Federer v Rafa epics maybe? 

As had as the 2010's are, the 2020's are going to be worse.

13 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

@janrichmond speaking of eating anything, was this tasty orange drink a staple in anyone else's fridge growing up? I wonder what it was actually made of lol.

Image result for tang images

It was consumed by Astronauts in space!  However, according to Buzz Aldrin:

kseiyNTl.jpg

I actually like it, but he said it here

I dont wanna know whats in it!!!

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

My gramma always had Tang at her house! I'd ride my bike over there, she'd make me a glass of Tang and put some peanut butter on Ritz crackers for me... :)

Gotta love grammas! See, everyone had Tang lol. It was peanut butter on saltines for us. :)

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Oh yeah! I had that game! That was a fun one. I'd have kicked your ass in it Whiskey Rose... :lol: (or not...)

that would be "or not". haha! :lol:

8 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Apart from widespread institutional pedophilia, brown clothes and The Bay City Rollers, yeah, the 70s was a blast. 

Yeah, what was with all the brown? Brown furniture as well, that's the impression I get looking back at photos and TV shows...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soon said:

I am in!  Still don't remember how to play, so advantage everyone else!  

One player puts some colored pegs behind the little blind. The other player guesses what colors are where. The first player puts a little white or black peg in the side holes to tell them how many were right. Thru logic and elimination you eventually figure out the color code. Whoever does it in less turns wins. I think that was the gist of it...

Just now, Fitha_whiskey said:

One player puts some colored pegs behind the little blind. The other player guesses what colors are where. The first player puts a little white or black peg in the side holes to tell them how many were right. Thru logic and elimination you eventually figure out the color code. Whoever does it in less turns wins. I think that was the gist of it...

Oh, right!  Perfect explanation - its all coming back to me now, thanks.  I will be a major contender :headbang: