1970s Were the Best

Fitha_whiskey

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Are big wheels 70s specific?  

I don't think so- they came out in the 70s, but I hope to fuck they still exist today!!! Although the kids I see have battery powered rigs. My era had to find a hill, drag that fucker up it and pick your feet up and hope you don't break your ass on too big a jump...

12 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

There's some of us who were lucky enough to be kids in the 70s. It was the goddamn best. If you've ever done a power slide on a Big Wheel, tell us about it...

Think I had a Green Machine too.  And of course, all the Evel Knievel stuff.

Just now, JONEZY said:

Think I had a Green Machine too.  And of course, all the Evel Knievel stuff.

Oh fuck yeah. The Green Machine was like a fuckin revelation to a kid who started to get bored with a Big Wheel. Whole new bag of donuts right there...

Imagine a fucker like Evel Knieval today...

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You could have been watching Ali and Frazier but instead were farting around on weird little bikes?

Well, our lives went on besides one night in 1974!!! We watched Ali on Wide World of Sports fight on Saturdays for free (replays)... 

That fuckin bike that Whiskey Rose posted is cooler than anything produced since. 👍

TV shows... hmmm...

7 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

^^ This show was one of my favourites! There was an episode where a guy ate raw dough and it rose in his stomach.. I remember that for some reason :lol:

:lol: I always remember the one where the kid fell into a ravine on his bike and they had to lower the basket down and winch him up... :lol: I guess we remember shit that coulda happened to us?

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

Miser?

Has this all been done before or something?

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Well, our lives went on besides one night in 1974!!! We watched Ali on Wide World of Sports fight on Saturdays for free (replays)... 

That fuckin bike that Whiskey Rose posted is cooler than anything produced since. 👍

TV shows... hmmm...

You had three Ali v Fraziers: The Fight of the Century (1971), II (1974) and the Thrilla in Manila (1975).

27 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Any decade is better than the 2000's. 

Even the 10s?

The 2000s seems to have little discernible identity. '90s?  Gazza's tears, Britpop and rave, garbage England cricket team, Trainspotting. 1980s? Big hair, shoulder pads, Dallas, Sunset Strip rock, West Indies, poll tax riots and unemployment. 1970s? Dinosaur rock bands. Golden age of heavyweights. Lillee and Thommo. 60s? Great music, mods, hippies, free festivals, free love. 50s? Teds, Elvis, rock n' roll, last great age of Hollywood.

Even 2010s I could make an argument for skinny jeans, weird male hairstyles, elderly presenters you used to watch being exposed as paedophiles and people filming everything with gadgets.

But 2000s? It is a mystery.'05 Ashes is the only thing I can think off. Roger Federer v Rafa epics maybe? 

The 70s in England as a kid was fun.

proper summers

proper winters

Chopper bikes, skateboards, playing outside in the streets and woods, no social media/ mobile phones so you would have to 'knock for' your mates. We ate anything because our parents didn't know about E numbers and what have ya. We also had Punk which was new and exciting. Great time to be a kid.

Not so much fun for the adults with strikes, power cuts and the three day week though😬