1 BILLION $$ gross...could the NITL Tour be the biggest tour in History?

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

@RONIN

This is the right info. 

But you guys are forgetting they did not count Japan shows plus Thailand (check wiki) which is another 20-25 mil from like 6 shows...

---

The biggest market for GnR isnt SA, its europe! On this leg they sold over 1mil tickets for europe with gross over 150mil... But VERY FEW concerts - ony 19.

So if they did 2nd Europe leg with 30 concerts - they would gross over 200mil solely on that and surpass u2..

Agree...NA and Europe are the biggest markets...SA have amazing crowd,but We can't compare GNR popularity in Europe and SA...

Gnr can do another Euro leg and make 700 mill...

One question "Are you sure they didn't count Japanese leg"

1 hour ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Agree...NA and Europe are the biggest markets...SA have amazing crowd,but We can't compare GNR popularity in Europe and SA...

check out the japanese leg... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour#Tour_dates

3 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Yeah but there is no Euro dates scores too...We made real result on the pollstar reports,so I think Japanese dates counted in 340m

yes but european dates gross appeared on pollstar while the japanese did not...

Right?

6 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

The most country GUNNER in SA is BRAZIL.

https://www.pollstar.com/article/2017-mid-year-special-features-132376

Click on TOP 100 CONCERT GROSSES. This list differs somewhat from BILLBOARD BOXSCORE

JAPAN dates arent counted..

Thanks, didn't know that. Every single gig 100% sold out, that's impressive.

Still interested in Boxscore numbers by Billboard. 

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, northernsoul said:

Billboard data isn't accurate, especially the total capacity of the show

London 2 wasn't sold out for a start, lots of the dates weren't

On U2 Zagreb show whole one sector was empty...On billboardboxscore they said "soldout"...Maybe you're right...Same thing they do for every band...

At the end numbers are main

5 hours ago, northernsoul said:

Billboard data isn't accurate, especially the total capacity of the show

London 2 wasn't sold out for a start, lots of the dates weren't

well i would say that it was more sold out than any other market out there... more than NA and SA...

6 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

I was on Vienna show which didn't count there,because it was 10july...Show was soldout with 55-60000 Gunners...

I was there as well... Odakle si putovao?

2 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

n U2 Zagreb show whole one sector was empty...On billboardboxscore they said "soldout"...Maybe you're right...Same thing they do for every band...

then what's stopping GNR for reporting the highest grossing tour ever and 'faking' it as U2..?

3 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

On U2 Zagreb show whole one sector was empty...On billboardboxscore they said "soldout"...Maybe you're right...Same thing they do for every band...

At the end numbers are main

If so, every band would have sold out shows everywhere and everytime. Doesn't make any sense.

Stadiums aren't fully packed as in the 90's. The promoter has to let enough space for an escape route for example.

I was in Munich and I was wondering why there where so many seats empty on one side of the venue. 

In London it was the exact same arrangement as in Munich so it was due to safety reasons, not because of ticket sales.

• Like 1

well i would say that it was more sold out than any other market out there... more than NA and SA...

I was there as well... Odakle si putovao?

then what's stopping GNR for reporting the highest grossing tour ever and 'faking' it as U2..?

Iz Kragujevca...Nisu mi bas najjasniji kni Nemci-Austrijanci,kasa jenkoncert pocinjao njih 5000 je cekalo u redu za pivo i pecivo

28 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

If so, every band would have sold out shows everywhere and everytime. Doesn't make any sense.

Stadiums aren't fully packed as in the 90's. The promoter has to let enough space for an escape route for example.

I was in Munich and I was wondering why there where so many seats empty on one side of the venue. 

In London it was the exact same arrangement as in Munich so it was due to safety reasons, not because of ticket sales.

London 2 did not sell out.  There were thousands of tickets for sale at face value on Ticketmaster right up until the day of the event so to report 100% capacity is just a straight up lie

Same as the US shows, not one of them this year has sold out or anywhere near sold out

19 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

London 2 did not sell out.  There were thousands of tickets for sale at face value on Ticketmaster right up until the day of the event so to report 100% capacity is just a straight up lie

Same as the US shows, not one of them this year has sold out or anywhere near sold out

You're expert...Pollstar or billboard are.amateurs for you

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

Were you at all the shows? I was at the Minny show and it was jam packed. That was a legit sell out to the point that they added nosebleeds on the side later on for sale. StL was not and they reported it as not sold out. I don't have a clue why this is a big deal, but if they were fudging numbers for some reason, they probably would've announced more sell outs than they did.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, northernsoul said:

I don't even look at Billboard or Pollstar these days, I just go straight to your expert posts. You are THE guy. Keep it up, expert.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tonto said:

I don't even look at Billboard or Pollstar these days, I just go straight to your expert posts. You are THE guy. Keep it up, expert.

If you want to believe everything you read then that is upto you.  Sure, billion gross and 300 sell outs why not? Every show is 100% sold out and the world can't get enough of them

Me? I like to see with my own eyes.  If Ticketmaster shows lots of blue dots and I attend the show and see lots of empty seats in sections that are in use I know it's not sold out.  I therefore know if Billboard reports it as sold out then it is a LIE and that is my point.  These figures are not accurate

Adelaide and Sydney sold out apparently.. the attendance of the 3 shows combined possibly achieved as little as 50% of total capacity but SOLD OUT to all you billboard believers