1 BILLION $$ gross...could the NITL Tour be the biggest tour in History?

5 hours ago, northernsoul said:

If you want to believe everything you read then that is upto you.  Sure, billion gross and 300 sell outs why not? Every show is 100% sold out and the world can't get enough of them

Me? I like to see with my own eyes.  If Ticketmaster shows lots of blue dots and I attend the show and see lots of empty seats in sections that are in use I know it's not sold out.  I therefore know if Billboard reports it as sold out then it is a LIE and that is my point.  These figures are not accurate

Adelaide and Sydney sold out apparently.. the attendance of the 3 shows combined possibly achieved as little as 50% of total capacity but SOLD OUT to all you billboard believers

?

So which 3 shows exactly are you talking about?

14 hours ago, northernsoul said:

If you want to believe everything you read then that is upto you.  Sure, billion gross and 300 sell outs why not? Every show is 100% sold out and the world can't get enough of them

Me? I like to see with my own eyes.  If Ticketmaster shows lots of blue dots and I attend the show and see lots of empty seats in sections that are in use I know it's not sold out.  I therefore know if Billboard reports it as sold out then it is a LIE and that is my point.  These figures are not accurate

Adelaide and Sydney sold out apparently.. the attendance of the 3 shows combined possibly achieved as little as 50% of total capacity but SOLD OUT to all you billboard believers

Who said I want to believe everything I read? Where did that come from? Where did the billion gross come from? Every show is sold out and the world can't get enough of them? Who said that? What's going on here? 

On 10/9/2017 at 9:43 AM, northernsoul said:

Minny showed a lot of blue dots and we bought our nosebleeds 3 days before the show. I'm not sure if it was walkups or last minute online sales but it was packed. Most of the shows seemed to be that way. They did lower some prices the week of the shows, so that probably helped sales.

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

It seems that the numbers are updated...It is No 5 now. 

But I still think the numbers from Japan and Thailand are not counted.. if that's true , that's additional 20 mil.

Here you are..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_concert_tours#Highest-grossing_tours_of_all_time

They can beat the shit out of The Rolling Stones. However, it may be hard to beat U2 but who knows...

• GNFNR 1

57 minutes ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

They can beat the shit out of The Rolling Stones. However, it may be hard to beat U2 but who knows...

By the end of the year it will look like this.. 

1. U2 -

2.Coldplay - 

3 Stones -

4 GNR

After all is said and done - keep in mind that GNR is the only band with only one european leg - their biggest market with only 19 dates. 

If they did another 25 next year - it would gross around 200mil and thus would trail u2 by a mere 50 mil...

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

If they did another 25 next year - it would gross around 200mil and thus would trail u2 by a mere 50 mil...

That's a bit optimistic, $8 million on average per show? More realistic would be about $125-150 million with 25 shows.

As for the end of the year, it'll be close between Coldplay and the Stones for 2nd place, remember that Coldplay has a few arena shows among the unaccounted ones. GN'R will be 4th as you said.

8 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Are Coldplay that good to get soldout shows a lot? I dont know a simgle song from them.

lol well yeah... they are that good (and are my second favorite band)

you really dont know singe song??? 

some people compare it to u2... i hate u2

17 hours ago, Spirit said:

That's a bit optimistic, $8 million on average per show? More realistic would be about $125-150 million with 25 shows.

As for the end of the year, it'll be close between Coldplay and the Stones for 2nd place, remember that Coldplay has a few arena shows among the unaccounted ones. GN'R will be 4th as you said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Head_Full_of_Dreams_Tour

They are gonna earn around 120 mil.. enough to surpass Stones.. But what i find amazing is the attendance! Second best after u2... 100 sold out! Insane! Another plus for coldplay is that they have the least shows after u2. Plus for GNR is that they do not have 2 euro legs or NITL would be a lot more successful instead of stupid 3rd US leg..

4 hours ago, scooby845 said:

They are gonna earn around 120 mil.. enough to surpass Stones.. But what i find amazing is the attendance! Second best after u2... 100 sold out! Insane! Another plus for coldplay is that they have the least shows after u2. Plus for GNR is that they do not have 2 euro legs or NITL would be a lot more successful instead of stupid 3rd US leg..

Ed Sheeran can go past 500M too this tour.  Slow burner so far with gross per night quite low but all the big shows to come. He's sold over 2M tickets in Uk and Aus alone next year and the tour wil run to 2019

If Taylor Swift decides to do a world tour and not a US tour with a handful of dates overseas then no doubt she can push #2 too

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

120 mill is not enough to surpass the Stones. They need $145 mill.

On 10/11/2017 at 12:50 PM, scooby845 said:

lol well yeah... they are that good (and are my second favorite band)

you really dont know singe song??? 

some people compare it to u2... i hate u2

Coldplay are simply a fantastic live experience. Head full of dreams is one of the best tours of all time. My 3rd favorite band behind GNR and U2.

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Coldplay are simply a fantastic live experience. Head full of dreams is one of the best tours of all time. My 3rd favorite band behind GNR and U2.

Yes they are!

Sucks I never saw them live... you?

Edited by scooby845

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

:blink: So many deluded folks out there, They are awful, Truly depressing....

Edited by WindsorBoy147