1 BILLION $$ gross...could the NITL Tour be the biggest tour in History?

1 hour ago, Tonto said:

This thread is about the possibility of GN'R having the highest grossing tour by the time they wrap up. Your post has nothing to do with what we're discussing. Gross doesn't mean much? It means a lot when we're discussing specifically the highest grossing tours not the most profitable tours, which is a pointless thing to discuss since they aren't publishing that data, it's private. You don't know which band is more profitable than the next.

Chill out, nerd :lol:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, northernsoul said:

Sydney ANZ Taylor Swift drew 76k for 1 show and GNR did 2 and drew 84k  and they're sell outs? C'mon

Those are fake numbers... for Taylor I mean..

It's impossible for that stadium to hold that much in a single night especially with chairs on the floor..( I watched that 1989 tour video)

If Guns sold out first night with 76k (it was 84k for 2 nights).. then what??? They had only like 8k for the 2nd??? LOL

More like Guns played to a crowd of 50k the first and 35k the 2nd nights...

Swift presumably played to a crowd of 50k..

3 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Those are fake numbers... for Taylor I mean..

It's impossible for that stadium to hold that much in a single night especially with chairs on the floor..( I watched that 1989 tour video)

If Guns sold out first night with 76k (it was 84k for 2 nights).. then what??? They had only like 8k for the 2nd??? LOL

More like Guns played to a crowd of 50k the first and 35k the 2nd nights...

Swift presumably played to a crowd of 50k..

Definitely more than 50k, check the https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=1920&bih=1069&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=1989+anz&oq=1989+anz&gs_l=psy-ab.3...7980.8904.0.9010.8.8.0.0.0.0.90.549.8.8.0.dummy_maps_web_fallback...0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.7.464...0j0i67k1j0i8i30k1.0.RQbgAQ0zM8c#imgrc=LMZy_gbDTNsVIM: layout

Stage right up against the smallest stand at the end.  Sure they lose quite a few seats but nothing compared to most grounds that have equal stand sizes all the way round and the stage not right up against the back of the pitch.  At Wembley Stadium there are 90k seats exactly but you get in around 73k for a gig because you lose 3 tiers of seats behind the stand then gain 10k or so on the pitch.  Here she didn't lose so many behind her stage because it was the small stand so I reckon 70k minimum was achievable there

This is what I mean about these figures though, they are under no actual obligation to release anything and you can bet anything they do release is done with the purpose of further promoting the band and likely bends the truth a little. I believe the gross figures they release is based on the full face value of the ticket and not whatever they actually managed to get for it on some crappy discount site which is where nearly every US and Aus date ended up

Actually it proves the power of their songs and legacy. For most of the people its not that complicated, they just want to have some fun in a evening with the guys that created songs their love. Some of then are even aware Axl sounds bad sometimes and Slash is playing with no soul at all, but they dont really care, watchin' em and listening to the music they love is what really matters.

All this technical bullshit thing is so boring to gen pop, and most of it is why rock n roll is dead/has became a joke. Progressive disease, fans becaming snob and technique slaves, the antithesis of everything Guns was meant to be about.

Edited by default_
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, northernsoul said:

Definitely more than 50k, check the https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=1920&bih=1069&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=1989+anz&oq=1989+anz&gs_l=psy-ab.3...7980.8904.0.9010.8.8.0.0.0.0.90.549.8.8.0.dummy_maps_web_fallback...0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.7.464...0j0i67k1j0i8i30k1.0.RQbgAQ0zM8c#imgrc=LMZy_gbDTNsVIM: layout

Stage right up against the smallest stand at the end.  Sure they lose quite a few seats but nothing compared to most grounds that have equal stand sizes all the way round and the stage not right up against the back of the pitch.  At Wembley Stadium there are 90k seats exactly but you get in around 73k for a gig because you lose 3 tiers of seats behind the stand then gain 10k or so on the pitch.  Here she didn't lose so many behind her stage because it was the small stand so I reckon 70k minimum was achievable there

This is what I mean about these figures though, they are under no actual obligation to release anything and you can bet anything they do release is done with the purpose of further promoting the band and likely bends the truth a little. I believe the gross figures they release is based on the full face value of the ticket and not whatever they actually managed to get for it on some crappy discount site which is where nearly every US and Aus date ended up

I absolutely understand what you mean.. but the stage is basically the same... Can you explain this then? Guns had the upper tier one the first night full as well...

Plus GNR had standing on some particular regions while Taylor had CATWALK (which takes a bit of space) and SEATING on the entire floor.

Take a look 

TAYLOR

cu6bdokvaaaivlj_515x342.jpg

GUNS

C4SdEISUMAA4B-Y.jpg

C4SrrBPWIAAqtFI.jpg

Im aware GUNS didnt sell out the 2nd night, but the numbers on the first one are heavily fucked up...

Or Taylors are fake..

2 hours ago, default_ said:

Actually it proves the power of their songs and legacy. For most of the people its not that complicated, they just want to have some fun in a evening with the guys that created songs their love. Some of then are even aware Axl sounds bad sometimes and Slash is playing with no soul at all, but they dont really care, watchin' em and listening to the music they love is what really matters.

All this technical bullshit thing is so boring to gen pop, and most of it is why rock n roll is dead/has became a joke. Progressive disease, fans becaming snob and technique slaves, the antithesis of everything Guns was meant to be about.

Agreed.

Doubtful.  They're already down to touring arenas in the US which is a fraction of what they were bringing in from the stadiums.  Even if they do Europe round 2 and Australia/Asia round 2....good chance that those dates will be an arena/stadium mix...which would also be less money than first go around.  I'd say they might hit around 800 mil or so.

I don't get the numbers now. Today in see8ng articles that this leg of US ranked in $50 million and that they crossed the  $300 million mark for the tour. Didn't the tour make like $350 last year when they calculated it? How the fuck did it go back? Can someone explain that to me.....its gotta be in the  $500 million mark now. I'm a freak with numbers and this kind of shit so these reports are really urking me lol

Confusing numbers. I think they'll get to Top 3 tours of all time and edge out Roger Waters if the arena shows sell reasonably well. I'm sure the South American shows did reasonably well also. 

If they added another leg of the tour next year for Europe and Asia - they could easily cruise to the #2 spot but it appears that Axl's voice is running out of gas.

24 minutes ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Now we have final numbers for NILT till the 1october 2017...

Since 1july till the 1 october they grossed 90 milion $,with 340 in past shows withous SA dates GNE erned 430 milions...

https://www.pollstar.com/article/guns-n-roses-live-nation-the-o2-top-pollstars-2017-3q-charts-133319

So if it ends this year around 500 mil 

28 minutes ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Now we have final numbers for NILT till the 1october 2017...

Since 1july till the 1 october they grossed 90 milion $,with 340 in past shows withous SA dates GNE erned 430 milions...

https://www.pollstar.com/article/guns-n-roses-live-nation-the-o2-top-pollstars-2017-3q-charts-133319

Wow, 2 mil tickets? Incredible.  I can't help feeling Axl will want to tack on more dates. <_< He can't.  Surely.  Right?  The man needs to rest his voice at some point and make new GNR album.  On another note, from that poll, who knew Depeche Mode would sell so well? 

Wait - does that 90 million figure include Europe, Asia, and NZ/Australia? It sounds in that article like 90 million was earned from July 1st to September 30th - which means that this would be a figure for the North American stadium shows only...?

Anyone have a projection for the south american shows?

Edited by RONIN

Guns N’ Roses takes the top ranking on the latest weekly recap of Hot Tours (see list below) with $53 million in revenue reported from the third North American leg of its Not in This Lifetime… Tour. 

The jaunt through the U.S. and Canada followed a seven-week European leg that occurred during the spring and early summer. Prior to that a slate of dates in Japan and other Asian markets kicked off the year. Final box office counts have not been reported from the shows in Europe, but from the Asian and North American legs alone the overall sales total this year tops $100 million.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7989436/guns-n-roses-stadium-tour-earns-53-million

Holy crap - so 100 million+ in grosses without Europe, Australia/NZ, or South America. :o

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Guns N’ Roses takes the top ranking on the latest weekly recap of Hot Tours (see list below) with $53 million in revenue reported from the third North American leg of its Not in This Lifetime… Tour. 

The jaunt through the U.S. and Canada followed a seven-week European leg that occurred during the spring and early summer. Prior to that a slate of dates in Japan and other Asian markets kicked off the year. Final box office counts have not been reported from the shows in Europe, but from the Asian and North American legs alone the overall sales total this year tops $100 million.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7989436/guns-n-roses-stadium-tour-earns-53-million

Holy crap - so 100 million+ in grosses without Europe, Australia/NZ, or South America. :o

Well in last Pollstar article they said NITL tour grossed 340 million since begining till the 1 july 2017...

This 90 millions include 6 euro shows  NA shows without SA..With 3 SA dates I think they are on 360 milll.

AFTER uS arens they will be on 510-520...And this will be 2-3 tour ever

9 minutes ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Well in last Pollstar article they said NITL tour grossed 340 million since begining till the 1 july 2017...

This 90 millions include 6 euro shows  NA shows without SA..With 3 SA dates I think they are on 360 milll.

AFTER uS arens they will be on 510-520...And this will be 2-3 tour ever

But they didn't have numbers for europe, Australia/NZ and asia from what I remember in that pollstar article right?

If we go by what you're saying 340 million (including Europe, Asia, and Australia/NZ) + 90 million (NA, balance Europe shows) = 430 million + 3 SA dates and RIR = 440-445 million? 

So the arena shows will probably give them 1 - 1.5 million/show (50% of stadium?) - so maybe a 25-30 million from the arena dates....that means 470 million - 480 million by the end. Does the math add up here?

Edited by RONIN

9 hours ago, RONIN said:

But they didn't have numbers for europe, Australia/NZ and asia from what I remember in that pollstar article right?

If we go by what you're saying 340 million (including Europe, Asia, and Australia/NZ) + 90 million (NA, balance Europe shows) = 430 million + 3 SA dates and RIR = 440-445 million? 

So the arena shows will probably give them 1 - 1.5 million/show (50% of stadium?) - so maybe a 25-30 million from the arena dates....that means 470 million - 480 million by the end. Does the math add up here?

No.On pollstar they said GNR earned 340 mil tll the july1...Then they said since 1july till october1 they earned 90+mil..

SO GNR earned 430 mil + SA dates...

I think on arena dates they will earn about 2.5 per show...

So Guns will be on 500-520 millions...

I personaly think this tour is over,also I think they had a strong potentional to play 2+ arena dates in Australia and Japan and stadiums across the Europe and Asia...

But we are fans we won GNR on the number 1,but do they really want this???

1 hour ago, gnrkoncerti said:

On pollstar they said GNR earned 340 mil tll the july1...Then they said since 1july till october1 they earned 90+mil..

SO GNR earned 430 mil + SA dates...

@RONIN

This is the right info. 

But you guys are forgetting they did not count Japan shows plus Thailand (check wiki) which is another 20-25 mil from like 6 shows...

---

The biggest market for GnR isnt SA, its europe! On this leg they sold over 1mil tickets for europe with gross over 150mil... But VERY FEW concerts - ony 19.

So if they did 2nd Europe leg with 30 concerts - they would gross over 200mil solely on that and surpass u2..