Some love for The Spaghetti Incident?

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Down On The Farm would be my first choice

Axl could seriously do that song justice with his voice now, if he used the deep demonic voice he uses on the chorus of Better. He sang it great back in 2006.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It has quite possibly the worst album cover ever. A load of tinned spaghetti: what were they thinking?

But they sound so much better on TSI than Illusions - even Sorum (!). Slash's tone on Aint it Fun is a thing of beauty DD.

I'd agree with you though that most of the album is garbage. I just feel like they nailed the GnR studio sound for the 90's on that album. 

2 minutes ago, RONIN said:

But they sound so much better on TSI than Illusions - even Sorum (!). Slash's tone on Aint it Fun is a thing of beauty DD.

I'd agree with you though that most of the album is garbage. I just feel like they nailed the GnR studio sound for the 90's on that album. 

I've never listened to it in years. All I remember is McKagan sounds pissed as a fart on it: 'I gatta New Rose I gatta gud''. I think he sings on half of the songs and, to put it kindly, he possesses a voice which would probably kill your goldfish. I think there is a picture in the booklet of Axl's shoes with his name written on them. What a wanker.

34 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are both terrible but I'd have to say  CD is worse because Spaghetti at least has Slash's playing and Slash can play his way out of a plastic bag.

Diesel, do you really believe CD is terrible? Not Guns N Roses? Sure. An overproduced clusterfuck of an album? Definitely. But terrible? That's a tad harsh. You can't deny there's some really good melodies and hooks, lying underneath all those bleeps and farts.

Just now, Towelie said:

Diesel, do you really believe CD is terrible? Not Guns N Roses? Sure. An overproduced clusterfuck of an album? Definitely. But terrible? That's a tad harsh. You can't deny there's some really good melodies and hooks, lying underneath all those bleeps and farts.

Hmm, I'd rate it two out of five. All the songs that leaked as demos and at Rio 3 sounded better in their original state.

It's a good selection of songs played well so i don't understand the flak it gets really i just take it for what it is. It sounds a little too polished for the genre that would be my major gripe but they are really attacking their instruments, it doesn't feel like it's being phoned in. Hair of the Dog, Look At Your Game, Ain't It Fun and I Don't Care About You are fuckin great imo.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1