Some love for The Spaghetti Incident?

Hello, hoping everyone is okay.

I know lately Guns is playing a lot of covers, even I think it's pretty annoying the VAST AMMOUNT of them per show.

But I feel different about TSI's covers, I think Guns kind of gave them a personal touch there, they released an album and it was the last LP we had from them in a long time.

Now with the reunion, some of those covers are beeing played by the band; many of them were played before but now "resurfaced".

New Rose, I think it's the best example, we didn't had it before. I don't know if the song is strong enough to be a consistent one in the setlist, but when they first played it it was a little nice surprise.

Which covers from this album would you like to hear Guns play?

I like what they did with Raw Power, when they reunited with Duff, they added to the setlist, and it was present in some shows last year.

I think it'd be cool if they do that with Since I don't have you, or Ain't it fun.
Or even play Hair of the dog again.

What do you think?

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Only real care for Down on the Farm, SIDHY and Hair of the Dog from the album. Nothing against Duff but a GN’R album just isn’t the same with Axl missing from a third of the tracks.

Attitude New Rose and YCPYAAM are the only songs where Axl is missing. 10/13 tracks he's on 

1 minute ago, Underhardy said:

Attitude New Rose and YCPYAAM are the only songs where Axl is missing. 10/13 tracks he's on 

That’s not the only reason I don’t like the album, I just don’t care for the track selection for the most part and the album just fails to impress me. 

1 hour ago, viruzzz said:

Hello, hoping everyone is okay.

That seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to think to open a post with on this forum!  :lol:

OT: I was happy to see New Rose too!  Aint it Fun, Human Being, Raw Power with Iggy guesting. Thinking about Spaghetti makes me miss Matt.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

a lot of the songs don't fit the bands wheelhouse. those straight forward ones. RP , Attitude , human being, I Don't care,

HOTD and AIF are the ones that show off the band versatility 

Manson's song is a classic though. I still sing that one

It was the first Guns album I bought with my own money. I had to go to two record shops as the first fucker wouldn't sell it to me due to the "Parental Advisory" sticker! I was 13 . I'd got UYI 1 & 2 for Christmas in 1991. But I have a soft spot for TSI? as it was the first I bought. 

I already loved the sex pistols but became a huge stooges fan. The Dead Boys, New York Dolls, T-Rex and Heartbreakers albums all joined my blank tape collection in the next few months 🙂

It had its place at the time and it has its place now also. 

I remember hearing the Manson tune at the end and all I kept thinking was "the fucking gardener.... playing guitar...... what the fuck....." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Get In the Ring Motherfker said:

Axl’s vocals on Human Being are insane. I always get overly excited when I hear it at my local bar

Wow.  I want to go to your local bar, sounds like the place to be if they're playing that calibre of music! lol  

I agree, it's a damn good cover but it makes my blood boil that Axl put the most fuck off awesome vocals to someone else's song instead of a GNR song. <_<

19 hours ago, Sosso said:

It's the GN'R album with the best production.

I agree! All of UYI should sound exactly like TSI....

and since most of TSI was recorded at the same sessions, it's a shmae UYI doesn's sound as good as TSI

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Wow.  I want to go to your local bar, sounds like the place to be if they're playing that calibre of music! lol  

I agree, it's a damn good cover but it makes my blood boil that Axl put the most fuck off awesome vocals to someone else's song instead of a GNR song. <_<

The best thing is when they dedicate one night to a band. They play one song from said band the one random, playing the whole catalogue through the night. You can guess what happened in GnR’s night :)