New Gilby Clarke Interview

Based off when I saw him in a small club, take some ear plugs just in case.  He still rocked large club volume.  I was standing right in front of him and his half stack though.  Good fun and he doesnt take him self too seriously.  Even my friend I had to drag along who stood beside me still and blank-faced was won over by the good times vibe when Gilby grinned and handed them a guitar pick!  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sidman69 said:

somebody i thought said he doesn't even make money from these gigs. He just gets them to cover his flight and hotel.

He told me that personally during his Brazillian tour in 2010 or 2011 (sorry, dont really remember). I was close to the owner of the club he played in my town so I had the chance to hang out a little bit with him, really cool down to earth guy.
He doesnt do it for free, but it end up being like that as he covers the expenses of his crew, he tours for passion and not really for the loot, the same with the albuns he release.

We had a cool gig here, there were about 300 in attendence and Gilby was great, Axl wasted a oportunity to have a really cool hard rock song with Tijuana Jail.

Edited by default_

14 hours ago, vloors said:

His performing a free gig in Sydney on Sunday at Frankies pizza so I doubt he does it for the $$$

Not free elsewhere though. Other cities he is charging $30 for general attendance and $100 for meet and greet/photo/signed shit. Granted, it's not too much money, but i don't feel compelled to see him even though i have the opportunity to.

Im sure he is doing fine from his brief stint in GNR and all the appearances that came from the years since (like the reality TV stuff) and I think his wife is pretty loaded. I'm sure he barely makes anything from his music at this point, but more power to him for touring and making music. He was cool and did his job just fine on the UYI tour and Pawnshop Guitars is a very solid rock album