This unique hi-hat technique is used by Steven Adler throughout the verses of the Guns N Roses hit Welcome to the Jungle

Man, Steven is such a good and unique drummer. There aren't many drummers that I could just listen to their isolated drum tracks by themselves and stay entertained, but Steven is definitely one of them. There's all these little subtle things he does that might go unnoticed to a lot of people, but he's a huge part of the original GNR sound.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cosmicblues said:

Man, Steven is such a good and unique drummer. There aren't many drummers that I could just listen to their isolated drum tracks by themselves and stay entertained, but Steven is definitely one of them. There's all these little subtle things he does that might go unnoticed to a lot of people, but he's a huge part of the original GNR sound.

exactly, exactly, exactly!

:headbang:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Love Adler's drumming, so funky. 

This has probably been discussed before, but are there any UYI demos with Adler floating around the internet? 

Yep, here's a rehearsal from 1989 of a couple UYI songs with Adler on drums (and sans Axl vocals). 

16 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I‎t seems odd when anyone but Axl sings like that but if Axl did sound like this once more we would all be in tears of happiness 

Exactly,  I’m very cryptic when it comes to vocals, but this guy has an excellent technique, hits all those ridiculous YCBM notes as if he was on studio.  I only hope we can hear Axl sounding like this once again.