Gardening

Gracii Guns

Sometimes his voice just creeps in their, lol.  I'm probably going to hear him everywhere when the new pinball machine comes out.

I think Mother Earth News would have a bunch of articles on Microgreens.  I think they invented that stuff. :lol:  People use those salad spinners to dry herbs maybe you could use them for the greens.  If you're out of space to lay them out to air dry, there is always the turned off oven, cookie sheets with the door cracked as a place to do that.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Sometimes his voice just creeps in their, lol.  I'm probably going to hear him everywhere when the new pinball machine comes out.

I think Mother Earth News would have a bunch of articles on Microgreens.  I think they invented that stuff. :lol:  People use those salad spinners to dry herbs maybe you could use them for the greens.  If you're out of space to lay them out to air dry, there is always the turned off oven, cookie sheets with the door cracked as a place to do that.

Oh thats true. Is there a release date for the new pinball machine?

I should check Mother Earth News, thanks. Dont know why I didn't think of that. They prolly did invent it! :lol: Those are both great ideas, thanks! That would make it a lot easier and less intensive, space wise. Ive been thinking about getting a salad spinner for culinary anyways, so thats an easy 'yes.'

I think I was wrong and that theres no sage yet, but lots of new germination of others.

Salad spinners are one of those things that it sounds good but after you play with it once or twice, it goes in the garage sale. :lol:  Kitchen gadgets never last long.

Not hearing much on the GNR pinball front but I'm wondering why Duff is checking out his old one in storage he hasn't cared about in years.

It's been fun growing in the house but like the coleus, I want to grow outside!  Spring can't come soon enough.

50 minutes ago, cineater said:

Salad spinners are one of those things that it sounds good but after you play with it once or twice, it goes in the garage sale. :lol:  Kitchen gadgets never last long.

Not hearing much on the GNR pinball front but I'm wondering why Duff is checking out his old one in storage he hasn't cared about in years.

It's been fun growing in the house but like the coleus, I want to grow outside!  Spring can't come soon enough.

I know most people are like that with kitchen gadgets. I guess Im the ode one out in that regard as well :lol: But it would definitely be used lots if I grow micro greens in soil, which is what Im leaning towards so far.

Duff doing some R&D maybe? Slash wrote Be The Ball from Snakepit for the machine originally. What are the odds that Axl sings on a new version for the machine? 

I cant wait for gardening outdoors either, although Ill miss Beakers help.

Usually pinball machines go for the hits to draw you over to the machine.  Axl likes doing stuff like that so there's a good chance he'll be talking to you.  Be nice to me Axl or I'll go back to hitting you in the balls, lol.  They are doing something with Stern pinball on Saturday.  "We do have a Stern Launch party", I would think Brian would tell me if that was the GNR machine.  It's a tournament so maybe they are just playing the Stern machines.  Stranger Things is the newest Stern machine in there.  

My allergies are very active.  Maybe it's that wet carpet again.  I need to get out of this house and buy more allergy pills, lol.

When I work in the yard at home Lily is always around to help.  Simone stands back and supervises. 

17 hours ago, cineater said:

Usually pinball machines go for the hits to draw you over to the machine.  Axl likes doing stuff like that so there's a good chance he'll be talking to you.  Be nice to me Axl or I'll go back to hitting you in the balls, lol.  They are doing something with Stern pinball on Saturday.  "We do have a Stern Launch party", I would think Brian would tell me if that was the GNR machine.  It's a tournament so maybe they are just playing the Stern machines.  Stranger Things is the newest Stern machine in there.  

My allergies are very active.  Maybe it's that wet carpet again.  I need to get out of this house and buy more allergy pills, lol.

When I work in the yard at home Lily is always around to help.  Simone stands back and supervises. 

Oh right, hits make sense. Im sure youre right and there will be lots of Axl, knock-knock jokes abound! If you square Axl I hope he says/sings "Alright, that sucked!" :lol:I hope that Robbin is on the Stranger things machine! Are you playing the tourney?

Hope your allergies are better. Gotta get that carpet out. Could be spring allergies if you get those?

I love that image of you three in thee garden.

We're under an Extreme Cold Warning. Its currently -30c (-25 plus windchill) and is expected to reach -35c later this morning. I get a kick out of the smooth and casual way the voices on the radio say "a reminder that any exposed skin will freeze within minutes." I slept with the windows cracked because of more chemical smells - but I aint going out there today unless its an emergency!! Ill just spend even more time looking at the empty sage pods, willing them to germinate :lol: Ill definitely dive into Mother Earth News' micro green articles!!

Edit - just read a local news article titled "can your eyes get frost bite?" :wow:

Edited by soon

Was the answer yes?  I'm guessing they can.

Not playing in the tournament.  Those things go on for hours.  And then you get the really good players who are on the machine so long, you feel like you don't get a chance to play. :lol:

The steering committee met.  Again, do you hear me talking?  I hear you telling me to stop talking.  The head guy wants to do a focus group, last year I called it a discussion group and they turned it into a survey they still don't want to look at.  I try to tell them what committees I have up and running, what we're covering and they try to micromanage it.  We talk about new stuff needing to be taken care of, nobody steps up and they push it off.  The head guy tells us he's too busy to take care of what he has on his plate yet keeps saying he wants to handle that.  It's okay, I have my shit together over what I'm doing, lol.

Happy, I think you're loveable and a sweetheart day, not my valentine but one of my favorite people on the planet. 

Was the answer yes?  I'm guessing they can.

Not playing in the tournament.  Those things go on for hours.  And then you get the really good players who are on the machine so long, you feel like you don't get a chance to play. :lol:

The steering committee met.  Again, do you hear me talking?  I hear you telling me to stop talking.  The head guy wants to do a focus group, last year I called it a discussion group and they turned it into a survey they still don't want to look at.  I try to tell them what committees I have up and running, what we're covering and they try to micromanage it.  We talk about new stuff needing to be taken care of, nobody steps up and they push it off.  The head guy tells us he's too busy to take care of what he has on his plate yet keeps saying he wants to handle that.  It's okay, I have my shit together over what I'm doing, lol.

Happy, I think you're loveable and a sweetheart day, not my valentine but one of my favorite people on the planet. 

Happy that same day to you :) 

I think I remember that survey situation. They havent looked at it yet??! I dont know how you put up with all that. That dude sounds annoying :lol:

The article kinda said 'yes and no.' Because - if I understood correctly - they dont freeze like skin will, in minutes. But they can freeze in certain bad conditions. But I think thats only if you are dying anyways. I think if you close your eyes that is enough to lock in heat to avoid freezing.

Made a noodle dish with garden pesto and kale. Sometimes the satisfaction of growing ones own food really hits home. 

I miss my homemade tomato soup.  I'm going to get Phoebe to teach me more cooking straight out of the garden this year.

You wouldn't think it gets that cold but I've had the snot freeze in my nose before.

We presented the survey results and got a hmmm and that was it, no more talk.  So I did individual conversations to find out what I wanted to know and most of my actions are based on what the membership told me they wanted.  I'm a year ahead of you folks.  I just don't want them to think I'm running wild on them and not going with what the group wants.  So far, they loved the library class results but initially didn't much care for it.  They want to scale back the library tours from 8 to 4.  I went for 7 because one of those weekends my daughter gets married.   I don't see it as running wild.  I see it as running out ahead of them and they'll come along eventually, lol.

Caleb got my daughter a weekend trip to see her favorite band.  She got him precision floor mats for his new truck.  Oh to be young, in love and have no kids. :lol:  They came by and gave me a bouquet of wildflowers!

Edited by cineater

14 hours ago, cineater said:

I miss my homemade tomato soup.  I'm going to get Phoebe to teach me more cooking straight out of the garden this year.

You wouldn't think it gets that cold but I've had the snot freeze in my nose before.

We presented the survey results and got a hmmm and that was it, no more talk.  So I did individual conversations to find out what I wanted to know and most of my actions are based on what the membership told me they wanted.  I'm a year ahead of you folks.  I just don't want them to think I'm running wild on them and not going with what the group wants.  So far, they loved the library class results but initially didn't much care for it.  They want to scale back the library tours from 8 to 4.  I went for 7 because one of those weekends my daughter gets married.   I don't see it as running wild.  I see it as running out ahead of them and they'll come along eventually, lol.

Caleb got my daughter a weekend trip to see her favorite band.  She got him precision floor mats for his new truck.  Oh to be young, in love and have no kids. :lol:  They came by and gave me a bouquet of wildflowers!

That'll be fun to learn more gardening recipes. Some nice, warm, homemade tomato soup would be perfect right about now. :drool:

Frozen snot is the weirdest feeling! 

Yeah, youre just leading them in their stated goals from a healthy distance ahead of them :lol: I cant belive that after all this success they want to scale back library anything. 

Those are some sweet gifts! A bouquet of wildflowers must be really pretty.

I wrote to sentences of creative writing!

Three pods in my grow tray continue to dry out while the others stay watered. Theres no blockage on the bottom and Ive given them some sprays. I cant figure it out?

I'm having the same problem with trays drying out, wtf?  I've taken up soaking them instead of spraying them every time.  Another Marsha conversation, lol.  If it's just a single cell drying out with a plant in it, it's a growth spurt.  That plant is growing and probably needs a deeper watering then just spraying and maybe a very diluted dose of fertilizer.

Two sentences?  It's a start.  Do you know where this is going?  I never know when I'm working on a chapter.  Short stories I have something in mind but not exactly how it all comes together.  I start pulling from what's around me and what happens in my day.

Ugh, this morning I get an email about the education committee from the same person who dropped the ball on it last fall and who uninvited me from the group to begin with.  Justin has passed it back to her.  If you're going to keep doing what you're doing, you're going to keep getting what ya got.  So I'm not going to keep bitching about it, lol.

I think we're passing on the Stones.  Decent tickets are way more than I want to pay.

Edited by cineater

16 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm having the same problem with trays drying out, wtf?  I've taken up soaking them instead of spraying them every time.  Another Marsha conversation, lol.  If it's just a single cell drying out with a plant in it, it's a growth spurt.  That plant is growing and probably needs a deeper watering then just spraying and maybe a very diluted dose of fertilizer.

Two sentences?  It's a start.  Do you know where this is going?  I never know when I'm working on a chapter.  Short stories I have something in mind but not exactly how it all comes together.  I start pulling from what's around me and what happens in my day.

Ugh, this morning I get an email about the education committee from the same person who dropped the ball on it last fall and who uninvited me from the group to begin with.  Justin has passed it back to her.  If you're going to keep doing what you're doing, you're going to keep getting what ya got.  So I'm not going to keep bitching about it, lol.

I think we're passing on the Stones.  Decent tickets are way more than I want to pay.

If you get dry trays too then I dont feel so bad. Let me know what Marsha says? For me, two trays are as yet empty and one has a tiny basil sprout. And beaker hates it because I spray them with the same bottle I spray him. So he's chilling out enjoying gardening and suddenly he thinks he's about to be punished! Poor guy. lol

I thought two sentences was a good start? Its certainly not too disconnected from my real life. Just a phrase that seems to give itself to metaphorical exploration. And a second phrase to obscure that with blunt realism - to 'kill my darlings' as they say.

Never a day with out garden drama. I dont know how you do it... well I guess I could tolerate some shit to get to do all you do and on those grounds. Still though.

Sucks about the Stones. Would be sam for me. But you said you are going to Dead right?

Yeah it's a start.  Stop thinking about it and get some stuff out there.  You can go back and edit it or trash it.  This is not your masterpiece, don't overthink it.  Yeah it's your real life twisted and spun, trips to alternative universes where it came out different and went a different way.  At least that's how I do it.  You can't write about stuff you don't know anything about.

More garden drama, lol.  I have more push and drive then a lot of people.  It's one of my strengths other people find very annoying.  Yeah, she kicked me off the team again saying I talk too much and take on too much shit.  At least she said I had a lot of ideas.  And I do talk a lot when I'm excited about what I'm doing and want to make plans to do stuff.  Just ignore me if you're not into it.

Probably passing on the Dead too.  I don't mind sitting on the lawn but my friends want seats and they really aren't into it and don't want to pay the price.  Nothing worse than going to a concert with people who aren't into it.

Poor Beaker, he's a little confused but just wants to be where you are.

15 hours ago, cineater said:

Yeah it's a start.  Stop thinking about it and get some stuff out there.  You can go back and edit it or trash it.  This is not your masterpiece, don't overthink it.  Yeah it's your real life twisted and spun, trips to alternative universes where it came out different and went a different way.  At least that's how I do it.  You can't write about stuff you don't know anything about.

More garden drama, lol.  I have more push and drive then a lot of people.  It's one of my strengths other people find very annoying.  Yeah, she kicked me off the team again saying I talk too much and take on too much shit.  At least she said I had a lot of ideas.  And I do talk a lot when I'm excited about what I'm doing and want to make plans to do stuff.  Just ignore me if you're not into it.

Probably passing on the Dead too.  I don't mind sitting on the lawn but my friends want seats and they really aren't into it and don't want to pay the price.  Nothing worse than going to a concert with people who aren't into it.

Poor Beaker, he's a little confused but just wants to be where you are.

Yeah I just gotta learn how to let my mind go. I like your approach. 

Youre a whirl wind and thats too much for some. Well, I guess more its that to them you feel like a whirlwind. Youre really just thinking up good and useful ideas. Id always vote to empower you to do it all while I eat another gingersnap and sip the orange drink, lol.

Yeah that makes sense about the Dead. Too bad though. But on the other hand now you dont have to see a pop star try to fill Jerrys shows.

Beaker just scratched me good in the grow room. He's now started nibbling kale and I went too stop him... just vicious. Now he will get sprayed in there!

Tomorrow is a holiday called Family Day that I always forget exists and didnt plan for. Everything is closed. I wish I could spend it gardening. Im thinking Star Wars in chronological order, woo-hoo! lol

You're ignoring your cat again, lol.  Lily does that too.  I've turned her into the inspector.  I show her the plants and let her sniff them and talk to her about them.  Ask her to smell the dirt.  I just keep saying her name and involving her until she thinks it's boring and into the window she goes to watch the birds.  She likes being asked to do the morning check of the plants and follows me into the room.  Even Simone has started following us in there.

We have a minor holiday tomorrow too.  No mail but everything is open.  I'm watching a gardening series through the Great Courses. Lectures by PHDs.  Learned about heavy metals in soils.  Yeah it's a crapshoot to know if it's a problem.  Way to many variables there.  Basically, if you think it might be a problem don't grow root crops or eat the leafy stuff.  The stems are okay and the fruit with the exception of zucchini.  Never use an old tire as a planter as it leaches zinc and two other metals.

I would love you in a meeting!  Tell me if you think my idea is good but you don't want to be involved.  I get some feedback and know you're not going to join me on this project.  I am the whirlwind of activity and working every angle.  Everyone of those library classes I go to and sit with my teachers.  I know what I'm willing to commit to.  It's more than most folks but if you get my commitment, you get my follow through.  Can't tell you how many folks volunteer for something only to not do it.  You probably see that at your garden.  

Which brings up that Winter Reading/Book Club idea.  I let it drop because nobody told me they were interested.  Several people have asked me what happen to it.  And Del just started recommending books to a few of us.  There's an interest there.  I'm not going to do it.  I'm still traumatised by the book on trees talking to each other.  Maybe somebody else will pick up the idea and run with it.

One thing the PHD did say that was interesting was in her talk about what we use in our gardens was meant for mass production.  It's not necessarily good for the home gardener.  Mass production is a one shot deal.  You're focused on getting maximum, pretty looking produce.  You're pumping the plant with nutrients and killing off the bugs.  You're tilling up the soil every year and doing it all over again.  You disturb what normally goes on in the soil for this kind of fake produced soil.  Interesting thought because people will apply that to their home landscape.

You're ignoring your cat again, lol.  Lily does that too.  I've turned her into the inspector.  I show her the plants and let her sniff them and talk to her about them.  Ask her to smell the dirt.  I just keep saying her name and involving her until she thinks it's boring and into the window she goes to watch the birds.  She likes being asked to do the morning check of the plants and follows me into the room.  Even Simone has started following us in there.

You're right. You helped me out with that before and I guess I drifted away from it again. Ill start being more intentional about including him!

I love picturing the parade of cats helping with the morning greening chores :) 

I would love you in a meeting!  Tell me if you think my idea is good but you don't want to be involved.  I get some feedback and know you're not going to join me on this project.  I am the whirlwind of activity and working every angle.  Everyone of those library classes I go to and sit with my teachers.  I know what I'm willing to commit to.  It's more than most folks but if you get my commitment, you get my follow through.  Can't tell you how many folks volunteer for something only to not do it.  You probably see that at your garden.  

Which brings up that Winter Reading/Book Club idea.  I let it drop because nobody told me they were interested.  Several people have asked me what happen to it.  And Del just started recommending books to a few of us.  There's an interest there.  I'm not going to do it.  I'm still traumatised by the book on trees talking to each other.  Maybe somebody else will pick up the idea and run with it.

We'd of course be wearing our matching Axl Rose bandanas at the meetings :lol:

With health set backs Ive developed the ability to get things up and running that I dont have to work on day to day. I put the idea into the world and empower others to run with it.

I hope they all realize how lucky they are to have you producing all these awesome programs!! Yep, volunteers not following through. Volunteers neglecting to mention that they dont know how to do the task they signed up for (aka everyone who ever signed up for compost ever!). And people who want the power without the sweat.

I hope someone else will initiate the water book club!

We have a minor holiday tomorrow too.  No mail but everything is open.  I'm watching a gardening series through the Great Courses. Lectures by PHDs.  Learned about heavy metals in soils.  Yeah it's a crapshoot to know if it's a problem.  Way to many variables there.  Basically, if you think it might be a problem don't grow root crops or eat the leafy stuff.  The stems are okay and the fruit with the exception of zucchini.  Never use an old tire as a planter as it leaches zinc and two other metals.

You have a holiday too? Cool. That sounds like a cool series! Thats online?

I never knew that about zucchini. 

I need to further educate myself on heavy metals before I start gardening other peoples yards. Planning to work with small business librarian to coordinate the city to test the soils.

19 minutes ago, cineater said:

One thing the PHD did say that was interesting was in her talk about what we use in our gardens was meant for mass production.  It's not necessarily good for the home gardener.  Mass production is a one shot deal.  You're focused on getting maximum, pretty looking produce.  You're pumping the plant with nutrients and killing off the bugs.  You're tilling up the soil every year and doing it all over again.  You disturb what normally goes on in the soil for this kind of fake produced soil.  Interesting thought because people will apply that to their home landscape.

Very interesting point. Thats bang on! I thin I could wax philosophical for how that applies to most of our society, really. But Ill spare you that :lol:

I guess thats kinda what I ran into with the tower garden thing. Im siting here wondering what to do with my compost? And what to do with my bones, if not turn them into fertilizer. Egg shells? Hair trimmings? And the answer from industry is "throw those in the garbage and buy this chemical instead." Yeah, hard pass. :lol:

Sounds really fascinating. Maybe we have stuff to unlearn about gardening?

Edited by soon

It amazes me that on the one hand they knock what people who have been doing this for years without science and then turn around and say they are just beginning to understand.  They talk about doing it mother natures way yet continue to want to play by adding science they don't fully understand the effects of and then have to fix with more science when they figure out they fucked up.

Del!  He sends out an email saying why he wants to add this manure to the beds and all the reasons why.  Then sends out a second e-mail that he writes to the company telling them they are shit and a bunch of links to prove why.  Never saying why it's shit.  So I ask him for clarity and he replies telling me to read the title of the second email and "at least read" one of the links.  Er, I wasn't interested in this subject to begin with.  You had my attention for a minute and I was willing to hear you out but really not interested in exploring it myself.  And while you gave me a bunch of links to organic farming, no till methods and stuff, weren't you just talking about tilling up the beds and adding shit to them.  Maybe he needs to read those links and put it into practice, lol.  No response from me to that email, lol.

Yeah and more science.  I said I was going to try to do the girly thing, not going well.  I use to sell cosmetics for extra money so I've had skin care preached to me.  There's not enough chemicals in the world to take away the laugh and stress marks from my face, lol.  I've gone to washing my face in the morning and none of the skin care products, no makeup.  But I call Jane because I'm going to have to be full blown make up for the wedding and need a lipstick to carry with me until the pictures are done.  She's 75, was shocked I'm not using science on my face.  She gets up every morning and before she does anything she does the whole skin care with additives and full blown make up.  She can't believe I'm running around with a naked face.  I can't believe at 75 she would think that's doing anything.  There's certain things that are going to happen by nature whether you fight it or not.  I'll take a look at her when I go over but the last time I looked at her she looked like an old woman.

I'm am watching all these shows on soil.  One thing they mentioned is it's not bad to have animal poop on the ground.  So I email Marsha about maybe we should put a few chickens out there in her fenced in area, lol.

Didn't you say you tried to talk to your garden about cover crops?

20 hours ago, cineater said:

It amazes me that on the one hand they knock what people who have been doing this for years without science and then turn around and say they are just beginning to understand.  They talk about doing it mother natures way yet continue to want to play by adding science they don't fully understand the effects of and then have to fix with more science when they figure out they fucked up.

Del!  He sends out an email saying why he wants to add this manure to the beds and all the reasons why.  Then sends out a second e-mail that he writes to the company telling them they are shit and a bunch of links to prove why.  Never saying why it's shit.  So I ask him for clarity and he replies telling me to read the title of the second email and "at least read" one of the links.  Er, I wasn't interested in this subject to begin with.  You had my attention for a minute and I was willing to hear you out but really not interested in exploring it myself.  And while you gave me a bunch of links to organic farming, no till methods and stuff, weren't you just talking about tilling up the beds and adding shit to them.  Maybe he needs to read those links and put it into practice, lol.  No response from me to that email, lol.

Sounds like he was saying that 'shit is shit?' Is that it? :lol:

Yeah sometimes that kinda science stuff looks pretty disjointed. I still wanna study permaculture design one day. To me it seems promising as something that is modern and takes science and everything in to account. But its all about working within nature.

20 hours ago, cineater said:

Yeah and more science.  I said I was going to try to do the girly thing, not going well.  I use to sell cosmetics for extra money so I've had skin care preached to me.  There's not enough chemicals in the world to take away the laugh and stress marks from my face, lol.  I've gone to washing my face in the morning and none of the skin care products, no makeup.  But I call Jane because I'm going to have to be full blown make up for the wedding and need a lipstick to carry with me until the pictures are done.  She's 75, was shocked I'm not using science on my face.  She gets up every morning and before she does anything she does the whole skin care with additives and full blown make up.  She can't believe I'm running around with a naked face.  I can't believe at 75 she would think that's doing anything.  There's certain things that are going to happen by nature whether you fight it or not.  I'll take a look at her when I go over but the last time I looked at her she looked like an old woman.

LOL, "last time I looked at her she looked like an old woman" :lol:

I bet youll get into the swing of the girly thing. If you sold them you've got a real head start. Maybe you can go in to an aesthetician for a make over? Could be fun with your daughter? 

Remember how I made that all natural skin cream for a woman and then she didnt want it? Ive been using it and its great! About ready to make a new batch. Its like white chocolate, coconut oil, aloe, lavender oil, water, and one or two other natural things. My ex used all natural makeup, with all the eco-certifications and dolphins etc stuff. From the health food store and online.

Makeups all just a bit of fun at the end of the day, isnt it? Never worn any so I guess maybe Im just talking shit though? :lol:

10 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm am watching all these shows on soil.  One thing they mentioned is it's not bad to have animal poop on the ground.  So I email Marsha about maybe we should put a few chickens out there in her fenced in area, lol.

Didn't you say you tried to talk to your garden about cover crops?

Animal poop just randomly spread on the ground is a big part of bio-dynamic farming. I hope you get your chickens! lol

I remember a newcomer to Canada asking me in limited english if his bag of fertilizer was allowed (meaning organic). He then told me that in his homeland that the animals pooped everywhere and that was more "organic" in his mind then his bag of grey mystery pellets. No argument from me. Which lead him to ask if he could bring a goat. :lol: And answering that was above my pay grade!

Not at the community garden, but at my large project I wanted to try a cover crop. I wasnt allowed because the land is 'too be flat and obstruction free by Nov 15.' So I never looked into it further. Was exploring anything from alfalfa to oats to rye. Because you just know I was gonna try to harvest food from my cover crops, lol.

Edited by soon

Two Mexican men who worked in Butterfly sanctuaries were found murdered. Their families and communities believe it was in response to their activism protecting the forest from illegal logging. Same reason a man in Brazils Amazon was murdered last year. 

They protected the Monarchs that migrate there from Canada, through the US. I thank him for that. Makes me really pause... Like the least I can do is plant more pollenator plants. You are way ahead of me on this and I will have many questions come spring.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-51488262

That happens quite a bit all over the world.  People trying to protect the land and animals vs those trying to develop it.

Marsha said the hawks and other birds of prey would have those chickens within a week.  We do have those birds and I love looking at them.  What I'm really looking for is some kind of draw to the gardens that is unique besides the plants.  I guess pets are out.  Or maybe I need a bigger pet, lol.  Yeah she's not going to let me put an alpaca in her orchard pen.

I missed out on the girl gene for makeup and shopping, lol.  I sold makeup because it was legal and I needed extra cash.  I worked with a bunch of women so I had customers at my fingertips.  I gave them all makeovers on my lunch hour to establish my customer base, lol.  The real secret to makeup sales is the skin care.  They use that everyday and it's expensive.  A blush can last them all year and doesn't cost that much.  There's a reason they show all the results through extreme close ups of the skin on that anti aging stuff, minor results that doesn't really translate to the larger picture if you ask me.

My daughter has a girl coming to do makeup.  They use a spray on foundation, like airbrushing.  I'll get a mask that doesn't really match up with the rest of what's going on with the body.  It will be okay.  I just have to look nice in her pictures.

This show said that the nitrogen applied to farm fields was the results of trying to make bombs for one of the world wars.  The science came out of that.  I get a little lost in all the talk of chemicals because I just don't do that.  It's rare I use any of that.  It wasn't until I got to the master gardeners that I had to learn something about that.  It's university based so they try to science you into using it.  I listen.  One guy said he remembers his father going to the university and learning all the new science, applying it with great results but now the soil is shit and he's spent the last 5 years on the family farm trying to repair the damage from that.  He was a little disillusioned that his father had been so mislead, that everybody had been so mislead. 

Okay, last makeup story.  I know women who reapply their makeup before they go to bed.  This one lady, now divorced, said her husband never saw her without makeup.  She wore it to bed and got up before him every morning to reapply it.  I'm thinking that's kind of weird but what I was really thinking was, you never had shower sex? :lol:  Makeup probably had something to do with why that marriage failed.

• Haha 1

That happens quite a bit all over the world.  People trying to protect the land and animals vs those trying to develop it.

Marsha said the hawks and other birds of prey would have those chickens within a week.  We do have those birds and I love looking at them.  What I'm really looking for is some kind of draw to the gardens that is unique besides the plants.  I guess pets are out.  Or maybe I need a bigger pet, lol.  Yeah she's not going to let me put an alpaca in her orchard pen.

I missed out on the girl gene for makeup and shopping, lol.  I sold makeup because it was legal and I needed extra cash.  I worked with a bunch of women so I had customers at my fingertips.  I gave them all makeovers on my lunch hour to establish my customer base, lol.  The real secret to makeup sales is the skin care.  They use that everyday and it's expensive.  A blush can last them all year and doesn't cost that much.  There's a reason they show all the results through extreme close ups of the skin on that anti aging stuff, minor results that doesn't really translate to the larger picture if you ask me.

My daughter has a girl coming to do makeup.  They use a spray on foundation, like airbrushing.  I'll get a mask that doesn't really match up with the rest of what's going on with the body.  It will be okay.  I just have to look nice in her pictures.

This show said that the nitrogen applied to farm fields was the results of trying to make bombs for one of the world wars.  The science came out of that.  I get a little lost in all the talk of chemicals because I just don't do that.  It's rare I use any of that.  It wasn't until I got to the master gardeners that I had to learn something about that.  It's university based so they try to science you into using it.  I listen.  One guy said he remembers his father going to the university and learning all the new science, applying it with great results but now the soil is shit and he's spent the last 5 years on the family farm trying to repair the damage from that.  He was a little disillusioned that his father had been so mislead, that everybody had been so mislead. 

You can get these chicken cages on wheels. So you can 'free range' them but also protect them. Get the boys to move the cages around (it aint easy). A Grateful Dead fan alpaca farmer is the epitome of a stereotype! :lol:

So what you are saying is that I should sell my face cream because thats how you get the big money?!

They learned it from warfare? Bonkers!!! And to this day people steal nitrogen from farms to make bombs. Sigh. I guess thats the price society pays when it sees fit to put its brightest minds on developing weapons of war instead of creating the way towards peace. And that kind of over excessive nitrogen application is hard on our water purification plants. It gets through the process and back out to the ecosystem where it then fertilizes the algae that sits on the top of ponds. The algae grows over the top of the pond, thus shading the underwater plant life. It can kill it off, even. When will we ever learn??

The boss seems to have given up on eating my kale!!! Still a menace when it comes to new sprouts though :lol:

Okay, last makeup story.  I know women who reapply their makeup before they go to bed.  This one lady, now divorced, said her husband never saw her without makeup.  She wore it to bed and got up before him every morning to reapply it.  I'm thinking that's kind of weird but what I was really thinking was, you never had shower sex? :lol:  Makeup probably had something to do with why that marriage failed.

Im watching a show, The Marvellous Mrs Maisel on Prime. And thats exactly what the main character did too!! lol.

Maybe your women has waterproof makeup though? :lol: And a really sexy shower cap.