Gardening

Gracii Guns

Oh we all know who's going to be in charge of the library program but if somebody else wants to do it, I can do other things.  It's on the back burner for now.  Something to put together while I garden.

At least it was a burp and not a fart. :lol:  Canes are fashionable and how cool would you look with one you made yourself?  Not sure how you would put something on the end to help you with ice.  And it never hurts to carry a weapon that nobody is expecting.  Enlarge it to a walking stick and tie a ditty bag to it and you have a shopping cart.  Long hair and a walking stick, all the teens will want to look like you or people will stay the fuck away from you.  You could be a trendsetter or that scary guy.  Don't show anybody the fire emoji, lol.  

I have a crocus coming up!  Cute little purple.  Fuck the liriope.  I was going to hand cut it down but it's the weed wacker for that.  Normally I mow it down at home.  At the garden it has other plants mixed in with it so I have to be careful but it will take me way less time with the trimmer.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Oh we all know who's going to be in charge of the library program but if somebody else wants to do it, I can do other things.  It's on the back burner for now.  Something to put together while I garden.

At least it was a burp and not a fart. :lol:  Canes are fashionable and how cool would you look with one you made yourself?  Not sure how you would put something on the end to help you with ice.  And it never hurts to carry a weapon that nobody is expecting.  Enlarge it to a walking stick and tie a ditty bag to it and you have a shopping cart.  Long hair and a walking stick, all the teens will want to look like you or people will stay the fuck away from you.  You could be a trendsetter or that scary guy.  Don't show anybody the fire emoji, lol.  

I have a crocus coming up!  Cute little purple.  Fuck the liriope.  I was going to hand cut it down but it's the weed wacker for that.  Normally I mow it down at home.  At the garden it has other plants mixed in with it so I have to be careful but it will take me way less time with the trimmer.

Cute little crocus! Liriope is such an interesting name.

Haha, I usually burp and fart at once so I lucked out only burping! :lol: I often walk with my cane. And would have if I knew there was black ice. I see people with some snow spikes latched onto their canes. I should get one of those, there like water tires for the cane basically.

If I had long hair and a walking stick, Id look like this legendary man with kooky ideas... Dizzy's uncle. :lol:

I cant stop laughing about the fire emoji boxers! :lol: I dont think they even know what an emoji is! 

One of my kale elbowed! I must admit that I almost got a complex over how none where elbowing, like "I told Cin they should elbow but they haven't yet. Did I just imagine it???" :wow: But I checked my adult Black Magics and they all elbowed and were re-burried.

Its the most spindly one elbowing. Unsurprising since it was spindly enough to lay flat. So it had to reach its 'head' upwards for the light. But its elbowing. (all of my spindliest have purplish-pink stems, btw)

Marsha did not know about kale elbowing.  She's interested now.  We're watching for that.

Trainee class started tonight.  26 of them, 2 from the library classes and a lady I walked around the gardens and told about the class.  As they introduced themselves, I took notes, lol.  I'm figuring out which gardens I can direct them to and what skills they have that we can use.  And I recruited them for my watering teams.  Marsha was in there signing them up for planting.  Gave them the expectation they needed to try and complete their volunteer hours before the classes were over.  The head guy and the president both want my notes.  They may be a little confused about what they are doing but Marsha and I know how to work the crowd.

Geez, the cats won't leave me alone.

8 hours ago, cineater said:

Marsha did not know about kale elbowing.  She's interested now.  We're watching for that.

Trainee class started tonight.  26 of them, 2 from the library classes and a lady I walked around the gardens and told about the class.  As they introduced themselves, I took notes, lol.  I'm figuring out which gardens I can direct them to and what skills they have that we can use.  And I recruited them for my watering teams.  Marsha was in there signing them up for planting.  Gave them the expectation they needed to try and complete their volunteer hours before the classes were over.  The head guy and the president both want my notes.  They may be a little confused about what they are doing but Marsha and I know how to work the crowd.

Geez, the cats won't leave me alone.

Some of them - all of my outside kale - get somewhat big before they elbow. But my tiny spindallys are already doing it. Ill try and get pics!

2 people from the classes is a solid start to that recruiting. 26 is a big team. Is that a common size for you? They want your notes? This is quite the serious operation y'all got going over there! Must feel great to be in the momentum of the seasons launch?

'Get this winter coat off of me!' :lol: Beakers back to normal... doing MMA moves on my hand. 

Placing an order for micro green seeds and a drill to turn my terracotta trays into bottom watering micro green trays!

Marsha only grows kale up to the point where we can sell them so she's probably not seen them get that big.  We have another round of transplanting today.  Some of my seedlings are going and I'll bring back something.  I'm pretty much on property until tomorrow afternoon.  I'm talking Saturday off to learn how to make rag rugs, an outing with the girls.  I've been alarm clock woke all week.  Not use to that.  I'm sleeping in Monday!  I hope.  It's been a busy week.

26 is a little bump in our numbers.  What's important is how many stick with us after the training.  When I work the class our retention numbers increase.  I'm very personal and make sure everybody gets a niche and feels part of the group.  Anyone could do that.  I showed them how, somebody came along and did it different, numbers dropped and I've been back at it for a few years with the numbers back up.  Justin wants to know how I do that when he gets a minute but he's got St Louis county bringing their trainees out for a round of how that's done.  Careful, I will love on those folks into our group, lol.

Lily runs around this house like she's a greyhound.  Simone spends the day outside.  Spring is starting.

Wedding cake taster didn't pass the test.  Probably didn't help the kid had a cold.  She's going to be trying cakes all month.  Nothing goes with alcohol and nobody really notices the cake, just pick one.

Marsha only grows kale up to the point where we can sell them so she's probably not seen them get that big.  We have another round of transplanting today.  Some of my seedlings are going and I'll bring back something.  I'm pretty much on property until tomorrow afternoon.  I'm talking Saturday off to learn how to make rag rugs, an outing with the girls.  I've been alarm clock woke all week.  Not use to that.  I'm sleeping in Monday!  I hope.  It's been a busy week.

26 is a little bump in our numbers.  What's important is how many stick with us after the training.  When I work the class our retention numbers increase.  I'm very personal and make sure everybody gets a niche and feels part of the group.  Anyone could do that.  I showed them how, somebody came along and did it different, numbers dropped and I've been back at it for a few years with the numbers back up.  Justin wants to know how I do that when he gets a minute but he's got St Louis county bringing their trainees out for a round of how that's done.  Careful, I will love on those folks into our group, lol.

Lily runs around this house like she's a greyhound.  Simone spends the day outside.  Spring is starting.

Wedding cake taster didn't pass the test.  Probably didn't help the kid had a cold.  She's going to be trying cakes all month.  Nothing goes with alcohol and nobody really notices the cake, just pick one.

I wonder what youll come home with? Feels good when seedlings that you grew finally get planted in the ground, eh? You sure are busy. Dont forget to turn off your alarm clock on Sunday night!! lol

Ah, the fun part of team building, before personalities arise :lol:

If one has a sweet tooth a month of tasting cakes sounds nice. Sounds like youd just as soon say yes to the first one?

A bit warmer again today. But Im icing my knee and dont wanna risk any more falls. Looking forward to going by my garden to see the perennials dead tops poking through the snow.

I'm on lunch break.  We just had 800 plants come in as plugs and they all have to get transplanted plus what we are bringing in from home.  The greenhouse just went to full, lol.

I finished spring ready for all my beds.  Wedding is all on track.  She can try all the cake she wants just let me know who to write the check to, lol.

I'm on lunch break.  We just had 800 plants come in as plugs and they all have to get transplanted plus what we are bringing in from home.  The greenhouse just went to full, lol.

I finished spring ready for all my beds.  Wedding is all on track.  She can try all the cake she wants just let me know who to write the check to, lol.

800?!?! And I know that what you're all bringing from home is a tonne too!! :wow: 

Beds are ready, youre off and running! 

Just not enough cake that you need the wedding dress refitted, lol

I ended up doing errands and had so successfully convinced myself that it is spring here that I attempted to walk into the garden. I was thinking to myself "The raised beds look so much lower than I remember...." and then I sank into the snow up to my thighs :lol: Was kinda stuck for a moment there, lol

:lol:  Should have been wearing your fire underwear.

We got all the plugs planted and about half of what people brought in.  Made sure what I grew got planted.  I came home with 5 flats of basil to bring up from seed.  Never grown them.  We made one big mess and fortunately I had to come home to get ready for another meeting tonight with the Extension Counsel up there.  At least I get dinner.  And I'm sitting there listening as the success of the library classes are being praised and the head guy is taking liberties with his involvement in the whole thing, lol.  He knows he's taking more credit then he should and I'm sitting there.  I'm okay with it, not a paying job for me, not building a resume.  I see it as you had a good person on the job who needed no supervision and you let them do their thing.  Supportive boss.  I didn't teach the classes.  It was a team and he's the leader.

And then he went into the garden twig people we are building, lol.  Okay somebody has got to come up with some ideas besides me!  Justin did the same thing everything that came out of his mouth about what our group had going on he heard from me.  I need to get in some more garden time so I can dream.  My best ideas come to me when I garden.

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, cineater said:

:lol:  Should have been wearing your fire underwear.

We got all the plugs planted and about half of what people brought in.  Made sure what I grew got planted.  I came home with 5 flats of basil to bring up from seed.  Never grown them.  We made one big mess and fortunately I had to come home to get ready for another meeting tonight with the Extension Counsel up there.  At least I get dinner.  And I'm sitting there listening as the success of the library classes are being praised and the head guy is taking liberties with his involvement in the whole thing, lol.  He knows he's taking more credit then he should and I'm sitting there.  I'm okay with it, not a paying job for me, not building a resume.  I see it as you had a good person on the job who needed no supervision and you let them do their thing.  Supportive boss.  I didn't teach the classes.  It was a team and he's the leader.

And then he went into the garden twig people we are building, lol.  Okay somebody has got to come up with some ideas besides me!  Justin did the same thing everything that came out of his mouth about what our group had going on he heard from me.  I need to get in some more garden time so I can dream.  My best ideas come to me when I garden.

The greenhouse must smell so good!? Hopefully someone else cleaned up the mess. You have a very gracious attitude about it all, but I wish you would get the credit you deserve. People are so odd - taking the credit right there in front of you. Hope the dinner was good at least. 

Get out there and dream up everything they will take credit for next year :lol:

First we were kale twins and now we are basil twins!! Ive grown Genovese and Holy basil. Genovese currently. Outdoors growth has been uniform. But under lights germination has been spotty for me. I dont really know much of anything about growing basil, lol. Indoors I tend to get one or two take such a lead that I eventually just keep them as their larger pots take up space under the lights from the runts. If you get uniform germination, please teach me how?!? I havent even clipped this sowing yet.

Beakers shedding now too... huge clumps. I think he's shedding brain too, lol. I watched him approach his food and as far as I can tell he forgot how to eat. After some confused looks he swatted his bowl and walked to the grow room to snack on some soil. :lol:

I can not explain that cat behavior. :lol:

I have to be gracious.  None of these projects are done by myself, there's a whole group involved.  I'm the push behind it but others help me carry it through.  I'd rather they refer to it as the team instead of using my name.  But having said that, wtf?  I mentioned the open house and he acted like it was new information.  We've talked about this and he's suppose to be getting the keynote speaker.  That won't happen though as the creek project is on delay.  Can't play in the creek this time a year.  That's a midsummer project.  I'm back to worry if my projects I have going are going to work out.  I'm not successful in everything I do, just don't want to be a total bomb!

5 hours ago, cineater said:

I can not explain that cat behavior. :lol:

I have to be gracious.  None of these projects are done by myself, there's a whole group involved.  I'm the push behind it but others help me carry it through.  I'd rather they refer to it as the team instead of using my name.  But having said that, wtf?  I mentioned the open house and he acted like it was new information.  We've talked about this and he's suppose to be getting the keynote speaker.  That won't happen though as the creek project is on delay.  Can't play in the creek this time a year.  That's a midsummer project.  I'm back to worry if my projects I have going are going to work out.  I'm not successful in everything I do, just don't want to be a total bomb!

And he wanted ALL the soil! I had to clean up every last speck or he'd be eating it :lol:

Why is the creek project delayed? I forget.

Im sure your current projects will go off as perfectly as the library classes.

Cant wait to get my produce harvesting knife!! At this rate I will have my new indoor garden up and running right in time for the outdoor season to start :facepalm::lol:

Edit: just had garden pesto pasta. So good!

Edited by soon

They can't get into the creek to do what they need to do because it's spring, it rains and it floods.  You'd think that would obvious to everyone but you have people who try to ignore that.

Wearing my soft soled boots today and a twig went right through to poke me in the foot.  It's still stuck in the sole of my boot.  I don't want to pull it out because then my boots won't be rain proof any more.  Didn't want to wear my tire tread boots as they aren't waterproof.

The greenhouse is so full we can't pot up much more.  We have a cool season plant sale in two weeks and that will free up some space but we're close to putting plants on plastic on the floor.

3 hours ago, cineater said:

They can't get into the creek to do what they need to do because it's spring, it rains and it floods.  You'd think that would obvious to everyone but you have people who try to ignore that.

Wearing my soft soled boots today and a twig went right through to poke me in the foot.  It's still stuck in the sole of my boot.  I don't want to pull it out because then my boots won't be rain proof any more.  Didn't want to wear my tire tread boots as they aren't waterproof.

The greenhouse is so full we can't pot up much more.  We have a cool season plant sale in two weeks and that will free up some space but we're close to putting plants on plastic on the floor.

Oh of course, the floods. I was worried it was a funding issue.

Ouch! Hope you are okay. I love that you kept the stick in place to plug the hole, lol. You might be due for a new pair of garden boots. I thought you loved your pair of mil boots, though?

That must be so cool to have a green house just filled to the brim! Im jealous.

All my plants are completely stalled.

I do love my milk boots but they are too cold on days like today.

I have tomorrow off from the gardens.  We're learning to make rag rugs.  I'm getting a real interest in weaving.  I might just want to sit and weave a basket.

I don't know, I walked in that greenhouse and went, oh fuck.  Two months of keeping that many plants under care, I need help.  And the greenhouse is such a wreck.  Trying to move around in there is difficult.  I just want to kick everybody out.  We're getting ready to call in the evening watering crews.

8 hours ago, cineater said:

I do love my milk boots but they are too cold on days like today.

I have tomorrow off from the gardens.  We're learning to make rag rugs.  I'm getting a real interest in weaving.  I might just want to sit and weave a basket.

I don't know, I walked in that greenhouse and went, oh fuck.  Two months of keeping that many plants under care, I need help.  And the greenhouse is such a wreck.  Trying to move around in there is difficult.  I just want to kick everybody out.  We're getting ready to call in the evening watering crews.

Rag rugs sounds fun. Im interested in weaving too! 

Hope that today while youre away from the garden that they will get the greenhouse tidied up.

How is the sedum on the winding path doing?

We're kicked off campus today as 4H has a big event.  The greenhouse crew is suppose to get in there, water and get out.  We have a couple of people who think that doesn't apply to them.  Hopefully they straighten up a bit.  All that transplanting, my back and wrist are screaming.  I am so going to suck at pinball tomorrow.

Sedum is coming through but I'm not happy with how close the path comes to a tree.  Going to have to move it back some.  The new daylily lead is feeling the heat of the problem child.  Some people really hate that garden and they've been chatting in his ear.  Well not they, Marsha.  She wants that gone.  Marsha will be the next overall garden lead and she will be a good one.  She's got a little surprise coming.  I have something in development she knows nothing about.  There's going to be more to the job then just taking care of the plants.  When I walk away, the focus will be using the gardens for education.  That's my push, we'll see if I get away with it.

I want to get out there and learn some shit.  It's all still connected to the garden or maybe just a way of living life.  My focus was always the hundreds of children I was looking out for and the few at home.  I missed out on what interested me.

3 hours ago, cineater said:

We're kicked off campus today as 4H has a big event.  The greenhouse crew is suppose to get in there, water and get out.  We have a couple of people who think that doesn't apply to them.  Hopefully they straighten up a bit.  All that transplanting, my back and wrist are screaming.  I am so going to suck at pinball tomorrow.

Sedum is coming through but I'm not happy with how close the path comes to a tree.  Going to have to move it back some.  The new daylily lead is feeling the heat of the problem child.  Some people really hate that garden and they've been chatting in his ear.  Well not they, Marsha.  She wants that gone.  Marsha will be the next overall garden lead and she will be a good one.  She's got a little surprise coming.  I have something in development she knows nothing about.  There's going to be more to the job then just taking care of the plants.  When I walk away, the focus will be using the gardens for education.  That's my push, we'll see if I get away with it.

I want to get out there and learn some shit.  It's all still connected to the garden or maybe just a way of living life.  My focus was always the hundreds of children I was looking out for and the few at home.  I missed out on what interested me.

Im very intrigued. What is the surprise? Whats the way of living?

I admire you commitment to getting that path 'just so.'

That was fun.  I learned how to cut a piece of paper so it comes out in a continuous line.  Then we cut a t-shirt to make a ball of yarn.  And crochet it into a coaster.  I haven't crocheted in 50 years but it came back.  I was expecting us to braid a rug but this was fun too.  They call this a heritage craft.  I'm old enough to remember my grandmother and mother doing these things.  I was taught some of them but have lost them from not using them as this modern age rolled in.

The gardens were started by 8 people with a vision to create demonstration gardens.  Their vision for the gardens ended there which is where we are at.  It's time for a new vision.  What we do with them now.  I've asked the two new guys who are over us to hold a meeting with the garden leads to develop a group vision for the gardens.  Set our goals.  Marsha is entrenched in the old vision.  She's so busy working it, she doesn't have time for change and dreams.  There's a couple of the old guard who are very invested in no change.  It's not going t be easy for them to look at it in a different way.  So far I've been pushing my vision.  It's going over because I've heard it come back to me.  It's time we formalize a group vision.  Marsha is not going to like the idea but she's already buying into it.  I'm taking it out of my hands and bumping it up to a higher authority and placing the responsibility on the group. 

I may not like the results either.  It won't be all my way.  They may not even go the direction I've been trying to point them.  Might just be a surprise to the both of us.  But I'm hoping it gives new life to the gardens and puts them back in the forefront of what the group is doing.  I've kind of stacked the deck there as I got everyone who is on the main steering committee to be garden leads, lol.  I've set it up as best I can. 

romanesco.jpg

How cool is that?  It's like a broccoli or cauliflower.  Found it here under unusual veggies.  https://ipm.missouri.edu/MEG/2020/3/uniqueVegetables-DT/  Looks like you could grow it.  They mention a microgreen in that articile.  

We have our first case of the coronavirus in St Louis.  Please don't stick us with 7000 plants to care for.  Could you imagine if nobody comes to the plant sale?

Edited by cineater

14 hours ago, cineater said:

That was fun.  I learned how to cut a piece of paper so it comes out in a continuous line.  Then we cut a t-shirt to make a ball of yarn.  And crochet it into a coaster.  I haven't crocheted in 50 years but it came back.  I was expecting us to braid a rug but this was fun too.  They call this a heritage craft.  I'm old enough to remember my grandmother and mother doing these things.  I was taught some of them but have lost them from not using them as this modern age rolled in.

Sounds awesome! Im trying to imagine how you can cut a piece f paper into a line? Magic. Turning an old shirt into a coaster is right up my lane. I wish those skills never left. Cool that youre getting back into it! 

I grew flax with the intention to trash the stalks into a weaving medium... yeah, I still havent even hulled all the seeds, let alone thrash it and weave a trivet :lol:

14 hours ago, cineater said:

The gardens were started by 8 people with a vision to create demonstration gardens.  Their vision for the gardens ended there which is where we are at.  It's time for a new vision.  What we do with them now.  I've asked the two new guys who are over us to hold a meeting with the garden leads to develop a group vision for the gardens.  Set our goals.  Marsha is entrenched in the old vision.  She's so busy working it, she doesn't have time for change and dreams.  There's a couple of the old guard who are very invested in no change.  It's not going t be easy for them to look at it in a different way.  So far I've been pushing my vision.  It's going over because I've heard it come back to me.  It's time we formalize a group vision.  Marsha is not going to like the idea but she's already buying into it.  I'm taking it out of my hands and bumping it up to a higher authority and placing the responsibility on the group. 

I may not like the results either.  It won't be all my way.  They may not even go the direction I've been trying to point them.  Might just be a surprise to the both of us.  But I'm hoping it gives new life to the gardens and puts them back in the forefront of what the group is doing.  I've kind of stacked the deck there as I got everyone who is on the main steering committee to be garden leads, lol.  I've set it up as best I can. 

I see. I can get how they might be entrenched in the original vision. But time to add onto that successful vision. 

Hopefully youll all get excited by the way forward.

11 hours ago, cineater said:

romanesco.jpg

How cool is that?  It's like a broccoli or cauliflower.  Found it here under unusual veggies.  https://ipm.missouri.edu/MEG/2020/3/uniqueVegetables-DT/  Looks like you could grow it.  They mention a microgreen in that articile.  

We have our first case of the coronavirus in St Louis.  Please don't stick us with 7000 plants to care for.  Could you imagine if nobody comes to the plant sale?

So cool! Its got that sciency 'fibonacci sequence' spirally design. Its almost hypnotic to look at. Definitely a home cooks garden item! I think Ive seen those on cooking competition shows. It really does look alien like the article says. I bet I could try that out here! Sounds delicious too.

That mention of micro greens is neat, Id not heard the term they use before. They call it a "plantlet." Cool. Peppergrass sounds tasty too. I like the spicy ones. Will try both. Thanks!

I raised my lights and the basil and kale has taken off again! Ive been reading up on basil and am going to try it on less light next time - says only 6 hours. Currently its sharing a shelf so its on a 16 hour cycle. So I will need to grow an entire shelf of it next time so I can dedicate a timer to it. How many hours are you putting yours under lights per day?

I was thinking it looked like a seashell.

Mine are on 18 hours.  Don't know why, Marsha said, lol.  I had to send her a picture and call this morning.  There is lots of black spots under the pansy leaves.  I say eggs.  She's thinking fungus.  They went to quarantine.  Sundays we clean up the greenhouse, throw out the trash and do the dishes.  Looking way better from when I got there.

We set the clocks ahead one hour.  Enough said there.

38 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was thinking it looked like a seashell.

Mine are on 18 hours.  Don't know why, Marsha said, lol.  I had to send her a picture and call this morning.  There is lots of black spots under the pansy leaves.  I say eggs.  She's thinking fungus.  They went to quarantine.  Sundays we clean up the greenhouse, throw out the trash and do the dishes.  Looking way better from when I got there.

We set the clocks ahead one hour.  Enough said there.

Totally looks like a seas shell. They have the fibonacci sequence too! Apparently its the most common design in nature (or something to that effect). And artists and photographers use it to 'frame' their pictures. Its a fun google rabbit hole o go down.

I misspoke about the light times. I meant now that I have mature basil plants, some guides only call for 6 hours. For germinating Im sure it is longer like we both have it.

Oh, yikes. Eggs and fungus both suck. Neat to have a problem to learn about solving though.

Yeah, clocks forward hit me hard apparently. I left for the laundromat this morning before I had coffee - Id get some on the outside while the wash is in. So, given less sleep and no coffee I somehow managed to not wear a shirt under my zip up hoodie, which I wore as my jacket. So in the hot laundromat I unzipped my hoodie. I was basically topless without noticing for a solid 5 minutes before I caught people looking :lol: I figure they thought I was out of shirts by laundry day :lol:

5 minutes, lol.  The neighbors are going to start giving you shirts.

Marsha says my lights are on 16 hours.  They go off around midnight and come on around 6 so somewhere around 18.  But with the time change I'm not sure what the times are now.  I'll get in there tomorrow and make sure I'm at 16 hours.  11 to 7.  Anyway 6 hours of sunlight is the minimum for full sun plants.  But lights are not sunlight, they are less.  I'm thinking you are okay with the 16 but move the lights up as they grow.   There's probably a math equation for that.

lol, Marsha, she decided to tell me about the email she sent so I wouldn't be blindsided.  I already knew about it but I didn't know the guy answered he didn't have time for it.  Yeah I know she has concerns but it's no big deal.  I was just going to let the issue blow over and apparently he thinks it's nonsense too.

It was aphids.  Good catch on my part.  The pansies were treated and it's warm enough to leave them outside.  Marsha panicked about nobody coming to the plant sale because of the virus too.  She calls me negative Nancy because I always think of what could go wrong.  I call it troubleshooting and I always have a backup plan.  I have one for this too.  We'll just take online orders.  They can pull up, we'll put plants in cars and take the check.  Er, yeah I thought of that and solved it before it occurred to her.  I'm your trouble shooter.  They only thing I don't have a plan for is a direct tornado hit with a full greenhouse.  We're going down if that happens.  But then what do we need money for if we don't have the gardens?  Don't need a back up plan at that point, I need a new dream.

9 hours ago, cineater said:

5 minutes, lol.  The neighbors are going to start giving you shirts.

Marsha says my lights are on 16 hours.  They go off around midnight and come on around 6 so somewhere around 18.  But with the time change I'm not sure what the times are now.  I'll get in there tomorrow and make sure I'm at 16 hours.  11 to 7.  Anyway 6 hours of sunlight is the minimum for full sun plants.  But lights are not sunlight, they are less.  I'm thinking you are okay with the 16 but move the lights up as they grow.   There's probably a math equation for that.

lol, Marsha, she decided to tell me about the email she sent so I wouldn't be blindsided.  I already knew about it but I didn't know the guy answered he didn't have time for it.  Yeah I know she has concerns but it's no big deal.  I was just going to let the issue blow over and apparently he thinks it's nonsense too.

It was aphids.  Good catch on my part.  The pansies were treated and it's warm enough to leave them outside.  Marsha panicked about nobody coming to the plant sale because of the virus too.  She calls me negative Nancy because I always think of what could go wrong.  I call it troubleshooting and I always have a backup plan.  I have one for this too.  We'll just take online orders.  They can pull up, we'll put plants in cars and take the check.  Er, yeah I thought of that and solved it before it occurred to her.  I'm your trouble shooter.  They only thing I don't have a plan for is a direct tornado hit with a full greenhouse.  We're going down if that happens.  But then what do we need money for if we don't have the gardens?  Don't need a back up plan at that point, I need a new dream.

Ha, some will give me shirts. Others will invent the rumour that I have the Superman symbol shaved into my chest :lol:

Cool, thanks of the basil math!

Great catch on those aphids! Theyre really tiny. Is aphids a soapy water fix?

Thats a great back up plan for the plant sale. And you can advertise that the house plants purify the air (not of the virus, but makes for easier breathing and better health in general). And for the later plant sale you can advertise that things like Garlic and Nasturtium supports the immune system.

"Well, Toto, I think the green house is in Kansas now." lol. That would be horrible if you got taken out my a tornado. I really hope we dot get more again this season.

Back for a bit of stocking-up groceries today. Am I the only one making sure to top up all my cooking spices? Bougiest emergency kit ever! :lol: