Gardening

Gracii Guns

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Little basils popping up everywhere.  The coleus are getting their fertilizer too.  Trying to slow down their growth isn't working, lol.

I have steering committee this morning.  Please let this be less than a 3 hour meeting.  I'm sitting on all the group activities I have planned and figuring I will have to cancel them.  I've mentioned them but not really promoted them.  Not building an excitement into them or pushing for the group to build off of them.  Also have the Extension awards dinner tonight that I'm thinking nobody is coming to.  People are just not showing up.

We didn't buy any tickets yet so I'm not keeping track of the concerts.  I'm planning on greenhouse sitting a lot, lol.  The library cancelled all their programing for March.  Wondering how long all this will last.  I think the wedding will be a go.  My daughter is getting excited.  She has me booked for several appointments with her.  Relieved I'm stepping up to say I'm paying for that. 

Haha, those are some healthy Coleus!

Hope its a short meeting. Having a long planning meeting, only to have to cancels all the plans would be a pain in the ass. I bet you're winning an Extension award! :headbang:

Greenhouse sitting sounds excellent! I heard a professional working the outbreak in Canada say that they anticipate that this will take a year here. Thats unless no one takes precautions and it spikes. So far people are not taking precautions in public, though. They might close the border, even.

Yay wedding stuff!! :dance:Im so happy that your daughter isnt letting the uncertainty get her down. Have a blast together at those appointments!

Woohoo, she had to admit that half of the attendees at our all day workshop were likely the results of the library classes.  We didn't do anything different in advertising but the library classes.  Dare I say that event would have been a flop without half of the attendees.  I'd say I saved her ass, lol.  But I'm probably taking too much credit there.  It all worked and both programs were successful.

We continue to have shut downs.  Everybody is following suit.  The economy is going in the toilet.  The next 30 days is going to be interesting. 

Okay, you weren't here to get my news but let me just continue, lol.  Somewhere in there she said something about "having to ride" me to make sure our members didn't attend.  No, you had a little meltdown at the steering meeting and told everybody to be prepared to lose money on the workshop because of the library classes.  I already had the membership covered to discourage their participation.  I didn't hear from you after that.  She does not know the meaning of riding somebody's ass.  I do that very well.  And then when that didn't make her look good she tried to fault me on did I get feedback.  Yep, had that covered too.  Just stop trying to look like your in charge.  The whole thing ran like clockwork and not a quirk in it from our side.  It was a win all the way around and you had nothing to do with it, lol.

I just played nice the whole time and built our relationship.  I'm hoping she wants to show me up, lol.  I'm more than happy to let her organize shit and I just help out.  Lets see if she takes the bait.

50 minutes ago, cineater said:

Woohoo, she had to admit that half of the attendees at our all day workshop were likely the results of the library classes.  We didn't do anything different in advertising but the library classes.  Dare I say that event would have been a flop without half of the attendees.  I'd say I saved her ass, lol.  But I'm probably taking too much credit there.  It all worked and both programs were successful.

We continue to have shut downs.  Everybody is following suit.  The economy is going in the toilet.  The next 30 days is going to be interesting. 

Awesome! Well done! Your library classes kicked complete ass :headbang:Who is "she?"

Interesting for sure. The only shelves emptier than the toilet paper and hand sanitizer shelves are at the Beer Store. People were buying like 100 cans of beer at once! Others still, backing their trucks into the front and having a team fill it up. And it was funny because usually large purchases are for restaurants who require a license. So the cashier is asking everyone "Licence?" so they know how to enter the purchase, but no one knows what thats about so you had 50 year old men showing their drivers licenses because they thought that they were being carded for their age :lol: Perhaps some wishful thinking going on their 

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Okay, you weren't here to get my news but let me just continue, lol.  Somewhere in there she said something about "having to ride" me to make sure our members didn't attend.  No, you had a little meltdown at the steering meeting and told everybody to be prepared to lose money on the workshop because of the library classes.  I already had the membership covered to discourage their participation.  I didn't hear from you after that.  She does not know the meaning of riding somebody's ass.  I do that very well.  And then when that didn't make her look good she tried to fault me on did I get feedback.  Yep, had that covered too.  Just stop trying to look like your in charge.  The whole thing ran like clockwork and not a quirk in it from our side.  It was a win all the way around and you had nothing to do with it, lol.

I just played nice the whole time and built our relationship.  I'm hoping she wants to show me up, lol.  I'm more than happy to let her organize shit and I just help out.  Lets see if she takes the bait.

She sounds like a dick.

Let me see her try and show you up! :axl92:

She is the person I thought of as my mentor and has been talking behind my back.  I forgot, she tried to get me on submitting a final report.  Not required but yeah I did that too, lol.  Try to trip me up, not happening.

They just cancelled our awards dinner for tonight at 6 at 1:30.  Over reaction there but it might have come down from the university.  But we have to pay for the food anyway.  Wonder if that also means all of our transplanting parties will be cancelled and our plant sale of the cool season crops in 2 weeks? 

Alcohol and makeup sales always increase in times of stress.  Trump is calling an emergency press conference to declare a national emergency.  He has people packed in there, sitting shoulder to shoulder. :lol:  He's going to get shit for that.  This is a change of pace and all but, it's getting boring really quick.  The state followed suit and declared an emergency followed by the county.

Edited by cineater

17 hours ago, cineater said:

She is the person I thought of as my mentor and has been talking behind my back.  I forgot, she tried to get me on submitting a final report.  Not required but yeah I did that too, lol.  Try to trip me up, not happening.

They just cancelled our awards dinner for tonight at 6 at 1:30.  Over reaction there but it might have come down from the university.  But we have to pay for the food anyway.  Wonder if that also means all of our transplanting parties will be cancelled and our plant sale of the cool season crops in 2 weeks? 

Alcohol and makeup sales always increase in times of stress.  Trump is calling an emergency press conference to declare a national emergency.  He has people packed in there, sitting shoulder to shoulder. :lol:  He's going to get shit for that.  This is a change of pace and all but, it's getting boring really quick.  The state followed suit and declared an emergency followed by the county.

Oh no. Sounds upsetting. Haha, got her on that final report. She's jealous of all your good ideas and successes?

Sorry that you couldnt receive your award :) My life is cancelled for the next weeks. Sucks. I really hope that the plant sale can go ahead.

Sounds about par for course for Trump :lol:Shits developing quickly. I wont bore you with details, but people in my life need to ask me if Im feeling well instead of if I need toilet paper. ffs. :( 

I need a big bed to anger-weed! :lol:

I don't know why she is like she is.  She's chased some of our long time members off with the way she is.

Are you feeling well?  My side project has been grounded to the house since she just had major surgery.  Her nurse said she needs to stay away from people.  Now is not the time to catch anything.  I sent you coleus to perk you up.

I am fully stocked on TP.  I have 99 rolls, lol.  Somebody gave it to me as a joke to get over my shitty job.  They are open rolls so I'm not sure where they have been but this may be my opportunity to get rid of them.

We are cold and wet today.  The evening watering crews are all cancelled for next week due to cloudy skies but we are do to warm up.  Leslie made a brush fence yesterday that I hear is really cool.  I'm going to run up there and take a look and send you a picture.

32 minutes ago, cineater said:

I don't know why she is like she is.  She's chased some of our long time members off with the way she is.

Are you feeling well?  My side project has been grounded to the house since she just had major surgery.  Her nurse said she needs to stay away from people.  Now is not the time to catch anything.  I sent you coleus to perk you up.

I am fully stocked on TP.  I have 99 rolls, lol.  Somebody gave it to me as a joke to get over my shitty job.  They are open rolls so I'm not sure where they have been but this may be my opportunity to get rid of them.

We are cold and wet today.  The evening watering crews are all cancelled for next week due to cloudy skies but we are do to warm up.  Leslie made a brush fence yesterday that I hear is really cool.  I'm going to run up there and take a look and send you a picture.

She sounds miserable.

Im not feeling great. A difficult person in my life is really compounding the stress of the virus - couldnt even explain it if I tried. But the result is that I couldnt sleep all night and now have to deal wth them, sigh. So I feel stressed and tired. Thanks for asking :) Its cold and wet here too and I need windows open because neighbours. So I have a deep chill too. But I dont think anything I need to worry about.

Thanks for sending pics!!!! I would love to see them. But, in keeping with the current theme of my life, I just got locked out of that account. I will PM you a new address shortly. Please resend the pics to that one?? Very thoughtful of you.

Thats my situation too, I cant risk going out currently. Youd think Id be used to staying in, but the fact that its 100% because people just refuse to follow the expert advice and social distance that forces me to stay in... Im pissed off and stir crazy already. At least I have my indoor garden and beaker. My micro green seeds cant arrive soon enough. The will actually keep me properly busy because Ill be learning as I go.

Haha, 99 rolls? You and your crew always crack me up with your hijinks :lol: 

That fence sounds really neat. Looking forward to seeing it!

Give me that address.

It's called a wattle fence and it is so cool.  It's a barrier to keep the deer from coming directly on the property by that way.  This is the kind of hardscape I want on the property.  It's just not the right time of year to build those garden people out of plant material.  Everything is too brittle.  We may only get one built and have to make that a fall open house thing.

Sometimes it's just not worth talking about with other people.  Those are the folks I systematically try to work out of my life.  I have something you're going to love.  It's called zentangle.   

It's doodling and you will be amazed how doing this just really helps your head.  You don't need all their speciality stuff just a pencil and paper.

37 minutes ago, cineater said:

Give me that address.

It's called a wattle fence and it is so cool.  It's a barrier to keep the deer from coming directly on the property by that way.  This is the kind of hardscape I want on the property.  It's just not the right time of year to build those garden people out of plant material.  Everything is too brittle.  We may only get one built and have to make that a fall open house thing.

Sometimes it's just not worth talking about with other people.  Those are the folks I systematically try to work out of my life.  I have something you're going to love.  It's called zentangle.   

It's doodling and you will be amazed how doing this just really helps your head.  You don't need all their speciality stuff just a pencil and paper.

That is too cool! I love it! Im definitely gonna do that today, thanks! Even just watching her do it is awesome. I got a bit of an ASMR tingle going from it (you know that whisper talking business?). And that zone/tingle has completely turned around my mood and got rid of the boredom. Even just watching did great things for my head. You do them sometimes too? 

Oh thats too bad youll have to wait for the garden people. But its so cool to use the brush that way. It strikes me as being kind of medieval and familiar all at once, if that makes any sense. Looks beautiful.

Okay, but those Coleus!! Cin - I mean I was blown over. They are so gorgeous and healthy looking! See I cant imagine bringing that kind of beauty into the world from my grow room. I dont even know how to express myself. I think with that one picture you might have turned me into a flower gardener (also)!! Id be hard pressed to leave my grow room if thats what I had in it! I guess they not flowers but you know what I mean. I want those! Well done!

Zentangles, brush fence and Coleus has really turned my day around. Thanks!!

All that really made my day too.  And GNR taking the stage tonight.

I started the zentangle right before I retired.  I was a little freaked.  I did it for about 6 months and then got busy.  I was kind of struggling with something I was freaking out over a few months ago.  I went back to it but all my pens had dried up but just looking at the titles helped me settle down.  I'm feeling a real pull to start it again.  I was getting pretty good and starting to come up with my own designs.  Just draw a box on a piece of paper and start inside it.  I guess sometimes it helps to think inside the box. :lol:

The brush fence does look very medieval but it predates even that.  Leslie says it's not a true wattle fence as those are twigs weaved together and she'll show me how to do those.  I called her the coolest person I know. :lol:

Coleus are beautiful all the time.  Really makes one think how foliage is just as important in your landscape design as flowers.  Warning, they like lots of sun and lots of water.

I'm going to garden you out of your slump, just wait.

• Like 1

All that really made my day too.  And GNR taking the stage tonight.

I started the zentangle right before I retired.  I was a little freaked.  I did it for about 6 months and then got busy.  I was kind of struggling with something I was freaking out over a few months ago.  I went back to it but all my pens had dried up but just looking at the titles helped me settle down.  I'm feeling a real pull to start it again.  I was getting pretty good and starting to come up with my own designs.  Just draw a box on a piece of paper and start inside it.  I guess sometimes it helps to think inside the box. :lol:

The brush fence does look very medieval but it predates even that.  Leslie says it's not a true wattle fence as those are twigs weaved together and she'll show me how to do those.  I called her the coolest person I know. :lol:

Coleus are beautiful all the time.  Really makes one think how foliage is just as important in your landscape design as flowers.  Warning, they like lots of sun and lots of water.

I'm going to garden you out of your slump, just wait.

I think Guns will go on too late for me. But did you see the rehearsal clips? Pretty rockin! I guess it depends if one likes Hardschool. But I heard PTU and TAY and they were great too :headbang:

Thinking inside the box isnt my strong suit (see me planning to drill holes in my terracotta bottom trays to grow micro greens, lol)! Okay, so it helped you chill out too. Its real good therapy isnt it?

Weaving all those sticks together must take forever! I can imagine a wattle fence being prehistoric maybe? Leslie sounds super cool!

Its so true about the foliage. I mean I just learned that, but it makes perfect sense once Ive seen the coleus, lol. I might just have to start some and then see if I cant find them homes :lol:

Thanks. I hope so :) :hug:

It never occured to me about the foliage until somebody said it too.  But it's one of those things that makes total sense.

Leslie is a Master Naturalist too.  There should be a program where you are that is like that.

My daughter's friend came back from NY and they told her to self quarantine for 14 days.  Is NY that bad?  The first school here shut down.  They will probably all follow suit.

Caught a couple of GNR clips.  Took my nap so I'm catching the show, if we get streams.

I'm making cheesy potatoes. :heart:  Pinball league is suspended.  I'm okay with that.  I played my way into the big boys game.  I was going to get my ass kicked. :lol:

Edited by cineater

13 hours ago, cineater said:

It never occured to me about the foliage until somebody said it too.  But it's one of those things that makes total sense.

Leslie is a Master Naturalist too.  There should be a program where you are that is like that.

My daughter's friend came back from NY and they told her to self quarantine for 14 days.  Is NY that bad?  The first school here shut down.  They will probably all follow suit.

Caught a couple of GNR clips.  Took my nap so I'm catching the show, if we get streams.

I'm making cheesy potatoes. :heart:  Pinball league is suspended.  I'm okay with that.  I played my way into the big boys game.  I was going to get my ass kicked. :lol:

Master Naturalist sounds so cool! Ive been reading all about it. I would love to become one. While there is a Master Gardener course offered here, there isnt a Master Naturalist here. Theres one in my province but not close by. So it would take some planning. I also accidentally learned that "naturist" means "nudist." :lol:. The course was established in 2015 here. Closer to home there is an eco-adventurist diploma program that has some overlapping studies. But winter camping and white water kayaking isnt so much my speed.

14 days with no symptoms?? Wow. that does sound like a lot. Ive lost track of numbers but they did seem to be getting high, fast the last I checked. Schools closed here for at least 3 weeks. 

I heard Axl was sounding good last night? I hope you enjoyed the show!

Cheesy potatoes :drool: mmmmmmm. Wish Id have had the opportunity to stock up on those ingredients. That is the perfect food for today. Enjoy.

I boiled some cinnamon sticks to freshen up the air. That 'warmth' of the smell was nice. But then I let it go too long and all the water evaporated and the sticks burned to the pan. :facepalm::lol:

You would have still kicked ass in the Pinball tourney. You earned that tier! 

I wanted to zentangle your coleus. But thats way too advanced for me!

Edited by soon

Naturalist means nudist?  Good to know.  I might have walked into the wrong meeting. :lol:

We've had our first school closing but they will drop like flies from here.  Apparently a couple of states are hotspots.  If you fly in from there you are ordered quarantined.

Axl was sounding good.  I had some computer issues and had to reboot and of course there was an update.  Little disappointing there were no real surprises.

Did I get kale in the greenhouse pictures?  I was just shooting the cool season crops.  Got there at 8 this morning and the heater was going.  It's a cold day here.  The lettuce looks fantastic.  I know what you mean by elbowing now.  I saw it on the broccoli and cauliflower.

Greg is offering us a discount if we show up today just to play the machines.  He's worried about his business.  I might go, I'm a little sleep deprived from last night.

35 minutes ago, cineater said:

Naturalist means nudist?  Good to know.  I might have walked into the wrong meeting. :lol:

We've had our first school closing but they will drop like flies from here.  Apparently a couple of states are hotspots.  If you fly in from there you are ordered quarantined.

Axl was sounding good.  I had some computer issues and had to reboot and of course there was an update.  Little disappointing there were no real surprises.

Did I get kale in the greenhouse pictures?  I was just shooting the cool season crops.  Got there at 8 this morning and the heater was going.  It's a cold day here.  The lettuce looks fantastic.  I know what you mean by elbowing now.  I saw it on the broccoli and cauliflower.

Greg is offering us a discount if we show up today just to play the machines.  He's worried about his business.  I might go, I'm a little sleep deprived from last night.

Naturist, not naturalist. I didnt notice the difference either. So I made a typo and hit search.... :lol:

Yikes. Serious stuff. Im being told that a majority of people are finally starting to socially distance here. So thats really great news for me. If it becomes the norm I can go out again!

Oh that sucks that your computer made you miss some of the show. Did you get to see So Fine? 

Waking up and heading that that incredible green house sounds so nice. Broccoli and cauliflower too - I never knew that.

I hope that small businesses can get a bit of support from gov and banks to get through this difficult period. Theres talk of that here, but Im not sure if its a done deal or any details. If I were Greg Id post a vid to socials showing me using disinfectant wipes on the machines. My plans to master capitalism were on hold anyways, so theres a silver lining to be found there I guess. Certainly the people who lease the buildings to small businesses should be easing mostly payments, because if the viable businesses that are already operating are put out of business, who will they rent too? If we could just magically find that sweet spot where everyone gives and everyone takes just what they need.

Time to transplant some basil and kale. Might just harvest the mature ones to make room. Not sure. Its weird that Im bored and I have stuff to do. And I love the stuff. But having the routine disrupted makes me drag my feet. Ill have to 'reset.' My basil germination is so ridiculously uneven. I have ones ready to up pot and clip. And others who paused at 2 inches.

That pausing is interesting.  Will have to run that by Marsha.

Greg's business is really slow.  He's a sports bar and with no sports on TV or league play, he's pretty dead.  Played a new machine, Rick and Morty, not that great.  Played with the big guys.  Didn't totally get my ass kicked. :lol:  Might be my last dinner out for a while.  Illinois ordered all bars and restaurants shut down.  It's like watching a house of cards go down.

Those big lights in the greenhouse have to be pretty high off the plants.  They have those boxes they have to be plugged into before you can plug them into the socket.  They generate heat too.  Most of the time they just hang there.  Once in a while we kick them on but everybody has to be moved out from underneath them especially on the top shelves.

We just got hit with an 8 week prohibition on gatherings of over 50 people.  That hits both plant sales.  We still have options but we're going to have to get real creative.

Edited by cineater

12 hours ago, cineater said:

That pausing is interesting.  Will have to run that by Marsha.

Greg's business is really slow.  He's a sports bar and with no sports on TV or league play, he's pretty dead.  Played a new machine, Rick and Morty, not that great.  Played with the big guys.  Didn't totally get my ass kicked. :lol:  Might be my last dinner out for a while.  Illinois ordered all bars and restaurants shut down.  It's like watching a house of cards go down.

Those big lights in the greenhouse have to be pretty high off the plants.  They have those boxes they have to be plugged into before you can plug them into the socket.  They generate heat too.  Most of the time they just hang there.  Once in a while we kick them on but everybody has to be moved out from underneath them especially on the top shelves.

We just got hit with an 8 week prohibition on gatherings of over 50 people.  That hits both plant sales.  We still have options but we're going to have to get real creative.

Thanks, I take it your basil are all growing well and even?

Oh a Sports Bar no less. That sucks. Not totally getting your ass kicked sounds pretty good :lol:. Im not sure if theres forced closures here yet, but everyone is staying home anyways.

What are those lights called? They must be something other than florescent? Thats wild!

Both plant sales :( What are you thinking of doing instead?

Yeah, my basil are all growing well.  Last night I started the marigold seeds for the parks.  I may have marigolds like you have kale.  The seeds are getting old so I planned a bunch of them.  Instead of doing individual cells, I broadcast them.  We'll see how many comes up.

I call them the big lights, lol.  Not for home use so one of those things I don't need to know.  I know you can't touch the bulbs.  You can't get the oil from your skin on them.  I put a bug in Marsha's ear about creating a class on lights.  Must be buzzing in there because she was talking about getting Mark to do the part on LED lights.  He's a wantabe pot grower but grows tomatoes instead, lol.

So far the office has said, business as usual in the greenhouse.  They don't realize we have a small plant sale this weekend.  It's a wait and see at this point.  Definitely an overreaction going on.  If it works, things will lighten up later.  We've talked about online ordering, going off campus to sell and holding on the big sale to mid May.  I'll be cancelling the two group events I had scheduled.  If the plant sale gets pushed to May, I'll have to cancel the open house event I had planned for the gardens.  The tours are in the clear at the moment.  Our transplanting and seed parties may get cancelled and go to a few of us doing them.  I'm not sure if we will seed the peppers and tomatoes on time or wait a week or two.

The wedding is still on but the place where the shower is may cancel on us.  There's time to reschedule that.

Just sent you flowers.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, my basil are all growing well.  Last night I started the marigold seeds for the parks.  I may have marigolds like you have kale.  The seeds are getting old so I planned a bunch of them.  Instead of doing individual cells, I broadcast them.  We'll see how many comes up.

I call them the big lights, lol.  Not for home use so one of those things I don't need to know.  I know you can't touch the bulbs.  You can't get the oil from your skin on them.  I put a bug in Marsha's ear about creating a class on lights.  Must be buzzing in there because she was talking about getting Mark to do the part on LED lights.  He's a wantabe pot grower but grows tomatoes instead, lol.

So far the office has said, business as usual in the greenhouse.  They don't realize we have a small plant sale this weekend.  It's a wait and see at this point.  Definitely an overreaction going on.  If it works, things will lighten up later.  We've talked about online ordering, going off campus to sell and holding on the big sale to mid May.  I'll be cancelling the two group events I had scheduled.  If the plant sale gets pushed to May, I'll have to cancel the open house event I had planned for the gardens.  The tours are in the clear at the moment.  Our transplanting and seed parties may get cancelled and go to a few of us doing them.  I'm not sure if we will seed the peppers and tomatoes on time or wait a week or two.

The wedding is still on but the place where the shower is may cancel on us.  There's time to reschedule that.

Just sent you flowers.

Thanks so much for the flowers! They are pretty. I recognize them but I don’t recall hearing their name before. They’d be a great outer perimeter (I think?).

So weird about my basil. Could be down to this being yet another reason to switch suppliers. I don’t wish my kale problem on anyone! :lol: Broadcast sowing is so edgy and rebellious, hehe. Hope enough of em seeds are still good. You got this!

well those “big lights” sound neat! They have oil on them? It almost sounds like magic. A light class would be great! That’s another one I’d love to attend. Cin, anyone who identifies as a ‘tomato grower’ is growing pot. Lol. That’s code. Haha

what a hassle about the plant sale. Sorry to hear that. Hope whatever you may need to switch to works out. In my limited experience tomatoes are forgiving if you start them late and harden them off when they’re smaller. Since I have limited grow space I’ve usually done like 3-4 full room sowings and therefore the last group under lights is usually about half the size of the first grouping. For me this has always been just fine.

hopefully this will all be behind us all by the wedding. It sure would be nice if they don’t cancel your booking. Hope you two are having fun at the appointments!

No, you can't get oil on the lights.  They will explode.  I know, good class idea.  We are experimenting with streaming classes for a fee. 

I like the little fan appearance of the flower on those.  Forget the name at the moment.  They are good in hanging baskets and will take over and area as a border.  Things are just about to start blooming in the greenhouse.  Tomorrow, you are getting lantana.  They were just starting to open when I took that picture.

We have the grandma's coming to that shower so it might be a good thing if we cancel.  Wouldn't want to lose a grandma at this point.

Del is staying in Arizona.  He's got the 12 pantry beds adopted out, good job because he's not a people person and it's better if he works with them from a distance.  So I come along, give him all kinds of kudos and ask him to make up some educational signs for the beds.  He's grounded to the house so I'm just giving him something to do. :lol: 

Edited by cineater

2 hours ago, cineater said:

No, you can't get oil on the lights.  They will explode.  I know, good class idea.  We are experimenting with streaming classes for a fee. 

I like the little fan appearance of the flower on those.  Forget the name at the moment.  They are good in hanging baskets and will take over and area as a border.  Things are just about to start blooming in the greenhouse.  Tomorrow, you are getting lantana.  They were just starting to open when I took that picture.

We have the grandma's coming to that shower so it might be a good thing if we cancel.  Wouldn't want to lose a grandma at this point.

Del is staying in Arizona.  He's got the 12 pantry beds adopted out, good job because he's not a people person and it's better if he works with them from a distance.  So I come along, give him all kinds of kudos and ask him to make up some educational signs for the beds.  He's grounded to the house so I'm just giving him something to do. :lol: 

Oh right, that makes more sense about the oil :lol: Thats a great idea to stream the classes. And who knows, this time next year your Master Gardeners might be doing webinars for people all over the Earth!!??

Cant wait to see the Lantana! Someone had some germination?

Thats true, not worth risking the Grammas. Thats sad though. :( 

Ha, Del! If he does this homework, you should see what you can get him to do next? :lol:

Ooops, they cut off the blooms on the lantana.  They aren't allowed to start blooming yet.  They need more root growth.  Nobody got lantana up.  We ordered plugs, little starts.  But I do have some flowers for you tomorrow.

Everything got cancelled until May 15th.  They are working on how to do the plant sales.  Even the library closed.  Haven't heard about the room we rented for the shower.  They are going to do the student classes over the web.  They initially said only one person in the greenhouse at a time but then came back and said two or three.  My response was somebody has to eventually talk to Marsha about using the hose. :lol:

Edited by cineater

12 hours ago, cineater said:

Ooops, they cut off the blooms on the lantana.  They aren't allowed to start blooming yet.  They need more root growth.  Nobody got lantana up.  We ordered plugs, little starts.  But I do have some flowers for you tomorrow.

Everything got cancelled until May 15th.  They are working on how to do the plant sales.  Even the library closed.  Haven't heard about the room we rented for the shower.  They are going to do the student classes over the web.  They initially said only one person in the greenhouse at a time but then came back and said two or three.  My response was somebody has to eventually talk to Marsha about using the hose. :lol:

Haha, yeah one or two people hand watering that huge greenhouse wouldnt be any fun! :lol:

Cancelled until may 15th. Yikes. 

I didnt know that you could cut blooms of to promote further root development. Neat. Looking forward to the new flowers!

The flowers were a little sad.  It was pretty cool yesterday.  I've been watching them and they are slow to come out.  Any day we will be covered in daffodils. 

Shutting down San Francisco is scary.  Family of 4 goes through 17 rolls of toilet paper in two weeks.  We're learning all kinds of fun facts.

I'm waiting to see when I can get in the greenhouse today.  I need to do some transplanting.  The snapdragons need bigger pots.