Happy Birthday Steven!!

21 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

They all love Steven, they just don’t think he’s best for the band. And possibly it’s not best for Steven. 

My opinion: I would love to see him on the road more with the band. These guys are in their 50’s, time isn’t on their side. Stevens passion is GNR, let him live that out even if it kills him. The band itself isn’t doing anything special. They need to stop pretending they are on the verge of a breakthrough album. Play the music with people who love the music and ride it out into the sunset, quit pretending it’s anything more than a money tour. 

Not all of them love him. ;) But really, with the boatload of money this tour is raking in, paid by us, they could let him play the Appetite songs. That's all he wants to do anyway. And let Ferrer do the rest. And if Adler fucks it up, they could just kick him off the tour and move on with Ferrer. Like that they would give the fans what they want, give Steven what he wants and Axl would fullfill his "obligations" to Ferrer and would still feel that most people in the band are on his side. Everyone would win. No risk for anyone.

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Steven made his bed, he is laying in that bed. 

Geez. You mean the bed from 28 years ago?? That bed? It's not like the others haven't fucked up and walked away too.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Not all of them love him. ;) But really, with the boatload of money this tour is raking in, paid by us, they could let him play the Appetite songs. That's all he wants to do anyway. And let Ferrer do the rest. And if Adler fucks it up, they could just kick him off the tour and move on with Ferrer. Like that they would give the fans what they want, give Steven what he wants and Axl would fullfill his "obligations" to Ferrer and would still feel that most people in the band are on his side. Everyone would win. No risk for anyone.

These solutions seem easy when you're out, when it's not you who signed the contracts and when something goes very wrong you will not be held accountable. Imagine if they start touring with Adler, people buy tickets (including you) and something bad happens and they take Adler away, you would be the first one to come here to criticize them. And if something really serious happens, they would be crucified for the rest of their lives.

54 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Geez. You mean the bed from 28 years ago?? That bed? It's not like the others haven't fucked up and walked away too.

I don´t think so. This bed has been built over these 28 years. It wasn´t built just during the events that happened 28 years ago. Please tell me how many tours Adler has successfully completed in the last 28 years.

P.D .: I want to clarify that I don´t believe it's his fault. He's just another victim of this fucking disease. But it´s too stupid to pretend that this problem doesn´t exist and throw all the blame on Axl, Slash and Duff. 

2 hours ago, Derick said:

These solutions seem easy when you're out, when it's not you who signed the contracts and when something goes very wrong you will not be held accountable. Imagine if they start touring with Adler, people buy tickets (including you) and something bad happens and they take Adler away, you would be the first one to come here to criticize them. And if something really serious happens, they would be crucified for the rest of their lives.

I don´t think so. This bed has been built over these 28 years. It wasn´t built just during the events that happened 28 years ago. Please tell me how many tours Adler has successfully completed in the last 28 years.

P.D .: I want to clarify that I don´t believe it's his fault. He's just another victim of this fucking disease. But it´s too stupid to pretend that this problem doesn´t exist and throw all the blame on Axl, Slash and Duff. 

That is bullshit and you know it. They also had Izzy sporadically guest in '06 without any fallout when he wasn't there. If there is a will... but apparently there is not.

Edited by PatrickS77

32 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

That is bullshit and you know it. If there is a will... but apparently there is not.

Maybe that´s bullshit from your point of view, from your comfortable chair hidden behind a computer and from the point of view of someone who doesn´t have knowledge or responsibility about the matter. But If you want to keep denying it, fine. In the end, it is not about our lives that we are talking about. "No risk for anyone.", right?

1 hour ago, Derick said:

"No risk for anyone.", right?

Yes. No risk for anyone, when they have both Steven and Ferrer out on tour. And this insistance that there is no other way than Steven screwing up is presumptious, disrespectful, insulting and rude. He should be given a chance. Anyone assuming he couldn't do it is an arrogant self-rightous ass.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

The others are accomplished musicians of notable talent. 

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. No risk for anyone, when they have both Steven and Ferrer out on tour. And this insistance that there is no other way than Steven screwing up is presumptious, disrespectful, insulting and rude. He should be given a chance. Anyone assuming he couldn't do it is an arrogant self-rightous ass.

So in your brilliant mind is there no risk of a drug addicted such Adler get in a relapse? Shit, how dare I presume something like this? There's no evidences that can happen..Never happened before! My bad.

Maybe in a selfish hard-core fan world they can do it! Just put Adler on the road jumping from hotel to hotel all around the world and if something bad happen put Frank over there and everything is gonna be alright...Yeah.. Let´s say fuck to Adler´s health! Let´s say fuck to the band's commitments...! No risk for everyone.:facepalm:

55 minutes ago, Derick said:

So in your brilliant mind is there no risk of a drug addicted such Adler get in a relapse? Shit, how dare I presume something like this? There's no evidences that can happen..Never happened before! My bad.

Maybe in a selfish hard-core fan world they can do it! Just put Adler on the road jumping from hotel to hotel all around the world and if something bad happen put Frank over there and everything is gonna be alright...Yeah.. Let´s say fuck to Adler´s health! Let´s say fuck to the band's commitments...! No risk for everyone.:facepalm:

He's a grown ass man who wants to do it, who says he's able to do it and who is clean since a couple of years. It's not for you, them or anyone else but him to decide whether he is up for it. But again, you're showing the pretentious ass you are by insinuating that it's a forgone conclusion that he fucks it up and the only way that would require Ferrer to step in would be something tragic.

Giving him a chance to do it is way better than to fly him to god knows where, say, "WTF is he doing here?", letting him play one song and then sending him home. That is not looking out for him.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • GNFNR 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahA4E8MK76U

34 minutes ago, Derick said:

to my understanding he hadn't fucked up of late at all in any way since he's been sober and clean

22 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

He's a grown ass man who wants to do it, who says he's able to do it and who is clean since a couple of years. It's not for you or anyone else but him to decide whether he is up for it. But again, you're showing the pretentious ass you are by insinuating that it's a forgone conclusion that he fucks it up and the only way he would fuck it up would be something tragic.

Giving him a chance to do it is way better than to fly him to god knows where, say, "WTF is he doing here?", letting him play one song and then sending him home. That is not looking out for him.

You´re wrong buddy! Go search a little bit about drug addiction and after that we can continue our talk. Otherwise, to me it's like talking to a grain of beans.

15 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

to my understanding he hadn't fucked up of late at all in any way since he's been sober and clean

After leaving GNR he has already canceled some tours because this shit. To be honest I don´t remember any tour, post GNR, that he has fulfilled all the dates. This is a delicate matter, it´s not about being a grown man, it´s about a disease that if not given due attention and importance can have a tragic ending...This disease requires permanent care and a world tour like NITL it´s not the best environment to take care of this.

People often think that this is only a matter of will, of maturity..They wrong.

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So is Steven Adler. Go ask Brain if you have any doubts... 

I knew someone would try and quote Brain. I have serious doubts. Steven hasn’t don’t anything but be apart of the original GNR and he deserves recognition for his achievements in regards to AFD and the tour. But, he isn’t on the same level as Axl, Slash, and Duff.

2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

TROLL! 

SORUM + ADLER >>>>>>>>> EVERY OTHER DRUMMER THATS COME SINCE THEM

FERRER = AXL's NEW WAY OF BEING A PUBLIC DICK

A song that really highlights Stevens ability is “it taste good” from the AFD tour. It’s on YouTube and he shines. I love his drumming for the original band, but he isn’t right for this tour. 

1) I wished people wouldn t respond to a birthday thread regarding a person they obviously  don t steem/like. why waste your time? 

2) I am sad that Steven received only 2 pages of birthday wishes being 1/5 of the afd 5 who created the magic. 

3)  health issues: please stop it. we all know slash and duff had their addictions. axl had his issues as well as izzy before he got clean. but no one can steal away the legacy of those 5.

that s all 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Derick said:

Alright, so following your logic Axl is a selfish asshole who brought drug addicts Slash and Duff back to the band to be part of this massive tour not thinking about the possibilities of them relapsing. If any of them die, Axl killed them.

That makes a lot of sense... :facepalm:

1 hour ago, sidman69 said:

Thanks for this! Always great to see him. Can't wait to see him out there touring! I've been told there's a good chance he'll come to Argentina this year so I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm sure Rocket Queen and Mr. Brownstone can't wait to be played the right way either :rofl-lol:

58 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Alright, so following your logic Axl is a selfish asshole who brought drug addicts Slash and Duff back to the band to be part of this massive tour not thinking about the possibilities of them relapsing. If any of them die, Axl killed them.

That makes a lot of sense... :facepalm:

Misinformation is a bitch!:shrugs:

Anyway...Some people can control and even lead an almost normal life. Fortunately, Duff and Slash are among these people and they have been demonstrating this for a long time just take a look to their lives and careers before they went back to GNR. How many Slash´s tour was canceled? Take a look to Duff´s life..when was the last time you knew about him having to go back to re-hab? So yeah makes a lot of sense.

EDIT.: If you guys, instead of pointing fingers, could only try to know a little bit more about the matter.. I'm sure that you'll understand what i´m talking about. 

Edited by Derick

4 hours ago, Derick said:

Misinformation is a bitch!:shrugs:

Anyway...Some people can control and even lead an almost normal life. Fortunately, Duff and Slash are among these people and they have been demonstrating this for a long time just take a look to their lives and careers before they went back to GNR. How many Slash´s tour was canceled? Take a look to Duff´s life..when was the last time you knew about him having to go back to re-hab? So yeah makes a lot of sense.

EDIT.: If you guys, instead of pointing fingers, could only try to know a little bit more about the matter.. I'm sure that you'll understand what i´m talking about. 

What you say doesn't make any sense, it has nothing to do with other people not understanding the matter.

The idea that touring with GNR could make Steven fall back into his addiction is simply stupid. If we were talking about 80's GNR where 3 of the other guys were major junkies, then yeah, it wouldn't be a good idea to be around them, that's actually one of the reasons why Izzy decided to leave. These days, though, all those guys are clean and the band have a huge entourage and as many amenities as they could need and want. Instead, Steven is gonna be touring with Adler's Appetite, playing in clubs, hanging out with strangers and do we know whether or not his bandmates are clean and sober? Only a very delusional person would find GNR more risky for Steven than Adler's Appetite but well, if his "friends" don't want to deal with him, then he has to do what he can, play with people who actually want to play with him. It doesn't exactly sound like the GNR guys are keeping him away from the band as a way of taking care of him. It actually takes a whole lot of innocence to believe such thing.

Now let's play idiot for a moment and PRETEND the GNR guys are protecting Steven. What's the point? That's the way you take care of people, by taking the thing they love the most away from them? There's just no way to sustain such a ridiculous theory. Had Steven had a big role in the Not In This Lifetime tour these past two years, he would die a happy man now (assuming the worst was to happen, which once again is beyond absurd, why should it?). As someone who cares about Steven, I want him to be happy, I don't want to just have the "comfort" of knowing he's alive without knowing wheather he's doing well or he's miserable.

Also, the idea that God, the crazy ginger and the businessman would get the blame if Steven happened to OD on tour is stupid too. I haven't seen the Soundgarden guys being blamed for what happened to Chris, or the LP guys being blamed for what happened to Chester, or the Wildabouts being blamed for what happened to Scott. I know I wouldn't blame Slash or Axl had Duff killed himself in the mid 90's which didn't happen by a miracle.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying GNR SHOULD bring Steven back so he's happy, they can do whatever the fuck they want. What I'm saying is pretending the reason to not have him back is to protect Steven is the biggest piece of bullshit EVER. I'm not pointing any fingers at the band, just at silly fans who make shit up to justify Steven's absence.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1