GNR Demo Tape Soundcloud

4 hours ago, B17NNS said:

Same goes for the 5.1 on the blu-ray. Only way to hear that is to buy the super deluxe.

incorrect, the Blu-ray is included in both the Super Deluxe Edition, and the Locked & Loaded boxset.

Sorry, I missed most of this discussion and I'm a bit lost. What's the demo tape thats on the Locked and Loaded box set and not the Super Deluxe Set? Going by the descriptions, they include the exact same music, just one in Vinyl, the other in a Bluray disc, correct?

5 minutes ago, pugachev said:

Sorry, I missed most of this discussion and I'm a bit lost. What's the demo tape thats on the Locked and Loaded box set and not the Super Deluxe Set? Going by the descriptions, they include the exact same music, just one in Vinyl, the other in a Bluray disc, correct?

the demo tape is Mystic Studio sessions 1985. previously available at various quality bootlegs, then @troccoli obtained a cassette which was a considerable upgrade, and now even better quality cassette was included as a hidden bonus in the L&L box. that is the only difference in musical content when you compare L&L and SDE. there's also an USB stick, which contains the same musical content as the 4 discs, just with 3 different quality formats (16/44, 24/96 and 24/192), I'm not sure if this one is in both versions or only in the boxset.. there's also the Blu-ray disc which is in both editions.

yes, there are also vinyls included in L&L, but their content is just another form of data that are on the CDs (hope I'm not wrong here).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

the demo tape is Mystic Studio sessions 1985. previously available at various quality bootlegs, then @troccoli obtained a cassette which was a considerable upgrade, and now even better quality cassette was included as a hidden bonus in the L&L box. that is the only difference in musical content when you compare L&L and SDE. there's also an USB stick, which contains the same musical content as the 4 discs, just with 3 different quality formats (16/44, 24/96 and 24/192), I'm not sure if this one is in both versions or only in the boxset.. there's also the Blu-ray disc which is in both editions.

yes, there are also vinyls included in L&L, but their content is just another form of data that are on the CDs (hope I'm not wrong here).

Not to mention that the vinyl were directly cut from the High Res transfer and master, so there's no benefit to it considering that the chain is not all-analog. You actually get a lower quality version of what's pressed on the wax.

18 minutes ago, EvH said:

Not to mention that the vinyl were directly cut from the High Res transfer and master, so there's no benefit to it considering that the chain is not all-analog. You actually get a lower quality version of what's pressed on the wax.

yes, it's more like a "pseudo fake bonus", similar to all the fake tattoos, fake posters and fake show tickets in the box. thanks for confirmation.

about the HQ audio - of course there can only be 16/44 quality on the Audio CDs, so the higher resolution can either be obtained from the USB stick, or as a SDE digital web release www.hdtracks.com/appetite-for-destruction-super-deluxe-638950 - it's possible to get either full quality 24/192, or slightly "worse" (but still better than regular Audio CD) 24/96.

6 hours ago, zombux said:

incorrect, the Blu-ray is included in both the Super Deluxe Edition, and the Locked & Loaded boxset.

That's what I meant. In order to watch/listen to the blu-ray I have to spend £140 minimum.

• Like 1

Just now, B17NNS said:

That's what I meant. In order to watch/listen to the blu-ray I have to spend £140 minimum.

right. you can get the 4-disc main content in 24/192 quality for $67 from HDTracks, but the rest of the stuff is a different league.

1 hour ago, zombux said:

right. you can get the 4-disc main content in 24/192 quality for $67 from HDTracks, but the rest of the stuff is a different league.

Yes thanks, I've bought and downloaded the 4 disc 24/192 (I just wanted the music in it's best quality, not the CD's and other materials).

I want to buy the download/physical copy of the blu-ray.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Could someone tell me where I can hear some of the Mystic Studio sessions from 85? I missed the sound cloud files and won't be able to afford the locked and loaded.

I understand some of the stuff was released on lower quality bootlegs.  Could someone please tell me some of these titles.

Cheers!