06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

35 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

The first half of their last Download show was a shambles. Annoying the crowd by walking off amidst some Axl tantrums. Wasn’t that the one where Tommy had to apologise for accidentally throwing his bass at a security guy after being hit by a bottle of piss?

When they got into it and brought Izzy and Sebastian Bach out, it delivered a handful of the best pro shots from that era, but even then the sound problems remained with Bumblefoot being inaudible during his Nightrain solo.

4.55-5.01 is a phenomenal vocal ! Whole thing is great really ...Axl is in shape and on top form...if the reunion had kicked off then? WOW

• Like 1

Just now, TheDemocracyRose said:

I was in Berlin and had a great time. But Axls voice is not in a shape of a proshot. Only 5-6 song and they are not showing these songs...

I mostly agree but it's Axl. He always surprises us. 

Not always in good way tho

So weird to think they're in the same country as me and I am not there! But being 5 ft 2 in a crowd like that, with no people around me who like GN'R and would want to come with me, and having been warned about the bottle-of-urine-wars, I didn't think it was a good idea. Still hoping they'll come to Manchester at some point.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1