Appetite for Distortion Ep. 65 - Alan Niven (part 2)

Listening to it now. Interesting interview.

I'm surprised that he thinks Fernando is running the tour, considering how much things have changed since the 90s in regards to organising and running a tour of this scale, how much Live Nation is involved and basically runs things, etc. Like Doug Goldstein, he doesn't seem to take all this into account.

He sounded very resentful about the ISE video being released. He spoke as representing the rest of the band, but he didn't actually say anything about what Slash, Izzy, Duff or Steven thought and said about the S&M stuff, only what he thought they might think. And, at least as far Izzy goes, I don't know how much he'd mind, since he wrote Pretty Tied Up :lol:

I didn't get what his opinion is about OIAM being omitted. He went round in circles about it. But I haven't listened to the whole thing yet.

And the astrology stuff, well... Like he said about the release of the ISE video: "whatever" :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Yeah, the “not in this lifetime” tour has been superb in all respects. It’s going to probably finish up as at least the 3rd most successful tour of all time. Can’t see how he can criticise that. And if Axl is getting 50% of the profit but paying Richard, Frank, Dizzy & Melissa then what’s the problem. 

Too biased in his opinions. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

Yeah, the “not in this lifetime” tour has been superb in all respects. It’s going to probably finish up as at least the 3rd most successful tour of all time. Can’t see how he can criticise that. And if Axl is getting 50% of the profit but paying Richard, Frank, Dizzy & Melissa then what’s the problem. 

Too biased in his opinions. 

I'm a person who couldn't care less about "the AFD 5" appearing on stage together again but I totally get why Alan and many others think it's the right thing to do. It doesn't have anything to do with commercial success.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Not sure I beleive that Niven can’t recall why the hounds didn’t do winos tour. He recalls small details from 89, when there were a million things going on with the beast of gnr, but not major stuff from 93 when there was the smaller, less dramatic ju ju hounds going on?

there could be many honorable reasons for keeping the hushed, I’m not trying to speak poorly of him. Just not sure I buy it though.:shrugs:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, soon said:

Not sure I beleive that Niven can’t recall why the hounds didn’t do winos tour. He recalls small details from 89, when there were a million things going on with the beast of gnr, but not major stuff from 93 when there was the smaller, less dramatic ju ju hounds going on?

there could be many honorable reasons for keeping the hushed, I’m not trying to speak poorly of him. Just not sure I buy it though.:shrugs:

It’s odd. Also Jimmy Ashurst said in his recent interview that he cannot recall why this did not come about. How would you forget something as big as touring with Keith Richards who also happens to be one of Izzy’s idols? It doesn’t really make sense to me.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1