Is Slash really a better guitarist today than he was in the 90s?

He is a legend and up there with the very best. He can be mentioned with Iommi, Page, Angus and Blackmore just because of his contributions to GNR. Everybody knows there are plenty of better technical guitarists but all things considered he is one of the greatest guitar heroes ever. His place in history is save

• Like 4

What is a good guitarist anyway? How can you define that? In technique, in emotions or in output? That's all very subjective. 

Slash did some things on guitar which I'm missing today but does things now that I really like that he didn't do in the past. 

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2

On 17/07/2018 at 10:02 AM, jacdaniel said:

This is a strange fan forum.  I'm reading threads about how the Stones are so much better than Guns and how Slash is a mid tier guitarist :lol: 

Not to mention the Axl sucks, Myles sucks, SMKC suck, NITL sucks, Nightrain fan club sucks threads.

For me, Guns are my favorite band and Slash my favorite guitarist.  Axl is my favorite frontman, although the voice thread is kind of understandable.

The greatest guitarist that ever lived is probably unknown anyways, probably some middle aged man that never got laid and sits in his room sweep picking arpeggios and perfecting his oblique bends.

You guys should take more joy from music :D

Can you do that on the internet? :P

• Like 1